• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Oath o/t Gatewatch |OT| Look again, the mana is now diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
MTGO is where you can say "FUCK THIS FUCKING GAME" and then start drinking a beer
KuGsj.gif
when you don't get any land

Also, who cares if you are qualified for the PT? You don't make fucking shit being qualified for the PT unless you're good enough to get a side gig out of it. It's hand-to-mouth living, really.

It seems the cards were found by sending emails to cathar@wizards.com and skaab@wizards.com, which you somehow find out to do from the activity page that was put up.

Both cards are neat. I wonder if other colors will have delirium cards that exile all cards with a chosen name, since we know blue has a leaked card with that effect.

Note how Bygone Bishop falls into MaRo's statement about how they've reevaluated how to handle card draw in white. It's also a sort of callback to Mentor of the Meek.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It seems the cards were found by sending emails to cathar@wizards.com and skaab@wizards.com, which you somehow find out to do from the activity page that was put up.

Both cards are neat. I wonder if other colors will have delirium cards that exile all cards with a chosen name, since we know blue has a leaked card with that effect.

The ways you participate in this thing are really obscure.

Santiako

Another one, no pic:

Abberant Researcher 3U
3/2 flyer
At the beginning of your upkeep, put the top card of your library into your graveyard, if it is an instant or sorcery, flip this card.
5/4 flyer on the other side.

Delver downgraded in constructed but upgraded for limited.

Angry Grimace

Yup, got in about 6 turns into playing that deck and dropped from the match and the league. Sealed league is dumb, just like all competitive sealed.

Angry Grimace

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";197530073]Competitive sealed is alright because if you win you get to draft in top 8 :p[/QUOTE]

You can also just draft to begin with which is like 10 times more fun and where you have at least some control over what cards are in your pool

Angry Grimace

I really wonder if WOTC noticed that every single processor is useless in OGW draft since you can no longer reliably draft a deck that can use processing, and if they did they just said "oh well fuck it there's a bunch of overcosted vanilla dudes in the last pack!"

I really wonder if WOTC noticed that every single processor is useless in OGW draft since you can no longer reliably draft a deck that can use processing, and if they did they just said "oh well fuck it there's a bunch of overcosted vanilla dudes in the last pack!"

Oblivions Strike and Iso Zone also work. It's actually not that difficult and if you pull it off it's much sweeter than it was in triple BFZ.

free discard outlet eh

Single time use only though.

Angry Grimace

Bygone Bishop basically goes right into CoCo right?

Investigate doesn't seem very good in constructed at first blush because its such a grindy form of cantripping. I would think a deck that cares about the permanent, e.g. Thopter Spy Network or something would be more interesting.

If there isn't a card that says "destroy target creature. That creature's controller investigates." then fuck this set.

Angry Grimace

Missed 4 picks in pack 1 due to network issues, but still won match 1 with Black/Green.

All that was left was big dudes, so I just drafted all the hedron crawlers and seer's lanterns and scion summoner's to try and ramp to them. Disappointed I didn't get any of the fight cards but did get 2 Tar Snare (meh) and an Oblivion Strike.

The ways you participate in this thing are really obscure.

There are three GPs this weekend. Each one has a puzzle room. Completing the puzzle room gets clues handed out to the attendees. Those clues combine with other clues @wizards_magic posts to tell you a word. You email <word>@wizards.com and they email you back a spoiler. Each GP has four cards to reveal over the weekend.

Angry Grimace

There are three GPs this weekend. Each one has a puzzle room. Completing the puzzle room gets clues handed out to the attendees. Those clues combine with other clues @wizards_magic posts to tell you a word. You email <word>@wizards.com and they email you back a spoiler. Each GP has four cards to reveal over the weekend.

how do we already have the cards for GPs that haven't occurred yet

bigkrev

Nice little thing from Owen's Tournament report

Quick anecdote: So many people were playing Hardened Scales that on Day 2, when I would ask if my opponent had dice and wanted to high roll for choice of play or draw, I knew that all the people who didn't have dice were not playing Scales.

Angry Grimace

I feel like opposing Rally players always have Reflector Mage in their hands, always have Reflector Mage in their graveyards, always have Reflector Mage in their top 6 and always topdeck Reflector Mage from empty hands against impending lethal attacks.

OT title suggestions? First one's probably better for Eldritch Moon.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| It's only a paper moon
Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Sorin Doo, Where Are You?
Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Werewolves and angry exes
Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| This is blasphemy! This is...

Angry Grimace

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows Over Innistrad |OT| Mystery at Markov Manor

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows Over Innistrad |OT| Jace; in the Hall; with a Bone Saw

ironmang

Man, feeling a lot better about this format going into Team Sealed next weekend. Obviously we could open garbage and get crushed but with an average pool I think we should be able to 6-3 at least.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
OT title suggestions? First one's probably better for Eldritch Moon.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| It's only a paper moon
Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Sorin Doo, Where Are You?
Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Werewolves and angry exes
Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| This is blasphemy! This is...

Magic: tG - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| And now to see who this moon really is!

*everyone collectively gasps*
EMRAKUL?!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Would you do it for a Sorin snack?

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Jace and crew on Zombie Island

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| What does Cyclopean mean?

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Jace vs Evil Dead

G.ZZZ

The discard spell really needed to cost like 2 and be a duress effect, 3 make it really slow on the draw Vs combo even if it exile, especially considering the blue variant is a playable spell without delirium and not fucking coercion

ironmang

LOL my opponent in the last round just conceded the match after getting mana screwed in the first game. Was about to go to sleep but figured I'd just finish this round off and good thing I did. 4-1d with a pretty mediocre pool.

Ashodin

Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing
Shadows over Innistrad |OT| There's nothing to fear but madness itself
Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues
Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Scorned
Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Where Have All The Good Angels Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom