• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the GAFering |OT2|

Updawgs

Hi MTG-Gaf,

Sorry to intrude (mods feel free to delete if inappropriate), but quick question from someone who started MTG with 1-month buying frenzy and now has to unload their collection: What would be a fair price to sell everything? I have someone offering $80, which I'm inclined to take up on:

Here are all my cards: Deckbox

Also included is:

2x Ultrapro Clear Plastic Deckboxes
1x MTG Black Leather Deckbox
1x Black Ultrapro Plastic Deckbox

1x Dragon Shield Black Sleeves (what I wrapped my rares in)
1x Dragon Shield Pink Sleeves (what I wrapped the Green/Red deck in)
1x Dragon Shield Purple Sleeves (unopened!)
20x 9-card Ultrapro Binder Sleeves
Buttload of Ultra-Pro Clear Sleeves

1x Big-ass 20-sided Dice (cream)
1x Regular 20-sided Dice (marbled green)
1x 36-pack of 6-sided Token Dice (marbled)
1x 12-pack of 6-sided Token Dice (frosted)

1x Black playing mat
6x White Long Cardboxes

The Lot

Thanks for your time!

f0rk

I think that block counts in the sense that it can give a good idea of what to run at rotation.

So what did best in the block format?
The best 2 decks seem to be GBx midrange and esper control. RG Elspeth is pretty good too. There are a few aggro decks but I don't know how good they really are yet.

ultron87

Does it always happen in PT drafts that the top 2 players sit next to each other in the draft and then play each other immediately? That seems odd.

ultron87

Them playing makes sense of course. Chapin getting to see 2/3 of the cards Josh got passed just seems like a not insignificant advantage.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think that block counts in the sense that it can give a good idea of what to run at rotation.

So what did best in the block format?

Speculating about rotation is kind of pointless though since there's no way to know what's in either the fall block or the Core set.

bigkrev

This looks totally crazy

And something I would have no interest in

There is a card that let's you add a pack of your choice to the draft!

Hero

Conspiracy seems fun.

Incoming supply of foil cards like Swords to Plowshares and Brainstorm should be nice and healthy for people who enjoy foils.

Fall block is going to be revealed tomorrow.

ultron87

There is a card that let's you add a pack of your choice to the draft!

That seems like it would be awkward for playing in a store since the booster has to come from somewhere.

I still feel like this would be a way more compelling product if it wasn't coming in boosters, but whatever.

traveler

Not Wario
Yeah, my playgroup is scattered now, so we have to simulate most things online. Drafting this online seems downright impossible. Looks great for those who can participate though.

rCIZZLE

Conspiracy seems fun.

Incoming supply of foil cards like Swords to Plowshares and Brainstorm should be nice and healthy for people who enjoy foils.

Fall block is going to be revealed tomorrow.

I really hope it's a nice foiling process. Still need to get a set of StP but can't stand the art on the judge foil, the FTV one is ugly, and the FNM one is too expensive and even then they're hard to find from non-vendors.

Plus the rest of my foils are all from the original pack printing and this is the first time that's happened with StP.

Hero

Paul is apparently a notoriously slow player- commentators were even joking on day one that he's always the last guy in the Feature Match area

Changes my opinion a bit then. Nothing wrong with taking your time but yeah you do need to realize when to speed it up.

So from watching the Conspiracy video, it actually does look like fun, but almost certainly only with people you're comfortable playing with in your playgroup. The idea of drafting this set with randoms at a pre-release actually sounds kind of awful.

kirblar

So from watching the Conspiracy video, it actually does look like fun, but almost certainly only with people you're comfortable playing with in your playgroup. The idea of drafting this set with randoms at a pre-release actually sounds kind of awful.
I cannot stand multiplayer.

But will happily put these artifact cards in my semi-custom cube!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Feels bad, man.

Had opponent down to 4 life (vs. 18) with 2 Desecration Demons on the field and he hits me with his Hypnotic Siren to draw an extra card. The extra cards are Master of Waves and a Nykthos so he can cast every card in his hand, activate Thassa and put 8 tokens on the field.

bigkrev

I cannot stand multiplayer.

But will happily put these artifact cards in my semi-custom cube!

Yeah, I hate multiplayer as well. I'd be way more interested if this was designed around 4 1v1 matches instead of multiplayer games. If there is a store event around release I'll probably play once, but then never again.

BTW, enjoy staring at these beauties, you aren't going to be able to afford enough of them when they are released (rumor is they are judge promos)

Bn4pi_9CMAEG5Ol.jpg:large

bigkrev

I've never drafted before so I'm excited, multiplayer or not. I like the more powerful cards to obtain as well.

If you have never drafted before, you should probably change that stat. This probably isn't a very good first experience because of how extra complicated the draft will be

Yeah, I hate multiplayer as well. I'd be way more interested if this was designed around 4 1v1 matches instead of multiplayer games. If there is a store event around release I'll probably play once, but then never again.

I really don't want to draft this at a store. I really only want to draft it with my playgroup, because I know these guys and we'll take it just un-seriously enough to be fun.

Lucario

BTW, enjoy staring at these beauties, you aren't going to be able to afford enough of them when they are released (rumor is they are judge promos)

Bn4pi_9CMAEG5Ol.jpg:large

don't care. I'm getting 23 of those islands.

no i'm not ;.;

I really don't want to draft this at a store. I really only want to draft it with my playgroup, because I know these guys and we'll take it just un-seriously enough to be fun.

Yeah, this seems like it could be miserable to draft at an unfamiliar LGS. Too much stuff going on, people taking shit 2seriously, confusing judge calls, etc.

Conspiracy is a more marketable Unglued/Unhinged. I don't think I'd ever want to draft unhinged with randoms, especially with prizes on the line.

Lucario

Kill 23 judges, ez.

probably easier than, say, taking the judge test 23 times with different mentors under different names :V

I think the new lands will be given out in larger quantities than we're all thinking, though. Magic needs more judges, and these seem like a great way to incentivize new ones. I can see them becoming 'little rewards' for things like passing the judge test, judging at smaller events, full sets for judging at large events, etc.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's an investment for future Judge promos. Think about it, with 23 aliases you'd get playsets of every judge promo with stock to spare!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Full art lands are definitely due for a comeback. Perhaps they're going out in advance as judge foils, but we'll still see them in the fall set.

I know, I know.

Watching Utter-Leyton lose game one like that was brutal.

EDIT: Wizards really needs to embrace spectacle. Two guys sitting at a table surrounded by acres of empty space is so...anti-climatic. Have an audience watching the feed that you can cut to cheering and/or pouting, get live reactions, etc.

Top Bottom