• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the GAFering |OT2|

kirblar

All sounds way too good to be true.

On the other hand the way he lets the kid handle the binders in the Youtube videos.....
Fake cards, or he doesn't know the true value I'm guessing.
This is what made it real - no person who knew the value would let that baby anywhere near those binders.

All sounds way too good to be true.

On the other hand the way he lets the kid handle the binders in the Youtube videos.....
Fake cards, or he doesn't know the true value I'm guessing.

How could anyone know the value of magic cards if they have no idea what the game is? Think about how little baseball cards are worth from just that short period of time ago.

You wouldn't handle garbage pail kids from the 80s like they were gold.

Maybe this is the secret items of a "that guy" who would store all his stolen cards into a safe. Then left them at the house because he felt so bad about that action

That's definitely the same mat. The kid doesn't claim it was stolen though, but merely lost and possibly found.

y2dvd

Yeah, my buddy had carried his magic boxes in a sports bag. One night, he parked his car on a neighborhood street while hitting up a bar. His sports bag was easily seen through the car window and we found his car broken into afterwards and his sports bags full of magic cards stolen. He probably had over $500 of cards in those bags. I'm sure whomever stole it would not know the value of a bunch of cards are. I wept inside thinking they may have chunk all of that away in some dumpster. ;_;

Remember when I was asking about the Three Kingdoms Magic cards?

I may have just won a tourney at work and gotten a box of Legends that includes Cao Cao and Sun Quan.

So that's pretty rad.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Land doesn't win. What is it going to do? Make mana at us?

Image.ashx

BOOM.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
There are already piles of awesome lands, playable enchantments are incredibly rare. I voted enchantment.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's just going to be a bunch of alternate win condition gimmicks.

robox

land is my favourite type. always useful, so i'm always happy to have an abundance of good ones.

but enchantments, they've have gotten the short end of the stick for cards. like, artifacts are generally more interesting than they are.

Jarate

Banned
For Pax East goers

Like I said guys, look for the tall fatguy with a small mohawk. Im literally going to be one of the tallest people there

also, if you find a In the Court of the Crimson King playmat, then that's me too

are all you guys drinking age eligible, we should add alchohol to our sheanigans. Drunk magic is the best magic (Until someone spills a beer)

Okay so I made a new exalted deck with whatever I had because I pulled a Sublime Archangel which I'm excited about (I don't tend to buy cards outright so I'm building with whatever I get from packs and such)

Here's what I have, any suggestions for cards that are a waste of space or some things that would be better fits/strategies would be greatly appreciated (I'm not entirely sure I picked the best/most efficient removals)

Creatures:
Nefarox x1 (I have a second but don't have him in)
Knight of Infamy x4
Knight of Glory x2
Aven Squire x3
Tormented Soul x1 (I have a second in another deck, maybe I should put it in this one)
Sublime Archangel x1
Vampire Nighthawk x3
Duty Bound Dead x3

Spells:

Smite x4
Crippling Blight x4
Pacifism x3
Angelic Benediction x2 (I have a third I believe, but not in the deck)
Gift of Orzhova x1
Ultimate Price x2
Dead Weight x1
One Thousand Lashes x1

Planeswalkers:

Sorin, Lord of Innistrad x1

Lands:

Swamp x13
Plains x8
Orzhov Guildgate x3

I have a large chunk of RtR cards, some Gatecrash, a decent amount of 2013 and the Innistrad block in case you guys want to make some suggestions. (I ran out of oblivion rings which seem like they should just flat out be in every deck I make...)

Thanks!

Edit: Some cards I was looking at as well:

Blind Obedience x1
Shadow Alley Denizen x1
Arrest x2
Angelic Edict X2
Orzhov Keyrune x1
Aerial Maneuver x3
Lingering Souls x1
Terminus x1
Merciless Eviction x2
Illness in the Ranks x2
Cower in fear x2
Midnight Duelist x2

OnPoint

Nobody in Magic-GAF is in need of a PAX badge, are they? We have an extra that my friend is only looking for the $70 it cost him to buy initially. It's real, I swear. We just don't want it to go to waste.

An-Det

Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014 was just announced. Scg posted a new card from it that looks to be from the summer core set. On mobile right now else I'd post it.

OnPoint

Definitely intrigued by a 5/6 flyer for 5 with removal attached. That drawback though... Buried Alive reprint? That would be sweet

I guess it's Black's turn to get an aggressive 5-drop in similar vein of Baneslayer and Thundermaw, though of the three this seems the "tamest." I do think it has constructed playability, and ironically, plays well with Restoration Angel.

f0rk

Can someone host that on imgur, I'm at work and that image is blocked.

Shadowborn Demon
3BB
5/6
Flying
When Shadowborn Demon enters the battlefield destroy target non-demon creature.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have less than 6 creature cards in your graveyard, sac a creature.

I don't have an imgur, but here is what it does...

Shadowborn Demon
3BB (M)
Creature - Demon
Flying
When ~ enters the battlefield, destroy target non-Demon creature.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if there are fewer than six creatures in your graveyard, sacrifice a creature.
5/6

EDIT: Beaten by f0rk... :(

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Shadowborn Demon
3BB
5/6
Flying
When Shadowborn Demon enters the battlefield destroy target non-demon creature.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have less than 6 creature cards in your graveyard, sac a creature.

Hmm, intriguing.

f0rk

Solforge send me my Kickstarter promo code and it doesn't work. I'm feeling like I put money into a iPad product when I don't have an iOS device.

f0rk

Blizzard are making a card game. It looks bad.
The Solforge team are probably shitting themselves though

Actually might be too soon to call it bad, there are a few things WotC really should have done by now and it will be cheaper than MtGO. But don't really trust Blizzard to balance it well.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Blizzard are making a card game. It looks bad.
The Solforge team are probably shitting themselves though

Actually might be too soon to call it bad, there are a few things WotC really should have done by now and it will be cheaper than MtGO. But don't really trust Blizzard to balance it well.

It depends IMO entirely on if they recognize that the flexibility is what gives Magic strength and longevity. So many small card games I've tried and never really picked up, that never gained success, and I'm convinced a large part of it is because their rules and their card layout were so restrictive the game only had limited design space.

Zoibie

So I explained that Deathouch-Trample interaction that was posted earlier to a friend but he says that wouldn't happen because of the part in the rules that says "but not any abilities or effects that might change the amount of damage that's actually dealt..." Is that only to describe creatures being blocked by the source with Trample-Deathtouch?

So I explained that Deathouch-Trample interaction that was posted earlier to a friend but he says that wouldn't happen because of the part in the rules that says "but not any abilities or effects that might change the amount of damage that's actually dealt..." Is that only to describe creatures being blocked by the source with Trample-Deathtouch?

Trample only has to apply "lethal" damage. 1 point of damage from a creature with DT would be considered "lethal", hence all the remaining damage would indeed trample over.

Top Bottom