• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the GAFering |OT2|

f0rk

They are replacing the land with a foil in every pack right? So they are actually adding more value to the pack compared to if they did special smaller ones.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Well, seems my trade for some deck pieces fell through so I'll try again. :p

I need:

4x Bridge from Below
4x Chain Lightnings (Legends)
2x Price of Progress

I have some random stuff like Snapcaster, Jitte, P Deeds, and others. Really would like to grab playsets if possible.

Edit: Actually I'll pm ya.

Hex

Banned
Well, seems my trade for some deck pieces fell through so I'll try again. :p

I need:

4x Bridge from Below
4x Chain Lightnings (Legends)
2x Price of Progress

I have some random stuff like Snapcaster, Jitte, P Deeds, and others. Really would like to grab playsets if possible.

Sorry man, only stuff left on my sell list are 2 Huntmasters, a Thragtusk and a Boros Reckoner.
Cleared everything else out and kind of on a holding pattern on legacy and modern.

rCIZZLE

Is there a reason the SCG stream doesn't have chat open anymore or is it just me? Only a couple streams I've encountered didn't have the chat window open.

rCIZZLE

Stream monstering problems. They don't have a sub option to keep it regulated.

Surprised by this. Any time something inappropriate got said it seemed the chat mods were quick to nuke it. Chat's mostly the only thing that compels me to watch it live.

An-Det

Is there a reason the SCG stream doesn't have chat open anymore or is it just me? Only a couple streams I've encountered didn't have the chat window open.

During and after Melissa monstered the PT, both magicprotour and scglive streams turned off their chats since there was so much sexist bullshit and haven't turned them on since. It's a shame too, since I agree with you that the monitoring was usually pretty good.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Surely the new ChannelFireball site is a joke.

Right?

Right???

kirblar

I asked them about it yesterday, and this was their official response.

https://twitter.com/scglive/status/307944506307792896

I think it's pretty lame. I have not bothered to watch many SCG Live streams ever since they took away the chat.

Half the fun was stream monstering, so I'd rather just do something else.
I asked Glenn about linking Premium to Twitch Chat priviledges- he says they haven't considered it, but would have to see if there's an upside for them in the process. (I think there would be.)

It's not surprising that everyone's jumping to SCG now.

ultron87

Right?

Right???

If you just go straight to the strategy page it isn't awful. Though they for some insane reason made watching an entire draft even more laborious than it was on the old site. Though at least the whole thing isn't spoiled by how many videos there are anymore.

bigkrev

Main channel fireball might have changed over the last 24 hours. Going to the main page is now the strategy section, and it formats on an ipad quite nicely now.

So I just had somebody cast Mindslaver, crack it on me, stare at my hand, tank for a bit, and then kill themselves by attacking my creatures into his while forgetting that Stormblood Berserker has "evasion" of sorts. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

JulianImp

So I just had somebody cast Mindslaver, crack it on me, stare at my hand, tank for a bit, and then kill themselves by attacking my creatures into his while forgetting that Stormblood Berserker has "evasion" of sorts. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

This is the kind of stuff that's set to become an urban legend. I've seen some prople screw up over many years of playing, but none committed a mistake a silly as that. Did it happen at an important match?

This is the kind of stuff that's set to become an urban legend. I've seen some prople screw up over many years of playing, but none committed a mistake a silly as that. Did it happen at an important match?

Nah; just the practice rooms on MTGO. I've been kicking the tires on the stock Experiment Zoo list, and he clearly didn't know what he was doing with his Mono-U Tron list.

He was down to 2 life with an assembled Urzatron, and I'm tapped out with a 3/3 Stormblood Berserker against his sad robot. He drops Treasure Mage, tanks, then draws and taps out to Mindslaver me (which to me signals that he's holding stone nothing and is scared of my hand).

He sees 2 Rancors, an Act of Aggression, and I drew a Goblin Guide. He puts my Rancors on his creatures, drops the Goblin Guide, and then attacks my creatures into his; I think his goal was to wrath the board and get the draw off of the robot to hopefully draw an answer. That clearly doesn't work out the way he wanted it to.

Someone pointed to this amateur blog called Co-Op Critics in the Video Game Championship Wrestling thread in Gaming because the writer writes about the Video Game Championship Wrestling stream. I went to see if there has been another post on VGCW and saw that there was a post on the writer's return as an adult to Magic: The Gathering. I thought that it was a decent read and wanted to share.

OnPoint

This thread has been kinda quiet lately. So I have an idea: Let's all list our favorite cards in each major type and say why. I'll start.

Creature

WurmcoilEngine.jpg

• The Wurmcoil, to me, was like a sixth titan. It was a pain in the ass for your opponent to deal with and practically respawned upon death. Lifelink was a great way to catch up if you were behind and the Deathtouch meant nobody really wanted to tussle with it. It's to me, one of the purest power creatures I've ever played, without being unfair of course.

• Runner up: Rhox Faithmender
  • Third place: Emrakul, duh

Enchantment

• Green doesn't typically get a lot of incredible card draw, so Sylvan Library was something truly special. Yes it comes at a price, but it's totally worth it. The cost is totally splashable so it isn't limited to just green decks.

• Runner up: Celestial Dawn
  • Third place: Omniscience

Enchantment - Aura

• I absolutely love Armadillo Cloak. Not only can it make your creature pretty freaking awesome, I love its ability to neuter an opponent's creature as well. Just a great card almost every time I ever drew it.

• Runner up: Rancor
  • Third place: Flickering Ward

Instant

• The most efficient burn spell I've ever played with. I don't think any card has been more used by me in my entire Magic career. Simple, effective, to the point.

• Runner up: Swords to Plowshares
  • Third place: Capsize

Sorcery

• The Demonic Tutor is my boy. He used to get me whatever I needed at any point in my Sliver decks. Now he's flexing hard in my Commander brews. That horned bastard has got my back, and I've got his in turn.

• Runner up: Hymn to Tourach
  • Third place: Timely Reinforcements

Artifact

• When I came in, Jester's Cap was the shit. This domepiece, however, is the pinnacle of that ability. Controlling your opponent for an entire turn is, well, incredible. The fact that you can lock someone down with it in the right scheme is downright evil.

• Runner up: Helm of Obedience
  • Third place: Mimic Vat

Artifact - Equipment

• Yes, almost all of the other swords are better on a pure power level. But I absolutely LOVE milling someone 10 and getting a wolf. It's the most fun equipment I have ever used, and is absolutely filthy with double-strike.

• Runner up: Umezawa's Jitte
  • Third place: Trailblazer's Boots

Land - Non-basic

• I never ran out of creatures or was too worried about board wipes back when this was standard legal. It was one of my favorite ways to keep a game going on my end. Fun in EDH today.

• Runner up: Urza's cycle (yes all three)
  • Third place: Lake of the Dead

Planeswalker

• Dude is a straight up dick. The fact that he can bring an entire army his way and leave an opponent totally open for an attack is disgusting, especially on a nearly empty board. Five mana is a lot, but he always helped me out when I needed it.

• Runner up: Garruk, Primal Hunter
  • Third place: Sorin Markov

kirblar

Creature: Questing Phelddagrif
Artifact: Birthing Pod
Enchantment: Aluren
Land: Tectonic Edge
Instant: Brainstorm
Sorcery: Vindicate
Planeswalker: Tamiyo, the Moon Sage

Will expand on this later.

An-Det

Creature: Dark Confidant

When it was printed I was in love. So much risk vs reward, it fits my playstyle perfectly and I play decks with him whenever possible.

Image.ashx

Enchantment: Mirari's Wake

My first decent tournament deck was UG Madness, but the one I first had success with was Wake. It was so much fun, love this card.

Image.ashx

Enchantment - Aura: Empyrial Armor

I really couldn't think of anything else besides Rancor, but I love Empyrial Armor, it was so much fun in old school white weenie with creatures with Shadow and Land Tax.

Image.ashx

Instant: Brainstorm

So fucking good.

Image.ashx

Sorcery: Yawgmoth's Will

So good.

Image.ashx

Artifact: Lion's-Eye Diamond

Originally a poor mans Black Lotus, it's taken on a life of it's own since Storm was printed. I've played so many decks with this, love it.

Image.ashx

Equipment: Umezawa's Jitte

Image.ashx

Nonbasic land: Mishra's Factory

The original manland, and while it's been mostly outclassed based on what a deck wants, it's still my favorite. The first time I played this and then a Standstill on turn 2 was incredible.

Image.ashx

Planeswalker: Ajani Vengeant

Elspeth KE, Jace TMS, LOTV, and Ajani Goldmane are the rest of my top 5, but Vengeant was the first I used extensively in tournament play. Playing 5c control in standard with this was so good.

Image.ashx

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Creature:
Death Baron.
It's my favorite zombie lord, Undead Warchief is a close second, followed by Diregraf Captain

25.jpg

Enchantment:
Endless Ranks of the Dead.
It's a free zombie generator.

99.jpg

Enchantment - Aura:
Animate Dead.
Makes other creatures zombies. This is a good thing.

16.jpg

Instant:
Entomb.
Puts zombies into graves where they belong.

132.jpg

Sorcery:
Zombie Apocalypse.
It kills all nasty humans and brings zombies back to life.

80.jpg

Artifact:
Coat of Zombies.
Read the text, fools!

316.jpg

Equipment:
Nim Deathmantle.
It makes things untouchable zombies and makes them powerful after coming back.

188.jpg

Nonbasic land:
Unholy Grotto.
Zombie land? Zombie land!

327.jpg

Planeswalker:
Planeswalkers are racist and I will not abide them.

JulianImp

Creature: Morphling (honorary mentions: Torchling & Thornling) - So many fun an different abilities! Sadly, now that damage doesn't go on the stack, they've gotten a lot weaker. Oh, and the haste on Thornling was a waste (and that art...)

Enchantment: Endless Whispers - Gotta love wacky effects like this one.

Aura: Dunno... I'll edit it in later

Instant: Mirrorweave - A global copy effect? That is an instant? And hybrid as well? Sign me up!

Sorcery: Primal Command - The only thing better than a one-option charm is a two-option one, and most of its modes are interesting and relevant.

Artifact: Knowledge Pool - Yet another interesting wacky effect.

Equipment: Illusionist's Bracers - Copy effect for abilities!

Non-basic land: Thespian Stage - I love copy effects, and this one's repeatable!

Planeswalker: Nicol freakin' Bolas - I still wish I had a copy...

bigkrev

(On the ipad, so it's hard to do images)

Favorite creature: Slith Firewalker
Favorite enchantment: Pyromancer Ascencion
Favorite aura: Rancor
Favorite sorcery: Stone Rain
Favorite instant: Hatred
Favorite artifact: Isocron's Scepter
Favorite non-basic land: Treetop Village
Favorite planeswalker: Jace Beleren

Random cards that missed the cut: Rising Waters, Arc Slogger, Fire/Ice, Rotlung Reanimator, Fortress Crab, Sex Monkeys and Living Death

ultron87

Let's see here:

Creature:
Flickerwisp

Image.ashx

Flickering is one of my favorite effects, and this lets you do it while keeping a 3/1 flying body around. It doesn't have the instant speed advantage of being able to dodge removal, but you still get to have fun with ETB abilities and knock off counters and get that troublesome permanent out of the way for just long enough.

Enchantment
Pernicious Deed
Image.ashx

Just an incredibly powerful card that gives you a ton of control over the board. I really enjoy figuring out the exact perfect moment to crack it.

Enchantment Aura
Pillory of the Sleepless

Image.ashx

I've always had a soft spot for Pacifism effects, and this one is a win condition too!

Instant
Swords to Plowshares

Image.ashx

It just does its job better than anything else.

Sorcery
Rite of Replication

Image.ashx

Something great happens every time you successfully kick this. Probably my favorite thing to do in Magic.

Artifact
Mimic Vat

Image.ashx

This is another card that can lead to a lot of very entertaining effects and situations. And I love that it is actually fairly versatile in the creative ways to use it.

Equipment

Erm. I dunno. The Swords are cool, but none are really my favorite.

