• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Oath o/t Gatewatch |OT| Look again, the mana is now diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son1x

Man, I like the old Slivers a lot more than the news ones. Speaking of, I recently made a modern sliver deck and had a blast playing it.

I really am glad that they decided to go more for the old sliver look in M15, even if we still got humanoids. It may be easier to come up with designs that are distinct from each other, but you'd never identify an old sliver as anything but a sliver. Besides the really weird looking ones.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I am one of the best OT title makers in the game
Yeah but you cheated to beat the character limit. You can't cut "Magic: the Gathering" or "Shadows Over Innistrad" from the thread title.

As for Relentless Dead, that's a card that could see play, but maybe it's the new Dragon Whisperer. I like the design, I'm just skeptical zombie trial will really be good given how previous tribal strategies have worked in recent years.

So, can I ask a question? What happens to the price of Eye of Ugin if Temple is banned but Eye isn't?

I really don't know what to do with my Eyes of Ugin, but I would like to get some monetary value out of them if I can.

Also, some of them looked Phyrexian.

Eh. It's really mostly the robot ones (and it is hard to make robots not look Phyrexian if they're weird at all, for sure.) I don't think the resemblance is that strong for the predalien ones.

And I was talking about the green eldrazi looking like real slivers, not like this garbage:

164.jpg

Man, I like the old Slivers a lot more than the news ones.

So does everyone. From the way their public stance on it shifted (especially after the first godbook study) I would wager it's the single most negative response they've gotten to a visual design element in years.

Yeef

New card from one of the escape rooms:

Shard Glass (1)
Artifact-Equipment
Equip-1
Equipped creature gets +1/+0, when it attacks you may put the top 2 cards of you library into your graveyard.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Once again, equipment on Innistrad are just random items people have around
KuGsj.gif

Disappointed nobody else laughed at "Magic: the Gathering - Shadows Over Innistrad |OT| Jace; in the Hall; with a Bone Saw"

OnPoint

Eh. It's really mostly the robot ones (and it is hard to make robots not look Phyrexian if they're weird at all, for sure.) I don't think the resemblance is that strong for the predalien ones.

Really? These all come from deep across phyrexian lore (as I'm sure you know) and all have that predalien-ish look to me, and I'm not even posting Elesh Norn:

I guess if you don't see it, you don't see it. But it's as clear as day to me.

I don't think it is, 2/2 for 2 isn't good enough, even with the insane value attrition rate/.

It is also semi-evasive. I'm not expecting it to be a part of a tier 1 deck or anything, but I think the value is there for it to be a standout card in a mono-black devotion list. Gravecrawler, this, and Geralf's Messenger are crying out to be played together.

Wow, you can lose the game by clicking on your kozilek's translator when you're at one life. No popup, nothing. I thought it was my block step.

I should have won that game. This is bullshit. Shit like this is why I hate MODO so much.

|OT| Shadows over Innsmouthstrad seems like a pretty straightforward thread title to me.

I'm playing an Abzan Superfriends deck tonight at FNM. Total brew. I can get a deck list and let you all know how it went later, if it's wanted.

Angry Grimace

The threat title needs to contain the phrase

"Magic: the Gathering - Shadows Over Innistrad"

Let's just see what we have so far:

Board games
Magic: the Gathering - Shadows Over Innistrad |OT| Mystery at Markov Manor
Magic: the Gathering - Shadows Over Innistrad |OT| Jace; in the Hall; with a Bone Saw

Scooby Doo
Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Sorin Doo, Where Are You?
Magic: tG - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| And now to see who this moon really is!
Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Would you do it for a Sorin snack?
Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Jace and crew on Zombie Island

Other references
Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| It's only a paper moon [saving for Eldritch Moon]
Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| This is blasphemy! This is...
Jacewatch in the Woods
Nahir, Nafar, Nawhereever you are
Nahiri's feeling Sorin a few places
Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Oh uh, Mr. Markov, just one more thing
Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Jace vs Evil Dead
|OT| Magical Mystery Tour
|OT| Transformers; Dark of the Moon
|OT| It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Plane
|OT| Fear, Surprise and Ruthless Efficiency
|OT| Critical Thinking is the Key to Success
|OT| Grave Consequences
|OT| Emrakul is Just a Red Herring
|OT| Searching for an Interview with a Vampire
Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing
Shadows over Innistrad |OT| There's nothing to fear but madness itself
Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues
Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Scorned
Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Where Have All The Good Angels Gone?
Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Under a killing moon
|OT| Shadows over Innsmouthstrad

Other
Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Werewolves and angry exes
Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| What does Cyclopean mean?

Of course, there's no need to actually settle on a title until I make the topic.

Toxi

Banned
Love the art nod to Endless Ranks of the Dead.

I'm getting the feeling I'm really gonna like Shadows Over Innistrad.

Some did look like Eldrazi, you are correct. Also, some of them looked Phyrexian.

Steelform Sliver & Groundshaker Sliver:

Sliver Construct & Striking Sliver:

Thorncaster Sliver & Sliver Token:

Sentinel Sliver:

And you highlighting the eldrazi connection further justifies my point. Some looked like eldrazi and nothing was made of that, so there ya go. Similar art styles don't always point toward clues. Here they might, but we've been excited about things like this before, is all I'm saying.
God the Sliver redesign sucked.

Like I don't mind new things, but when you take the most iconic and popular creature type unique to Magic and redesign it to look nothing like the original, you fucked up.

ironmang

How do people manage to have 2 color decks in sealed? Seems like I always need at least 3 colors to have enough removal and cards that can actually win games.

Angry Grimace

I'm guessing the walkers in the block are Nahiri, Sorin, Liliana, Jace, Arlene.

I would be surprised to see anyone else, really. Sad about Tibbles, but once they introduced Arlene I wasn't sure where he'd fit.

I'm guessing the walkers in the block are Nahiri, Sorin, Liliana, Jace, Arlene.

I would be surprised to see anyone else, really.

Basically the main way I could see it varying is if they don't include Sorin on the "planeswalkers can be in the story without being in the block" principle. He's not the face of either set, it seems like he might have a smaller role than some of the others, and he did just have a card (that probably isn't much different from what he'd have here) in Khans. If they went with that, they could squeeze in Tibalt instead.

EDIT:

CcwYGJvUkAA9gUd.jpg:orig

Why do two of these vampires have three eyes? Is that a tentacle on the cheek of the one in the lower left?

Angry Grimace

I'm pretty sure Nahiri intentionally lured Emrakul there because she's mad at Sorin.

OnPoint

The amount I hope it's not Emrakul, despite being a huge Emrakul fan, is massive just because it feels so boring and predictable.

But let's be real -- it's Emrakul.

Under Bolas' control? Muhahaha... a guy can dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom