• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the GAFering |OT2|

Well, Supreme Verdict never "works" on haste creatures, but you'd just do it next turn if you can survive it.

Haste creatures would get one bite in, sure.

I don't think that I want to spend the money on this combo...

Archangel of Thune
Scavenging Ooze
Deathrite Shaman

and

Voice of Resurgence
Advent of the Wurm
Trostani, Selesnya's Voice

Ooze, Shaman and Trostani gain you life, letting Archangel buff the creatures like crazy, while Ooze is buffing itself at the same time. Trostani is also populating the tokens from VoR and AotW.

Seems fun.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How does this deck win? Outside of Titan, how does it do anything besides ramp like crazy?

It's pretty much 100% ramp into Titan. I've tested variants that had stuff like Wolf Run, Time Warp, manlands and Emrakul for additional beat down but apparently this guy doesn't think the additional win cons are necessary. I think he's pretty much hinging on that T2/T3 titan into Sunhome.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
It's pretty much 100% ramp into Titan.

With no counters or protection or creature removal?

How did this thing win 1 game, much less win a daily...lol.

RampRampRampRampRamp TITAN!

*doom blade/GFFT*

Welp, GG!

It's pretty much 100% ramp into Titan. I've tested variants that had stuff like Wolf Run, Time Warp, manlands and Emrakul for additional beat down but apparently this guy doesn't think the additional win cons are necessary. I think he's pretty much hinging on that T2/T3 titan into Sunhome.

Yeah, I can't imagine any deck with a singular, fragile wincon having that much success...outside of Charbelcher, I suppose. Manlands, Emrakul would make sense. But just a single Titan? The guy either played complete scrubs or just had the luck of the legendary enchantment creature gods on his side.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That's all in the sideboard. His G1 is committed to getting those Titans out.

The main problem with the deck is the lack of consistency and I guess this guy's strategy is to have the most consistent G1 possible and then fine tune his answers once he knows what he's up against.

(Leave my favorite modern deck alone ._.)

Look at this version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLY8NORzu3g

It uses Tooth and Nail into Ob-Nixilis + Patron of the Moon.

It's such an innovative and versatile deck.

OnPoint

Would be pretty difficult to cast. 3 of either W or B required in a deck where you'd probably wanna run lots of red. I mean, I'd guess you'd cast this late anyways and may have the mana to cast it then but I think Immortal Servitude would be dead in your hand in most occasion.

Well, Supreme Verdict never "works" on haste creatures, but you'd just do it next turn if you can survive it.

Well, my thought is going Boros and gumming up the ground with a bunch of 1 or 2 drops until you can land both the God and the Servitude. Actually probably should have some sort of direct damage package as well, to deal damage before the combo goes off and take care of pesky fliers. I don't know, it's just a jank idea, but it could be fun.

Lucario

Out of curiosity do you ever find him becoming monstrous in your test games?

The opposing deck would scoop before that could happen, as untapping with a dragon in play and 7 mana untapped is going to be enough to win (unless it's an aggro mirror)

But yes, there are a lot of situations where he'd go monstrous and win on the spot.

Fleecemane Lion is in a similar position against control. You just.... have to kill it before they hit 5 mana, or else the game sort of ends. Far//away doesn't help if they have Sylvan Caryatid out, either, so it's just.... uuuugh.

new from bad dragon: "The Stormbreath"

f0rk

attachment.php

People sideboard Angel of Despair in Legacy for Show and Tell right?

y2dvd

Even with Nykthos, that card seems hard to cast because of the double colors. Gift of Orzhova would be a good way to help out with Devotion, though the card is whatever. It's the only card I could think of to get Nykthos the mana it needs to get to Ashen rider the quickest way out asides from maybe some Ozedat's Aid reanimator shenanigans.

bigkrev

Well, from trading and buying, I now have playsets of

Jace Architect of Thought
Sphinx's Revelation
Supreme Verdict
Godless Shrine
Hallowed Fountain
Steam Vents
Watery Grave
Overgrown Tomb
Aetherling
Detention Sphere
Angel of Serenity.

I REALLY hope that there is some deck I can end up playing without needing to invest too much more money.

Edit: Technomancer, who said you were allowed to change your avatar? CHANGE IT BACK

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Well, from trading and buying, I now have playsets of

Jace Architect of Thought
Sphinx's Revelation
Supreme Verdict
Godless Shrine
Hallowed Fountain
Steam Vents
Watery Grave
Overgrown Tomb
Aetherling
Detention Sphere
Angel of Serenity.