Non-Basic Land
Shelldock Isle

Image.ashx

It makes blue mana so it is obviously the best. And it likes long drawn out games so it is doubly the best.

Planeswalker
Karn Liberated

Image.ashx

You always have an out if you have a Karn in your deck.

OnPoint

Great lists so far.

Creature: Morphling (honorary mentions: Torchling & Thornling) - So many fun an different abilities! Sadly, now that damage doesn't go on the stack, they've gotten a lot weaker. Oh, and the haste on Thornling was a waste (and that art...)

Enchantment: Endless Whispers - Gotta love wacky effects like this one.

Aura: Dunno... I'll edit it in later

Instant: Mirrorweave - A global copy effect? That is an instant? And hybrid as well? Sign me up!

Sorcery: Primal Command - The only thing better than a one-option charm is a two-option one, and most of its modes are interesting and relevant.

Artifact: Knowledge Pool - Yet another interesting wacky effect.

Equipment: Illusionist's Bracers - Copy effect for abilities!

Non-basic land: Thespian Stage - I love copy effects, and this one's repeatable!

Planeswalker: Nicol freakin' Bolas - I still wish I had a copy...

God damn it. How did I forget Thespian's Stage!

Hero

Artifact

Image.ashx

Perhaps the best mana acceleration ever since it sticks around and ramps you from 1 mana to 4 on turn two as long as you can player another land. Kitchen table Magic decks of mine always had one of these and of course that tradition continues with EDH today.

Honorable Mention:

Isochron Scepter - Such a fun, borderline abusable card.

Equipment

Image.ashx

What can possibly be said about this card that hasn't already been mentioned? Powerful and broken in every sense of the word.

Honorable Mention:

Batterskull - +4/+4, lifelink and vigilance while providing a creature token when it ETB. Absurd.

Creature

Image.ashx

What a spectacular creature, relevant at most all stages of the game and thereby never usually a dead draw, can make combat damage more complicated at instant speed.

Honorable Mention:

Snapcaster Mage - Great card but should've been red.

Enchantment

Image.ashx

Absolutely broken enchantment that should've never seen print as is, one of my favorite decks back in the day used this along with Academy Rector to tutor it and cheat in Serra Avatar into play.

Honorable Mention:

Moat - I always wanted one of these just because it shuts so many decks down or at least it did.

Aura

Image.ashx

The best one drop aura ever printed, rarely ever irrelevant unless the game is already out of reach.

Honorable Mention:

Control Magic - Bread and butter of control decks

Instant

brainstorm.jpg

Perhaps one of the most skill intensive cards of all time, even deciding when to cast it often separates good players from great players.

Honorable Mention:

Lightning Bolt - Classic and will never go out of style unless they print a 4 damage version, which they won't.

Sorcery

ld50_card1.jpg

Armageddon, Wrath of God and Mind Twist all rolled up into one card for a measly two mana. The most broken sorcery of all time for the rest of time.

Honorable Mention:

Time Spiral - Draw seven and untap six lands to let you cast those newly drawn cards first? Yes please.

Land

Image.ashx

One of the first cards I ever opened in a booster pack I fell in love with this card as it held back their biggest dude. While it's been imitated it's never been completely replicated and for good reason, it's just too good for what it does, even without being able to tap for mana.

Honorable Mention:

Tolarian Academy - Extremely broken but fun in the goldfishing "oops play my hand out" decks.

Planeswalker:

stf84_jkgvbstyfdturbs.png

Talk about a bad-ass. Can slam down on the table and turn the game around in the blink of an eye. Gideon is your defensive muscle until you find answers and when you do he becomes a fatty that can go to town on your opponent. One of the best designed Planeswalker cards in my opinion.

