• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Oath o/t Gatewatch |OT| Look again, the mana is now diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrinck

Where can I find some french edh deck lists? Community here in my town is kinda competitive so I'd like to get some inspiration from tourneys.

He also says there's an article coming "soon" that will explain the deal with Duel Decks now. And presumably they have to say what their new intro product looks like.

G.ZZZ

I can't wait for that sweet delicious Ban Hammer to hit both the lands in the decks.

I mean, they're both probably getting banned in Modern considering Wizards uses sledgehammers rather then scapels, but that they've reached legacy in such power, despite "Legacy has better answers!" Being an answer Reddit spams has to be a giant warning flag, right?

???

Eldrazi aren't getting banned in Legacy ever. Chill bro. Deck is probably not even T1. On the other hand, it's overplayed for sure considered it's extremely cheap for a legacy deck.

bigkrev

I want to give SCG some shit for the venue they chose for their SCG Open in Philly this week. They are running a tiny room in a part of the convention center that is 2 blocks away from where every Magic Tournament I have attended at the center have been, and this room is so small there were very few open tables for trading/sitting down/casual, and it was very hard to browse vendors/artists because there was so little room between the last row of playing tables and the other stuff. I've been to PTQs in this building that were in larger rooms.

Those budget cuts to event coverage were more serious than we thought.

GP Houston stream is dead, Rich Hagon is literally typing play-by-play in twitch chat.

noquarter

???

Eldrazi aren't getting banned in Legacy ever. Chill bro. Deck is probably not even T1. On the other hand, it's overplayed for sure considered it's extremely cheap for a legacy deck.

The deck being able to perform well in Legacy is actually pretty good for the format, especially since it will be taking a hit in Modern. Might get some people to play in Legacy that bought in for Modern and get more Legacy players.

G.ZZZ

The deck being able to perform well in Legacy is actually pretty good for the format, especially since it will be taking a hit in Modern. Might get some people to play in Legacy that bought in for Modern and get more Legacy players.

For sure. It also naturally predate most blue heavy cantrip decks, which have been on the top of the meta basically forever and had little natural predators that didn't fold to combo (DnT). If Eldrazi stay around, we may have an actual new pillar of the format.

bigkrev

LOL, dude in the finals of this Bazzar of Moxen Modern tournament is just straight trolling. Opponent has the infinate damage loop on the table, and he painfully made his opponent go through step by step when he had no cards in hand, stopping him at each step to read cards, ect.

IN THE FINALS.

traveler

Not Wario
If you guys were going to buy a box of an older set both for a fun draft and in the hopes of semi-decent roi, what would you pick?

I loved Innistrad, but the boxes seem super pricey for what's basically a shot at LotVs and Snapcasters, with little else of major value in the set.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lol Marshall

Marshall: "Why does Avatar of the Resolute have 2 counters?"

Chat: "Because that's what it does, Marshall"

Marshall: "oh thanks chat"

noquarter

Personally, I'd probably go with MM13. Set was pretty fun to draft and there is the chance to make your money back. Boxes are a little more than INN, but think there is a better chance of making your money back on it than INN.

G.ZZZ

Eldrazi saving legacy from the blue flood.

As of now 4 different decks in this SGC T8 (land, UR delver, infect and eldrazi). Don't know what are the other 4 players. I guess at least another delver variant and another eldrazi list.

EDIT : 2 Colorless Eldrazi, Miracles, Four-Color Delver, UR Delver, Grixis Delver, Infect, and Lands.

GerryT Eldrazi list feel so undertuned to me tbh. Mox diamonds and Matter reshaper WutFace

But he's in the final so w/e

traveler

Not Wario
Personally, I'd probably go with MM13. Set was pretty fun to draft and there is the chance to make your money back. Boxes are a little more than INN, but think there is a better chance of making your money back on it than INN.

That seems like a good suggestion. We'll give it a shot. Thanks!

ironmang

Eldrazi menace in legacy making me reconsider playing Reanimator at that GP in June. Looking like Sneak and Show is the correct Griselbrand deck.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm gonna laugh when Goblin Guide shows up again as a Mythic in MM3.

OnPoint

Considering they obviously have no idea how to design decent red mythics, I would not be shocked to see GG at Mythic in MM3. Could also mean a Landfall theme with ZEN fetches as well, though, that would surprise me if they blew the reprint equity on the lands and not in another standard set. Probably not realistic, on second thought.

Considering they obviously have no idea how to design decent red mythics, I would not be shocked to see GG at Mythic in MM3.

Really? You really honestly, not in a cool hip cynicism to impress the kids who smoke way, think that for the first time ever they'll upgrade a post-Alara rare to mythic because they're too dumb to come up with two red mythics?

OnPoint

Really? You really honestly, not in a cool hip cynicism to impress the kids who smoke way, think that for the first time ever they'll upgrade a post-Alara rare to mythic because they're too dumb to come up with two red mythics?

I'm wasn't 100% serious when I wrote it, but to be fair, they've done a really poor job with mono-red mythics so far in the Modern Masters line. I mean, if you break it down...

MM2013: Kiki Jiki (good), Ryusei (bad)
MM2015: Comet Storm (lol), Kiki Jiki (good)

So 2/4 mono-red mythics in the two Modern Masters sets are good and they're printings of the same card. Yes, I know Kiki isn't post-Alara as you said, but when I really look at Modern-legal mono red cards that could be mythic that could also use reprintings, I'm not coming up with much.

Here's a list of already-mythic cards I guess they might consider: Bonfire of the Damned, Past in Flames, Thundermaw Hellkite, Urabrask the Hidden, Koth of the Hammer, Inferno Titan, Warren Instigator, any number of Chandras, Tibalt (lol), the boring INN and DKA dragons, Stormbreath Dragon (if Theros is included, which I don't think it will be)

Here's a loose list of things I suppose could use an upgrade to a slot that aren't mythic: Goblin Guide, Through the Breach, Akroma Angel of Fury, Reiterate, Pyromancer Ascension

When I look at the list of mythics, it's just not a very exciting list. Some cards are more likely than others, obviously. If they do the praetor cycle then Urabrask is obviously a lock. Thundermaw Hellkite is probably your best bet for a creature, and people do love their dragons, so that might be an easier pick. Also some of those cards might be claimed by Eternal Masters, shrinking the pool even further. All things considered it's a pretty meh list. I'm not saying they're "too dumb" to pick something else, which I think is unfair of you to insinuate. And please tell me what I've left off that would be an awesome inclusion -- maybe I'm overlooking something. I'm just saying what's available just isn't super exciting and maybe bumping up Goblin Guide solves the "red mythics aren't exciting" problem these sets seem to have. That said, I'd love if they left it at rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom