• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the GAFering |OT2|

Karakand

Barftastic nu-art.

26dU6wh.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Luckily, if you just want the card, Mana Drain exists in its normal form on MTGO already.

f0rk

BTW, Pro Tour starts tommorrow.

Cheering for my friend who flew out today.
Interested in how block turns out as I'm going to the GP in the couple of weeks. I have B/W bestow built and can't really be bothered to put anything else together, might just play Modern side events instead.

rCIZZLE

Face burn R1 of a Daily for the 3rd straight time. This time I drew Witchbane Orb in both games 2 and 3 and completely smashed him. Thanks ultron87. Did have it in opening one hand in G2 so maybe you're right division. :p

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is that Jace? Because I figured Wizards would want Jace on the best blue spell.

Karakand

The old art didn't make much sense, but this is just... generic.

The fate of all countermagic art, either it doesn't make sense or it's just a mage having their spell countered / a mage countering a spell.

Morphling is a mythic rare. At least it still has the rk post art.

Angry Grimace

I'd buy that for limited reasons if it wasn't that literally every cool card other than Force is coming in at mythic.

A lot of them don't feel Mythic just because they weren't originally printed at that rarity, even if they're game-breaking in reality.

You were talking about Jace earlier.
Let's say he gets unbanned...
Do all new decks get created around him or does he just become a 4-of in any deck that uses islands?

Angry Grimace

None of the creatures in this set are Modern legal, so its going to be a lot of crap, because Vintage is about overpowered spells, not creatures.

Who knows if that means every banned Modern card is in the set though. I do expect at least Golgari Grave-Troll and Stoneforge Mystic.

None of the creatures in this set are Modern legal, so its going to be a lot of crap, because Vintage is about overpowered spells, not creatures.

Who knows if that means every banned Modern card is in the set though. I do expect at least Golgari Grave-Troll and Stoneforge Mystic.

There isn't a single piece of equipment that isn't modern legal other than Skullclamp. I don't think you'll see Mystic in the set.

Karakand

They said suicide aggro was one of their draft archetypes, I'm curious what classic Suicide Black cards will be in this. Dauthi Slayer is unfortunately Modern legal.

Maybe I'll be able to Hatred a Dauthi Horror. :Banderas:

Also, it's been confirmed that the Vintage Masters set has the standard number of commons and uncommons, but a higher number of rares and mythics than usual. So yes - any given mythic is going to be more rare than a given mythic of a traditional set.

kirblar

Also, it's been confirmed that the Vintage Masters set has the standard number of commons and uncommons, but a higher number of rares and mythics than usual. So yes - any given mythic is going to be more rare than a given mythic of a traditional set.
Which I don't have a problem with- they clearly needed to get a ton of cards out there and the restricted cards were going to really screw with things.

Which I don't have a problem with- they clearly needed to get a ton of cards out there and the restricted cards were going to really screw with things.

They were already cheating the rarity to a degree by putting the Power 9 into the foil slot.

I hope this set is online for longer than Modern Masters original run. This set needs to be available for a while. Every time I listen to SMIP they are getting more and more excited about what Vintage online could do for the community, and while I agree that it should take some work to acquire power, you also don't want the first six months of Vintage online to be a bunch of Dredge mirrors because it's the cheapest deck to put together.

Angry Grimace

They were already cheating the rarity to a degree by putting the Power 9 into the foil slot.

I hope this set is online for longer than Modern Masters original run. This set needs to be available for a while. Every time I listen to SMIP they are getting more and more excited about what Vintage online could do for the community, and while I agree that it should take some work to acquire power, you also don't want the first six months of Vintage online to be a bunch of Dredge mirrors because it's the cheapest deck to put together.

It won't be a couple weeks. Most of these cards don't exist on MODO.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";112195711]Nobody ever believes me when I say Pharika is the best of the JOU gods.[/QUOTE]

That's because she isn't. Keranos, on the other hand, is nuts. Atheros is going to rock post rotation. I can feel it.

Angry Grimace

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";112195711]Nobody ever believes me when I say Pharika is the best of the JOU gods.[/QUOTE]

That's not a tough contest. They're all bad.

Angry Grimace

Keranos is fine as a 1x in a control deck.

The designs on them made no sense. I hope we never come back to this plane.

The worst part about the Gods was knowing that a certain number of Mythics were going to be useless before the set even came out.

Top Bottom