• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Oath o/t Gatewatch |OT| Look again, the mana is now diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultron87

If it wasn't clear already Nahiri is not messing around:

183427ogg4ofryhvf96v0o.jpg.thumb.jpg

There will be a new Liliana in Innistrad, right? Right?

Yep. (In the block, anyway.) So far we have three of the slots definitely spoken for: Jace in SOI, Liliana in EDM, and Arlinn Kord in one or the other. Given what we've seen so far it would be very, very surprising if another one isn't Nahiri, so that leaves one slot for either Sorin (if he shows up) or Tibalt/???.

OnPoint

OT title suggestions? First one's probably better for Eldritch Moon.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| It's only a paper moon
Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Sorin Doo, Where Are You?
Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Werewolves and angry exes
Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| This is blasphemy! This is...

Reference a song I like? Ok. Probably won't get picked but:

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Under a killing moon

Xis

Yep. (In the block, anyway.) So far we have three of the slots definitely spoken for: Jace in SOI, Liliana in EDM, and Arlinn Kord in one or the other. Given what we've seen so far it would be very, very surprising if another one isn't Nahiri, so that leaves one slot for either Sorin (if he shows up) or Tibalt/???.

Jace - Blue
Liliana - Black
Arlinn - Green / ?
Nahiri - White / Red?

All the colors seem to be covered, so the last slot could be anyone. Sorin makes the most sense, but not getting another Tibalt would be a bummer.

Spoiler season boys

EN_SOI_InteriorPage_uQZUoOFWjR.png
CctKZxYXIAAZpxA.png

they gonna make madness cards that draw cards? Card looks like a limited powerhouse.
Incorrigible Youths looks good, and I like the understated name and flavor text. Geralf's Masterpiece is an interesting design. I would say graveyard returning in blue is odd, but we already had Skaab Ruinator, which this appears to be a reference to.

If it wasn't clear already Nahiri is not messing around:

183427ogg4ofryhvf96v0o.jpg.thumb.jpg
I hope we get clean art for this before spoiler season. I'd like to use it in the OT OP. Also, I guess Sorin is on Innistrad after all.

This seems quite good, and having both returning to hand and graveyard recursion on death is interesting. Plus, direct reference to Endless Ranks of the Dead, even with the same artist, though I like the old enchantment art more.

EDIT: By the way, Incorrigible Youths was spoiled at GP Bologna.
Ccs1ybBWEAAJgwv.jpg

Markov Manor servants have to wear neck armor.

G.ZZZ

GerryT article shitting all over mox diamond in Legacy Eldrazi, as i foretelled. The card is just bad in a deck of all sol lands that want all the land drops it can. Spirit guides are just better moxens in that deck, or even just go more lands, but you lose a bit of anti-daze tech and ability to lay down an artifact T1.

In general sadly the deck is easily adapted to and i'm already losing 90% of my games online with people going for lands or delver lists with pyromancers, anglers and abrupt decays. I'll be happy if it manage to be a playable deck in the end and move out the metagame from decks with 34-1 drops in it (hello RUG delver kappa).

Oh, so this is what's going on with the card reveals
This weekend, Shadows over Innistrad has arrived at GP Melbourne, GP Detroit, and GP Bologna!

Unravel the madness with fellow Magic players at the GP and solve online puzzles to unlock more card previews throughout the weekend. Players at the GP will work together to reveal story and cards! While players at the GP solve the trials and mysteries of Stitcher Geralf’s Lab, Markov Manor and the Thraben Cathedral, follow the conversation with our live social media coverage.

You and Magic fans around the globe have the chance to uncover the clues and unlock more preview cards - if you don’t go mad first!
Cards are unlocked by solving Escape the Room puzzles
That ominous cube you see there at GP Melbourne is an Escape Room! Plenty of more surprises are inside. As well as at the other Escape Rooms.

Yeah. There are three.

OnPoint

Jace - Blue
Liliana - Black
Arlinn - Green / ?
Nahiri - White / Red?

All the colors seem to be covered, so the last slot could be anyone. Sorin makes the most sense, but not getting another Tibalt would be a bummer.

I will riot if it's not Tibalt.

kirblar

Assuming Arlinn is G/R, it won't be Tibalt.

Tamiyo being missing sounds like it might be a hook for the next block.

Pick up Sea Gate Wreckage now btw.

OnPoint

Assuming Arlinn is G/R, it won't be Tibalt.

Tamiyo being missing sounds like it might be a hook for the next block.

Pick up Sea Gate Wreckage now btw.

Kinda wondering if she's mono-G. They've lost their gruff and rough mono-green person with Garruk going BG, so maybe she fills that slot?

I suspect that Arlinn's human side will be green/white, if only because there isn't a planeswalker specifically for that color combination and Nahiri will almost certainly be red/white now. The werewolf side could be monogreen, though.

OnPoint

I suspect that Arlinn's human side will be green/white, if only because there isn't a planeswalker specifically for that color combination and Nahiri will almost certainly be red/white now. The werewolf side could be monogreen, though.

Ajani will probably be GW for the foreseeable future now that Gideon is the new mono-white poster child.

Yeef

I'd love to see something like this:

Baker Street Sleuth 2UU
Creature - Human Advisor
Whenever a creature dies, investigate.
Sacrifice a clue: Tap target creature.
2/4

Actually, yeah, let's go with Homicide for the black kill spell, and use my name for this:

Locked Room Mystery - W
Enchantment
Whenever you sacrifice a Clue, put a charge counter on Locked Room Mystery.
Remove two charge counters, sacrifice Locked Room Mystery: Exile target creature.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Dude, so stoked to be (maybe) able to play standard zombies again. Y'all can durdle your clues all you want, I'm going to feast on some brains. BRAAAAAAIIIIIIIIINSSSS

2015 was not a great year for Magic in terms of stuff I gave a crap about, but if they stick Eternal Masters and don't fuck up Innistrad, I may spent roughly...oh...I dunno...a gajillion dollars this year on Hasbro. MaRo may be able to afford like, 3 more plaid shirts.

Today's attempt to qualify:

A little harder to build today, mostly because there were so many cards I wanted. Had to streamline it for mana issues, but you can see along the top all the good cards I wanted. That said, playing Silent Skimmer over Sky Scourer could have been a mistake. Not being able to trigger my Skulker is a big deal.

OnPoint

No, because I never thought the new slivers looked like Phyrexians. I think you mean "remember when the green Eldrazi looked like Slivers?"

Some did look like Eldrazi, you are correct. Also, some of them looked Phyrexian.

Steelform Sliver & Groundshaker Sliver:

Sliver Construct & Striking Sliver:

Thorncaster Sliver & Sliver Token:

Sentinel Sliver:

And you highlighting the eldrazi connection further justifies my point. Some looked like eldrazi and nothing was made of that, so there ya go. Similar art styles don't always point toward clues. Here they might, but we've been excited about things like this before, is all I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom