• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 |OT| Tapping All Day

eiskaltnz

I know I'm probably being really stupid, but why can't I find this game on the iOS store? Searching for Magic the Gathering or Duels of the Planeswalkers turns up nothing except the unofficial assistant apps.
It is just called Magic 2012, which is kind of weird.

I loves the previous 2 on PC and it's great to have it on iPad.

daevv

I know I'm probably being really stupid, but why can't I find this game on the iOS store? Searching for Magic the Gathering or Duels of the Planeswalkers turns up nothing except the unofficial assistant apps.

Search: Magic 2013. You won't see it on the iPhone app store only the iPad. I'm assuming your looking for it on the phone. ;)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'll probably use my free unlock key to unlock the Mill deck. Really don't enjoy playing that way.

Oh there's a free key to get all the cards? I actually don't mind spamming plays to unlock cards but that would be nice since it's annoying to do so much.

Hero

You get a free key unlock if you have the previous DotP game on the hard drive or something, I think.

Just downloaded my copy on PS3. Vampire Nocturnus like a boss!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay, I'm still having the problem in the Steam version where my main menu constantly scrolls left. I tried disconnecting my mouse and disconnecting my keybaord and navigating in those states and it persisted, so its not an input issue probably. Anyone experience anything similar?

jiggles

Banned
Primordial Hydra is fuckin' re-dic.

64Y9k.jpg

I almost wanted to test to see how high the engine could cope, but I figure it's likely capped at 65535 or something.

zulux21

Primordial Hydra is fuckin' re-dic.

http://i.imgur.com/64Y9k.jpg[IMG]

I [I]almost[/I] wanted to test to see how high the engine could cope, but I figure it's likely capped at 65535 or something.[/QUOTE]

it's capped at 9999 actually
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/T5SUK.jpg
I was so sad when I hit that limit lol

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So many OP as fuck Magic cards, that mana cost should be way higher.

Nah that card is easy peasy to deal with. I've tried rocking them in real magic and they just have a giant ass bullseye on them the second they hit the field.

matt360

This game is pretty awesome. I bought it on the iPad and I've never played any of the digital magic games. I used to be a huge addict back in the day, once when the game came out all the way up to fallen empires, and then again during all the urza stuff. I can totally feel that itch again. Hopefully this game is enough to scratch it because I really don't have the time to get back into the paper game.

Same here. Playing this really makes me miss all the old artwork and even the smell of the cards. I traded all of them in years and years ago in exchange for a ton of Spider-Man comics. I also hope the iOS version is enough to scratch my itch, as I really can't afford to get back into the physical card game.

But on that note, does anyone know a website where you can view all of the old cards by series in a streamlined manner? I checked out the WotC site and I thought it was kind of a mess.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Same here. Playing this really makes me miss all the old artwork and even the smell of the cards. I traded all of them in years and years ago in exchange for a ton of Spider-Man comics. I also hope the iOS version is enough to scratch my itch, as I really can't afford to get back into the physical card game.

But on that note, does anyone know a website where you can view all of the old cards by series in a streamlined manner? I checked out the WotC site and I thought it was kind of a mess.
Did you try Gatherer?
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Default.aspx
To check out an old set just go to Filter Card Set on the right and pick the set you want

ultron87

I really want the green bouncey creature deck to be good. But it doesn't feel like it is there with some of the other decks from what I've played with it so far.

Bright spot: Thragtusk is value town like woah.

coopolon

It is just called Magic 2012, which is kind of weird.

I loves the previous 2 on PC and it's great to have it on iPad.

Search: Magic 2013. You won't see it on the iPhone app store only the iPad. I'm assuming your looking for it on the phone. ;)

Ha, cheers, that was it. Amusingly enough, I thought about searching just magic but thought for sure that would give way too many results to be useful. Thanks guys!

Calidor

I love trolling on multiplayer with Jace's discarding deck.

Too bad that is not really effective, but it's so much fun winning without dealing a single hit

Alucrid

Banned
I hate how if I have an Emerald Medallion out then play an Indrik Stomphowler I have to sacrifice the medallion due to its ability. :|

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I hate how if I have an Emerald Medallion out then play an Indrik Stomphowler I have to sacrifice the medallion due to its ability. :|

Yeah, I thought you could cancel like most abilities but nope. :/

Did you play 2012? First time I played Karn his opening move was Sapphire Mox -> Sapphire Mox -> Tinker -> Darksteel Colossus
I have. I think he did that to me too. I just restart. No way to win at that point.

Would anyone use Krenko in a goblin legacy deck? Or the mana cost isn't worth it?

kage

Just to confirm: there is no way to sync my progress and whatever I unlocked on Steam to the iPad version?

Tizoc

Does the Red Medallion affect Creature spells? Like if a creature has a 1+1R ability, if the Red M. is on the field, will that ability be 1R only?

Does the Red Medallion affect Creature spells? Like if a creature has a 1+1R ability, if the Red M. is on the field, will that ability be 1R only?

No, since cast-able cards (cards with a mana cost) are only considered spells when in your hand. On the battlefield they are considered to be permanents.

I hope that isn't worded poorly.

Tizoc

No, since cast-able cards (non lands) are only considered spells when in your hand.

I see thanks for cleraing it up, well I'll try the red deck again only this time I won't use the Red Medallion and see if it'll crash on me again. If it does, I'll just continue playing with the other decks (I don't like Red =P)

Acidote

I haven't managed yet to beat the hydra encounter with the first green deck. It was a piece of cake with Jace's Deck, but can't do shit with Garruk's Deck. I wanted to beat them all with it :-/

I haven't managed yet to beat the hydra encounter with the first green deck. It was a piece of cake with Jace's Deck, but can't do shit with Garruk's Deck. I wanted to beat them all with it :-/
I don't know how you're gonna keep killing it, unless you have one of your biggest creature out and use prey upon it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Bizarre bug (that wasn't as much a bug as it was a WTF) that I hit last night.

I had 3R and Ruby Medallion was in play. I cast Searing Spear and took out a creature on my opponent and I went to play Pyre Charger with the intent of activating it's ability. For some reason, it cost 2R to put him in, even though Ruby Medallion was in play. Every other creature I cast during that game came in for 1R less, but for some reason, Pyre Charger didn't.

Not sure if I can reproduce it or not, but I'm definitely going to try to.

Question about the game - in paper Magic, I could activate the +1/+0 on Pyre Charger just before swinging (after blockers are declared), right? Can I do that here? I've tried to figure out how to, but I'm unable to do it.

J0dy77

So how is the iPad version?

I had the previous DoTP on 360 and the iPad version is identical to that. I'm getting the hang of the UI/Interface on the iPad and like it (it could have been done better but no real complaints).

I just hope the multiplayer community stays strong on the iPad, it was non existant on the 360. Definitely a great platform for the game.

Top Bottom