Honorable Mention:

Ajani Vengeant - Really close, perhaps even tied. This Ajani has three highly relevant abilities and the ultimate is backbreaking.

rCIZZLE

Artifact: Lion's Eye Diamond
Enchantment: Blood Moon
Equipment: Batterskull
Creature: Delver of Secrets
Non-basic land: Rishadan Port
Aura: Power Artifact
Instant: Force of Will
Sorcery: Show and Tell
Planeswalker: JACE THE MIND SCULPTOR

Creature:
Image.ashx

One of the most beautifully designed cards ever. This is a gamewinner if resolved, and the way the card is templated, there is no beneficial way to cheat this into play. You just need to provide 7 mana, and you win the game on the spot.
Runner-Up: Flametongue Kavu
Second Runner-Up: Broodmate Dragon

Instant:
Image.ashx

Yeah, this is kind of a boring answer. But I love versatility in my instants, and this does basically everything you could ask for.
Runner-Up: Abrupt Decay
Second Runner-Up: Electrolyze

Sorcery:
Image.ashx

Yes, there are better wraths. There are even better wraths in black. But this one will always have a soft spot in my heart. How else could Grixis control deal with Thrun?
Runner-Up: Grapeshot
Second Runner-Up: Lingering Souls

Enchantment:
Image.ashx

This got much worse after the printing of Abrupt Decay, but this is still an Ascension that doesn't require you to do anything more than what you probably wanted to do anyway. It's kinda like a Bitterblossom that isn't obnoxiously unfair.
Runner-Up: Pyromancer Ascension
Second Runner-Up: Curse of Death's Hold

Artifact:
Image.ashx

Seriously? Did you read this card?
Runner-Up: Birthing Pod
Second Runner-Up: Coalition Relic

Aura:
Image.ashx

I like taking away your stuff, and gaining life as it happens is doubly good.
Runner-Up: Rancor
Second Runner-Up: Mind Control

Land:
Image.ashx

Restrictive in colors, but a land that lets you dig through your deck at your opponent's EOT is pretty damn sweet.
Runner-Up: Creeping Tar Pit
Second Runner-Up: Dryad Arbor

Planeswalker:
Image.ashx

Blow your shit up. Take your shit. Beat you senseless.
Runner-Up: Liliana of the Veil
Second Runner-Up: Tamiyo, the Moon Sage

PsionBolt

These posts are all huge with images, wow.

Creature
Abyssal Persecutor
Image.ashx

This card is the nuts. A 6/6 flying trample for 2CC.

Honourable Mentions:
Force of Savagery. This card has 8 power for only 2C.
Jace's Phantasm. A 5/5 flyer for C.
Ball Lightning. 6 power, trample, and haste for CCC.
Myr Superion. I can't believe I fogtot his guy until Leunam mentioned him. The Übermyr! a 5/6 for 2!

Artifact
Darksteel Relic.
Image.ashx

The fact that cards like this can be printed, and actually be useful, shows how awesome of a game Magic is.

Honourable mentions:
Darksteel Citadel. The only artifact land that should have been printed.
Blacker Lotus. Might as well go all the way!

Equipment
Grafted Wargear.
Image.ashx

Not much to say. Equip for 0, +3/+2, no real drawback.

Honourable mentions:
Basilisk Collar.
Deathrender. Even if you never use the ability, the fact that your opponent fears it enough to play around is great.

Enchantment
Grip of Chaos.
Image.ashx

It mentions the stack in its actual text, what the hell.

Honourable mentions:
Food Chain.
Luminarch Ascension.
Manabond. Just because I like playing manlands.dec.

Aura
Angelic Destiny.
Image.ashx

Flavourful, powerful. Should have been in AVR though.

Honourable mentions:
Ethereal Armor.
Animate Wall. For the art.

Instant
Dash Hopes
Image.ashx

Almost everything that blue has, it has almost exclusively, counterspells included. Black and white should have more counterspells. Monoblack control should be a thing again.

Honourable mentions:
Fatal Frenzy. This is just 4 more copies of Ball Lightning.

Sorcery
Temporal Extortion.
Image.ashx

Extra turns is another thing that blue has a stranglehold on. I don't know if they belong in black, but I'd like them in some non-blue colour. Also, I love CCCC costs.

Honourable mentions:
Heroes Remembered. "You gain 20 life", and it only costs C.
Reforge the Soul. I would like to put Wheel of Fortune, but I've never actually used one.

Land
Maze of Ith.
Image.ashx

I strongly feel this card deserves a real reprint. Any environment with this card in constructed WILL have control decks, and they will be great. Maybe wait until some other great control cards (Sphinx's Revelation, Snappy) rotate, though.

Honourable mentions:
Creeping Tar Pit. My favourite manland.
Vesuva. Whatever you need it to be.

Planeswalker
Gideon, Champion of Justice.
Image.ashx

It makes me sad that no one likes this guy. He has a +50 ability!

Honourable mentions:
Koth of the Hammer. The man likes him some mountains, and isn't afraid to admit it. I respect that.
Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas. I like cards that you have to build your deck around to use effectively.
Tezzeret, the Seeker. Same reason.

Whew. That took a while!

BBE_zps86306c1a.jpg

Creature: Bloodbraid Elf - Yeah, it's kinda broken. But my reintroduction back into Magic had me on the tail-end of Standard Jund's reign of terror so I don't have the same stigma against this card like others. It's just the perfect R/G Aggro creature.

LightningBolt_zpsfd218509.jpg

Instant: Lightning Bolt - The standard to which all other burn spells are judged. When this was Standard legal, even the other burn spells that were printed were better, Burst Lightning, Arc Trail, Searing Blaze, etc.

grenade_zps4407c6b1.jpg

Sorcery: Goblin Grenade - One of my favorite plays was saccing an Arsonist to this, followed by a Brimstone Volley to win the game. Plus, isn't that artwork wicked?

arena_zps52560a14.jpg

Enchantment: Phyrexian Arena - Goes in every Black EDH deck. People have wised up and have been nuking this on site, unfortunately.

madskills_zps3452b798.jpg

Aura: Madcap Skills - I've said it before, I'll say it again, since Intimidate is already taken, I vote for this to be the keyword for "Can't be blocked except by two or more creatures."

shrine_zps654107bc.jpg

Artifact: Shrine of Burning Rage - What they don't tell you is that the Burning Rage comes from your opponent after you pop one of these with 11 counters on it.

swordwap_zps7cf08311.jpg

Equipment: Sword of War and Peace - In my Ashling EDH deck, this is one of the main equipments I love seeing, since so many in my area love White. Narrowly beat out Batterskull.

rageravine_zps25585e8c.jpg

Non-Basic Land: Raging Ravine - Taps for my two favorite colors, and becomes an increasingly huge Elemental? Don't mind if I do...

koth_zps81d023a7.jpg

Planeswalker: Koth of the Hammer - When he was Standard legal there wasn't a single deck that I built that didn't start with "4x Koth of the Hammer." He's dirt cheap now, but I don't regret a single cent spent on Koth. To me, he is the definitive Red 'walker, and it's my hope that they someday print a Chandra at least a half as good as him.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
So Keru, I would imagine Saito's latest standard builds were right up your alley?

I get why the Magic community does this, and I especially get why WotC is trying to push particular players as "stars" but it bemuses me when a generic R/G aggro deck gets to be named after a dude. Like, he played Emissary and Hellrider and Ash Zealot? What? I never saw that coming!

OnPoint

Oh definitely! I'm in paradise with RG Aggro being a viable build, and I'm making up lost time when I missed out on Fires of Yavimaya-Standard.

So good. I loved my Stompy decks back in the day, so I know the feeling. RG Aggro is such a satisfying archetype.

I get why the Magic community does this, and I especially get why WotC is trying to push particular players as "stars" but it bemuses me when a generic R/G aggro deck gets to be named after a dude. Like, he played Emissary and Hellrider and Ash Zealot? What? I never saw that coming!

Wasn't the situation that he pretty much Tweeted the deck lists and they were just that good, though?

True, but there's something to be said about not only refining the lists, but piloting it to the top of the heap at a big event.

One thing I do differently though, is run Ghor-Clan Rampager. Probably my favorite card out of Gatecrash.

Leunam

Favorite Creature
5puqRbA.jpg

Loved everything about this guy, the art especially. My reanimator deck where he was the star played well also, but I just really liked the character.

Favorite Enchantment
YGAKJAC.jpg

I liked hosing goblins with this, especially when I had more than one on the same person.

