• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Oath o/t Gatewatch |OT| Look again, the mana is now diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

noquarter

I am not certain it is actually possible outside of your opponent hitting you with Witness the End or some kind of shenanigans where you cast Scour from Existence on your own Hedron Alignment.

You might be right, but the would be a great play in limited, especially if you had two on board. End of turn, Scour my Hedron Archive. Untap, Upkeep reveal my hand and win.

My pool for the 1030 PPTQ:

nayameu05.png

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";197460989]My pool for the 1030 PPTQ:[/QUOTE]

Too bad you can't make use of the Vestige. I really like that card but I think it's right to leave it behind :)

Lee N

Membre
Speaking of a no banlist modern tournament (as mentioned a couple of pages back in this thread), the poster for the no banlist modern tournament at Mox Boarding House in Seattle (I think) is pretty awesome.

RMF1qeQ.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You should have asked Cortana what to put in your deck

3-0'd my draft today in paper. Started the draft black and blue, then when those dried up and white also went nowhere, I picked a late Oath of Nissa and switched to BG. Pack 2 I open Kozilek's return and rare draft it but then get passed in succession, Mina and Denn, Eodrazi Obligator the land bounce 5 damage, boulder salvo and oath of chandra so I was heavily in red green.

In BFZ i then got the RG landfall uncommon a rolling thunder and twice the 4/4 landfall baloth.

It was fairly easy to 3-0 despite not having a single flyer. I had a white and a black splash available initially was trending towards white because of the manland but black had oblivion strike.

One game I stabilized at 1 life, after getting hit by iso zone twice and facing a Felidar Sovereign, Nettle Drone did some work.

Got my umpteenth TKS in the prizepacks, now I almost have a playset of both TKS, despite already having sold 3 of them, and Kozilek's return + 2 Kozilek's and 1 Worldbreaker. How much is that standard ramp deck to build?

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";197465498]Just sent me to a bing search :-(

How rude.[/QUOTE]

You can change the search engine it uses.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Whining about your draws when you are playing a deck with Siege Rhino and Goblin Dark-Dwellers in it at the same time is fucking asinine. Just saying.

I don't think it's actually possible to have a closer game 3 than this:

Unfortunately, Press into Service on my flier won it for my opponent with <4 minutes and 4 cards in library for both players. I used Grip on a big creature + his only white source only on, which stranded both his hand and the Sea Gate Wreckage for a long time. I don't think killing the Wreckage was right, even if he eventually drew 3 extra cards which got him to the Press. I dunno. I probably would have just died without the extra time to find answers to his one flier.

Angry Grimace

*shrug*

If you have a clue what to build with this, you're doing better than I am. There's not a lot of payoff for any particular strategy as far as I can tell.

Angry Grimace

I'm going to be highly annoyed if whatever is behind that counter isn't cards. Boxes of silverware don't exactly hype me for anything in particular.

Angry Grimace

well white's a given with iso zone and stasis snare but the rest looks fairly booty. Red probably gives you the best curve and most allies but not much else.

The problem I was finding is that the only payoff for allies is Hero of Goma Fada. Sylvan Advocate is a decent combo with Hissing Quagmire, but going three colors sounds suspect given the lack of good creatures in any of those colors.

What I actually did: close the window and stop playing Magic for now :lol

Yeah it's just you managed to not get a single removal in both red and black which is considering the format almost impressive.
Even your white that has removal is as anti synergistic as possible.
Sylvan advocate is great but heck even your green kinda sucks. Best chance I see for the deck is RW curve out.

Given all that you made the correct choice.

Yo, that time counter was all BS :(

It loaded but then showed a 0 0 0 0 timer for me

Angry Grimace

Congrats: it was nothing.

http://magic.wizards.com/innistradmap?=ce

Seems like a little game, but again, nobody cares about this if there aren't cards. Basically they're very slowly revealing cards, and the countdown revealed nothing other than Brain in a Jar.