I REALLY hope that there is some deck I can end up playing without needing to invest too much more money.

Edit: Technomancer, who said you were allowed to change your avatar? CHANGE IT BACK

Lol, yeah you have a deck in there for sure.

f0rk

There are 2 mythic slots left, 1 black and 1 is probably Medomai the Ageless.
Wondering how deep the gold legendary cycle goes, right now we have 2 Human Soldiers and a Zombie Warrior and are all low cmc so I hope there are 10 as there is potential there.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yea Angels don't really fit a Greek Mythology themed set, what with the biblical implications and whatnot.

I'm wondering if the mythic pro-enemy-color thing is a cycle. We've got that Master of Waves blue creature that's pro-red, and the red dragon that's pro-white.

Lucario

Grixis is 50-50 with big boros and crushes literally everything else

Ashiok is best on turn 3, kind of makes aetherling into your secondary win condition against midrangey lists.

Lucario

Mind PMing a Grixis list? Turn/Burn + Far/Away + PWs seems real nice.

not keeping my lists safe this rotation, help yourself:

4 Magma Jet
2 Mizzium Mortars
2 Doom Blade
2 Far // Away

3 Ashiok
2 Psychic Strike
1 Counterflux
2 Rakdos Keyrune

4 Steam Augury
3 Jace, MemAdept.dll
2 Ral Zarek

1 Aetherling

4 Syncopate
1 Rakdos's Return

12 shocks
4 scrygates
7 Mountain
4 Island

sb:

3 Lifebane Zombie
1 Rakdos's Return
2 Dreadbore
1 Mizzium Mortars
2 Slaughter Games
2 Counterflux
1 Negate
2 Essence Scatter
1 Cyclonic Rift
1 Aetherling

Lucario

Magma Jet is really a 4-of? As is Steam Augury? And no Lightning Strike? Or is this just the "we haven't see enough of the support cards yet" list?

magma jet is the best direct damage spell in the format by an insanely wide margin. We don't really need more support cards, we have so many that I was forced to cut the reasonable-but-not-good-enough Lightning Strike.

however, I'm making room for "Hoofstomp Domri and Stormbreath -- the card". Holy shit is that powerful.

magma jet is the best direct damage spell in the format by an insanely wide margin. We don't really need more support cards, we have so many that I was forced to cut the reasonable-but-not-good-enough Lightning Strike.

I guess I just didn't expect that there would be enough relevant X/2s to kill to where you wanted four of them. Then again, I guess there aren't really that many relevant X3s either to where Lightning Strike is good enough.

Lucario

I guess I just didn't expect that there would be enough relevant X/2s to kill to where you wanted four of them. Then again, I guess there aren't really that many relevant X3s either to where Lightning Strike is good enough.

ash zealot, precinct captain, voice of resurgence, rakdos cackler, spike jester, lifebane zombie, burger king etc. The best aggro creatures are X/2s, and in the mirror it's "2 to the dome, set up your draws for a bit." Test it. It's crazy good.

the only reason I want room for strikes is so I can kill Fleecemane Lion a teeny bit easier, but setting up my draws is more valuable.

Lucario

also, this is probably obvious, but Steam Augury isn't that great - it's merely a way to play draw-go more efficiently in matchups where that's justified. 4 might not be correct, but it feels awesome to make good piles and get three useful cards out of it.

Sometimes you'll get four useless cards, sometimes one good one. It's a crapshoot.

It is absolutely impossible to draw yourself out of a bad situation with it unless you grab two answers.

Also, my favorite 'cute' play so far is sideboarding in 4x Young Pyromancer and 2x Lifebane Zombie after my opponent sideboards all of his removal out.

Hythonia the Cruel 4BB
Legendary Creature - Gorgon [Mythic]
Deathtouch
6BB:Monstrosity 3.
When Hythonia the Cruel becomes monstrous, destroy all non-Gorgon creatures.
4/6

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I like the Satyr. I think its the first Bestow card really shown so far that I can see myself playing as an aura consistently. If I've got a 2/2 that's going to die chumping a 6/6 anyway I can flash him out as an aura, killing the attacker, and then when my dude dies as well I've got the body on the field.

Top Bottom