• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the GAFering |OT2|

Hero

Not bad in terms of value. Probably pick up one or two.

Nothing will ever match Elspeth vs Tezzeret sadly. That one was insane.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Not bad in terms of value. Probably pick up one or two.

Nothing will ever match Elspeth vs Tezzeret sadly. That one was insane.

Demonic vs Angelic was crazy too. I have a friend who has that any only plays super casually. I'd love to get my hands on the pieces for 20 bucks...heh

More Mindslaver goodness: cracking it on an opponent with a Liliana about to go ultimate.
lol.gif

y2dvd

Local FNM is all playing R/G aggro. I've just experienced a T2 Burning Emmissary, Burning Emmissary, Flinthoof Boar. T3 pillar of flame and ash zealot. T4 Hellrider. Yeah...no time to stabilize.

0-2 drop in the first DE today. I went in expecting to run into loads of Zoo based on the past few days of DE results, so I decided to play Twin again and go in on Firespout over Pyroclasm. The matchup seemed really good from testing yesterday.

But then I ran into Amulet Combo, where he won game one after spending 10 of his minutes, then lost game 2 after spending 13 of his minutes (Blood Moon being the star here). With two minutes to go, I kept a hand that stopped his combo cold, but instead he dropped three Lotus Cobras and a Thrun and beat me down with 9 seconds left on his clock.

Then I ran into Affinity and T1 Cranial Plating two games in a row. :(

rCIZZLE

Well, seems my trade for some deck pieces fell through so I'll try again. :p

I need:

4x Bridge from Below
4x Chain Lightnings (Legends)
2x Price of Progress

I have some random stuff like Snapcaster, Jitte, P Deeds, and others. Really would like to grab playsets if possible.

zoukka

I nabbed a bunch of zombie core rares before a long hiatus from magic. Today I checked their prices and it seems Lotleth Troll ended being garbage :D Glad I payed almost a tenner each.

But it seems Woodland Cemeterys, Deathrite Shamans and Gravecrawlers have come up in price... almost double/triple from what I payed from them :)

rCIZZLE

I nabbed a bunch of zombie core rares before a long hiatus from magic. Today I checked their prices and it seems Lotleth Troll ended being garbage :D Glad I payed almost a tenner each.

But it seems Woodland Cemeterys and Gravecrawlers have come up in price...

Yep, new lands are basically always a good investment since they're fairly cheap while the set is being opened/drafted and usually go up during the next block. Not always guaranteed but I'll gladly trade high value standard cards down into standard lands.

WanderingWind

But it seems Woodland Cemeterys, Deathrite Shamans and Gravecrawlers have come up in price... almost double/triple from what I payed from them :)

I still think B/G zombies are going to top 8 a few times. Dammit, lotleth is really, really good.

/fanboy

WanderingWind

I haven't followed the meta at all. 2 dollars really makes it seem like trash though.

Did gatecrash bring anything to the zombie archetype?

Nah. It's down right now, but Abrupt Decay is rising in usefulness. It's not like the archetype got worse, but the meta shifted to combating sphinx's and just being silly with the mana bases. B/R/G zombies is going to be a thing.

Maybe.

Help me out GAF, how can I make a good troll deck for the purpose of aggravating my opponent and stalling the game for hours to have me either win or stalemate the game?

zoukka

That's the cheapest way probably. You can also try and search for substitutes for expensive cards if there are any in the deck.

You can also buy cards at MCM. If you can find all the needed cards from one selles, you'll get them all in one shipment.

Appreciate it dude.

Hero

This is exactly what I want. The anger of other humans is the greatest aphrodisiac.

I'm kind of curious why? Like you're going to spend time, money and effort to put this deck together. Best case scenario is you troll your group for a game or two before they just stop playing with you.

Okay, so if collective blessing is on the board, do creatures "come onto the battlefield" WITH the +3/+3 or do they gain it after?

So say Garruk's Packleader is on the board and I summon an Avacyn Pilgrim, do I get to draw a card because of Collective Blessing?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Okay, so if collective blessing is on the board, do creatures "come onto the battlefield" WITH the +3/+3 or do they gain it after?

So say Garruk's Packleader is on the board and I summon an Avacyn Pilgrim, do I get to draw a card because of Collective Blessing?

Yes. Things like "come into the battlefield" are triggered effects and thus they use the stack, whereas things like "All creatures/lands are blah blah blah" are applied "immediately" since they don't use the stack (although they do use a more esoteric system in the form of templates).

ultron87

As one of the likely rare opportunities to play Modern Masters limited I could totally see it just busting all records. I definitely considered finding a way to get there.

WanderingWind

I just can't see how they're looking at the huge attendance at these GPs and the number of people watching the streams and think they should still print super small runs of product anymore.

WanderingWind

Modern Masters won't be super small

I pray you are right. It's not what they said when they announced it, but since then they haven't said much at all. Hopefully, they're listening to fans this time, rather than doing the "we know what's best" thing.

Elspeth was still a 30 dollar STD legal card at the time.

Remember when Planeswalkers were good?

Are you sure? I remember her being worth something but I don't think it was anywhere close to $30 when it came out.

They've been awful non-committal about the size. However, we can all agree it'll be like 8+ a pack, right?

I would hope so... Have they ever gone below that? I forget how many cards those $2 or whatever packs were a couple years ago.

f0rk

He means $8 Zaraki

Oh, I'm not talking about those - I mean the Planechase/Commander deck cards that are super hard to find.

This is only really a problem for Legacy though right? It seems Wizards see that as a lost cause as they are stuck in a corner with the duel land situation.

OnPoint

They might but I think something Modern Masters they would be able to. People would still bitch mind you but you know that wouldn't translate into losing sales.

Yeah people would still buy it. It wouldn't be draftable at that point, but they'd buy no matter how hard they bitched

Top Bottom