• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the GAFering |OT2|

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That really looks photoshopped with all the artifacting around the text.

Also, Dack is the worst first name.

The person who re-posted it from the first person says that is scanning artifacts.

He sounds like a Star Wars character, its awful.

Duck Faygo, Greatest Thief in the Multiverse™

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
OwelFRZ.jpg

Angry Grimace

The emblem on the Duck card sounds suspicious too, to me. When would you ever target an opposing creature with something other than removal?

ultron87

Nah, that'd only happen if Vapor Snag said "Target creature you don't control" or something like that (see Cyclonic Rift). You can Snag your own creatures all day long.

Maledict

The emblem on the Duck card sounds suspicious too, to me. When would you ever target an opposing creature with something other than removal?

Um, it's a block full of enchantments with a specific 'enchant creature' mechanic. Doesn't that emblem just turn every enchant spell you have into steal creature?

Angry Grimace

Um, it's a block full of enchantments with a specific 'enchant creature' mechanic. Doesn't that emblem just turn every enchant spell you have into steal creature?

Its not playable in Standard or Modern, only in Legacy and Vintage (lol).

I keep leaning in and then shying away from MTGO. I always queue up a draft pack in the store, then chicken out because I don't want to split my collection between online and real cards. But I also want to play more actual games of Magic so I can develop my deck building and play skills more. Argh.

Angry Grimace

I keep leaning in and then shying away from MTGO. I always queue up a draft pack in the store, then chicken out because I don't want to split my collection between online and real cards. But I also want to play more actual games of Magic so I can develop my deck building and play skills more. Argh.

I personally find the beta works fine, although it does have some funky errors. Some people really hate it though.

The digital vs. online thing is annoying, but in reality, I play with my online cards 10 times as much as I play my paper ones, so its hard to say they "aren't worth anything."

I play on MTGO because I can play Legacy and (soon) Vintage on demand. It's a build->test->refine paradise in that regard, though I wish they had more daily events I could play in since 2mans are trash.

Crocodile

Seeing the full spoiler is always a shock because I'm always reminded that 90% of cards in a Magic set SUCKKKKKKKKK :p Some interesting cards in the spoiler though. For an "enchantment matters" block, its nice to actually get an "enchantment matters" set :p

bigkrev are you okay? Post if you're ok!
Kappa

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Still equipped to their germ, since taking control doesn't reset equip and they still control the germ.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Still equipped to their germ, since taking control doesn't reset equip and they still control the germ.

That's one of those rules that just doesn't seem to vibe with how the rest of the game is played. The card says "take artifact." Oh, but not that artifact because reasons.

Bah.

On another note, has green ever had destroy land as part of its color pie?

kirblar

That's one of those rules that just doesn't seem to vibe with how the rest of the game is played. The card says "take artifact." Oh, but not that artifact because reasons.

Bah.

On another note, has green ever had destroy land as part of its color pie?
Green's had it forever, it can blow up noncreature permanents.

Maledict

All the way back to Desert Twister in revised - green can destroy lands (or put them on top of your deck) but it's generally very expensive.

Top Bottom