Angry Grimace

It's not a matter of someone spoiling Brain in a Jar early, it's that its really stupid marketing to have a big countdown that leads to [strikeout]Gabbo[/strikeout] a bulk rare.

It's fine if you don't want to reveal a good card, just don't put the countdown there. Mysterious countdowns come with expectations that aren't being met when it leads to something people will actively dislike; you're showing off a card people will be actually pissed off to open as your big kickoff spoiler card.

Angry Grimace

Fire the PR guy, I can only assume it's literally just one guy.

http://media.wizards.com/2016/campaigns/magic/soi/33bce7a28c634af981698be36a69e216/mnr_8ef7.mp4

someone found this though

I think it takes more than one guy to create a site that's basically the very first Harry Potter website circa 2001. The worst part is that this could have been cool if there was a little game or something people could solve to get the cards instead of it just being another timed thing where cards of questionable value poop out every day or whatever. Which ends up meaning nobody will bother to look at it and we'll just wait for some guy from Reddit to check it every hour and report when a card shows up.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Eh, it's cute. That kind of stuff isn't ever going to be for us folks who talk in-depth about meta shifts and eternal-necessary reprints. It's for people who started after Innistrad who want to know what the hype is about.

And that hype, clearly, is about crappy bulk rares. :p

Angry Grimace

Eh, it's cute. That kind of stuff isn't ever going to be for us folks who talk in-depth about meta shifts and eternal-necessary reprints. It's for people who started after Innistrad who want to know what the hype is about.

And that hype, clearly, is about crappy bulk rares. :p

lol I'm not saying it had to be a constructed all-star, but it probably wouldn't have killed them to reveal something that was at least good in limited and not a goofball build around for some guy's casual 5 card combowombo.

Angry Grimace

hahahahaha holy shit it's literally going to be every card we've already got leaked, isn't it hahahahahaha

Today's big spoiler:

BIG SCARY DEMON GUY: MINDWRACK DEMON OMG

The card probably isn't even good in commander.

Hence why I didn't even say commander, its johnny's casual jar. This is kind of a thing that happens when you design a block from the top down - you get flavor stuff that doesn't have a legitimate practical application like Jar of Eyeballs or Pyxis of Pandemonium.

WanderingWind

lol I'm not saying it had to be a constructed all-star, but it probably wouldn't have killed them to reveal something that was at least good in limited and not a goofball build around for some guy's casual 5 card combowombo.

Casuals buy packs. Old jaded players bitch about the game and then buy singles off eBay. And then buy packs and pretend they don't. &#128517;

Lucario

Just had a pro player completely flip out at me on MTGO, lol. I can't imagine playing the game that much and still getting assmad at variance.

I've thrown enough couch cushions across the room because of the results of freakin 8-4s to know that I don't have the constitution for "pro" Magic :lol

ironmang

My 5-0 deck. :p

Eldrazi Displacer was totally broken and worth the greedy manabase.

Played one before this to 3-2 but not seeing it saved on the client. This deck was obviously better though with cards that do a hell of a lot more than Bane and even Reality Smasher.

WanderingWind

I've thrown enough couch cushions across the room because of the results of freakin 8-4s to know that I don't have the constitution for "pro" Magic :lol

Lol. I do the blank stare and mutter strings of curses. On MTGO. IRL, I manage a GG every time. Except for when I kitchen table with the wife for who has to do dishes and she just randomly Spreading Seas MY GODDAMN COLONADE FUCK

Hence why I didn't even say commander, its johnny's casual jar. This is kind of a thing that happens when you design a block from the top down - you get flavor stuff that doesn't have a legitimate practical application like Jar of Eyeballs or Pyxis of Pandemonium.

It's not the design style's fault. Brain in a Jar could easily be tweaked towards being more practical if they wanted to.

Pyxis sees fringe Modern and Commander play :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom