• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the GAFering |OT2|

Crocodile

zRg1FfH.png

I'm hoping this is all accurate/true. Hopefully they've cracked the entire card by the time I wake up tomorrow?

Target player draws one card and you draw two cards? (It's not looting. There's no reason to target someone else and make them loot.)

Gain control of target nonland permanent/creature?

You get an emblem with "Whenever you cast a spell that targets a permanent your opponents control, draw a card?"

kirblar

Draw 2, Discard 2 (He had Faitheless Looting as a promo, I think)

Gain Control of Target Artifact

Whenever you cast a spell that targets an opponent's permanent, gain control of it

bigkrev

Draw 2, Discard 2 (He had Faitheless Looting as a promo, I think)

Gain Control of Target Artifact

Whenever you cast a spell that targets an opponent's permanent, gain control of it

So 1UR, 3-4 Loyalty? Wonder why they aren't putting him in an expert expansion

ultron87

The "an opponent controls" clause on Banishing Light makes me sad even though I totally understand why it is there. I always liked the possibility of "getting" someone by forcing them to O-ring something they own, but that's obviously a super feel bad moment for the person it happens to. Sometimes you actually can get value from O-ringing your own stuff, like killing a symmetric effect you no longer want. Those moments are always the best and make you feel super smart. To this day one of my favorite winning plays in a tourney was Detention Sphering my Pithing Needle in a mirror match to let my lethal Aetherling to win the game in extra turns.

Deicide art is so baller.

kirblar

The "an opponent controls" clause on Banishing Light makes me sad even though I totally understand why it is there. I always liked the possibility of "getting" someone by forcing them to O-ring something they own, but that's obviously a super feel bad moment for the person it happens to. Sometimes you actually can get value from O-ringing your own stuff, like killing a symmetric effect you no longer want. Those moments are always the best and make you feel super smart. To this day one of my favorite winning plays in a tourney was Detention Sphering my Pithing Needle in a mirror match to let my lethal Aetherling to win the game in extra turns.
They didn't want an optional trigger in order to prevent shenanigans under the new tournament rules, I think.

y2dvd

I just like the name. Card is kind of whatever:

9SFg51C.jpg

This card is totally sideboardable, maybe even 1 mainboardable. There's not that many artifacts, if any at all, to worry about so running this over Revoke Existence makes sense. Add to the fact that it's instant speed and it has an extra affect when it hits a god? This will see play.

I really like most of what I'm seeing from Journey. Gonna be drafting like crazy to get these cards.

Toxi

Banned
I can't think of another Black spider. Is that the first one printed?
Doesn't look like shit went too well for Xenagos.
Too bad, he was the most interesting part of Theros. I liked a villain who was more just someone overturning the status quo for fun.

At least he didn't overstay his welcome.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Day of the standard playables. Maggot, O-Ring 3.0, Decide and Weaver (to a lesser, fringe extent) will see play.

I wish weaver was a zombie tho

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Control is gonna be such a pain in the ass until rotation.

y2dvd

Like I said earlier, there's no artifacts to worry about and Deicide is an instant and has a huge upside if it hits a god. It will see play over Revoke Existence.

MjFrancis

Deicide changes things.

I'm no longer considering an Athreos B/W Humans deck, for starters.

I am thinking that Thassa will get a bit cheaper now that she can be answered rather easily by anyone splashing white. Might just finish my playset now that the price will almost certainly drop some. Maybe not much, but it will drop.

And my Orzhov Control deck will depart with two MB copies of Revoke Existence with Deicide ASAP. If you can't beat 'em...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This card is totally sideboardable, maybe even 1 mainboardable. There's not that many artifacts, if any at all, to worry about so running this over Revoke Existence makes sense. Add to the fact that it's instant speed and it has an extra affect when it hits a god? This will see play.

I really like most of what I'm seeing from Journey. Gonna be drafting like crazy to get these cards.

only artifacts that see play are Pithing Needle and Whip/Spear/Bident, which are Enchantments anyways. I don't think Godsend is going to be a thing either.

I think Elixir sees fringe play too.

Angry Grimace

Someone posted the whole Dack card, but I think it might be fake? There's some questions about where the reddit guy actually got it from or whether its just a mockup.

Its pretty amusing seeing people argue back forth about "I can tell from the pixels."

Toxi

Banned
Someone posted the whole Dack card, but I think it might be fake? There's some questions about where the reddit guy actually got it from or whether its just a mockup.

Its pretty amusing seeing people argue back forth about "I can tell from the pixels."
Guessing it's fake just for that second ability combined with that mana cost. I doubt WotC would print it that cheap.

Hope it's real though.

Top Bottom