Favorite Aura
5a3zGC7.jpg

Always liked pairing this with something unblockable. Card advantage is always a plus.

Favorite Sorcery
j0vKxbh.jpg

I had a deck revolving this, lots of ramp, and dragons. Didn't always work, but when it did it was fun digging through my deck and greatly increasing board presence.

Favorite Instant
9fAIq8d.jpg

An unexpected 1 damage when it looks like you're all tapped out. Has swung games around for me more than once.

Favorite Artifact
w94GdNg.jpg

This is cheating I know, but I liked this card ever since it was spoiled. Never got a playset, and never actually played with it, but this is one of the first "artifacts" that comes to mind when I think of my time when I started playing.

Favorite Non-basic Land
FhvOt1s.jpg

Does a good job of keeping people on edge while they wait to see what I drop.

Favorite Planeswalker
ygxqfrS.jpg

It was either him or Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas. I like all the Planeswalkers, but I especially like the bad guys.

There's a lot of fine tuning and testing that leads to that...

kirblar

It's named after him because the decklists came straight from his twitter and subsequently drove everyone testing for the PT insane because he was wrecking them.

CommonWriter

UncommonlyGoodListener
Favorite:
  • Creature
    Image.ashx

This is probably the card that made me laugh the most when I played against it and played with it. Playing a mirror where the opponent's Ravager says "Sacrifice an Artifact:" and your Ravager says "Sacrifice a permanent:" is amazing. Runner Up: Arcum Dagsson

• Artifact
    Image.ashx

I realize it's another creature (in which case my choices would be Mindslaver/Darksteel Forge), but this guy is another one that's a lot of fun to use and combat. Having a Pemmin's Aura on top of this guy is also hilarity.
    Runner Up: Mindslaver

• Equipment
    Image.ashx

Because Umezawa's Jitte. Runner Up: Batterskull

• Enchantment/Aura
    Image.ashx

I don't really play a lot of enchantments or aura's, but this one is adorable to use on an opponents indestructible creature (or your own Cho-Manno/Stuffy Doll), that you then enchant with (Runner Up:) Diplomatic Immunity

• Instant
    Image.ashx

Isochron hijinks.

• Sorcery
    Image.ashx

EDH legal Tinker.

• Land
    Image.ashx

It's starting to become apparent that I only play EDH anymore.

• Planeswalker
    Image.ashx

pls help me

mercviper

Artifact: Liar's Pendulum. For the game within the game, this is my favorite card and I constructed it in basically all the decks I played with IRL friends.

Enchantment: Overabundance. I ran this plus Urza's Armor in a Citadel of Pain deck before they took mana burn out of the game. The Timmy in me loved that deck for all the X spells I crammed in there like Fanning the Flames.

Equipment: Loxodon Warhammer

Creature: Ball Lightning. A personal favorite as I played red burn when I first got into magic long ago. This was one of my best cards at the time.

Non-basic land: Gaea's Cradle Not exactly my favorite, since I never played with many non-basics. But I have many fond memories of destroying this land, or getting destroyed by it in a squirrel/hermit deck.

Aura: Cho-Manno's Blessing

Instant: Fling. Tough to say what feels better than flinging a Serra Avatar or another fatty straight into your opponent's face.

Sorcery: Goblin Game. Another 'fun' card I liked to play against IRL friends.

Planeswalker: Sarkhan Vol. I haven't played much since RoE so I don't know many of the planeswalkers. Sarkhan was a pretty solid card iirc. Lore-wise though, it'd be Jaya Ballard because she's the best.

f0rk

Creature: Snapcaster Mage because spells > creatures.
Instant: Cryptic Command, runners up Terror variants, Desperate Ravings
Land: Creeping Tar Pit because it taps for the best colours and hitting them is more fun than milling
Sorcery: Pyroclasm because fuck creatures, and I'll Doom Blade the big ones.
Planeswalker: Karn because Nico Bolas has come down a turn late for me before.
Enchantment: Burning Vengeance because building around it is fun.
Equipment: Batterskull so I don't have to any other creatures.

So yeah Grixis 4 lyf

Top Bottom