• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Oath o/t Gatewatch |OT| Look again, the mana is now diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Trostani EDH Deck I've been working on for a year, but a lot of the cards I want to use are either in my Ezuri 2.0(I added a few better cards to the deck+ the stuff like Ezuri's Predation), my Modern CoCo Hatebears(VoR, Thalia, Smiter, the landbase,etc) or I need to pick up(Horizon Canopy, Savannah)

Edit:

How the hell is Horizon Canopy nearly as expensive then a NM Savannah from Revised? I mean, I get that Savannah isn't legal in as many formats, but Canopy is just so expensive. I mean, I knew Canopy was Pricey(I don't have any in Hatebears because screw paying $300 for a set of cards), but geeze it needs a reprint.

traveler

Not Wario
Sorin 2WB

+1 Put 0/3 colorless Vampire artifact creature token with defender into play.
-2 You gain an emblem that says "At the beginning of your upkeep, target opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life"
-6 Sacrifice X permanents, pay X life: Exile X permanents.

Santiako

Edit:

How the hell is Horizon Canopy nearly as expensive then a NM Savannah from Revised? I mean, I get that Savannah isn't legal in as many formats, but Canopy is just so expensive. I mean, I knew Canopy was Pricey(I don't have any in Hatebears because screw paying $300 for a set of cards), but geeze it needs a reprint.

If it's on Eternal Masters as rare it should bring the price down quite a bit.

bigkrev

I have a Trostani EDH Deck I've been working on for a year, but a lot of the cards I want to use are either in my Ezuri 2.0(I added a few better cards to the deck+ the stuff like Ezuri's Predation), my Modern CoCo Hatebears(VoR, Thalia, Smiter, the landbase,etc) or I need to pick up(Horizon Canopy, Savannah)

Edit:

Future Sight was a super unpopular set.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";197909117]So you did wind up using my build as a base then? Figure out any cool tech?[/QUOTE]

All of my Commander decks are "cardsIown.dec"

JulianImp

A lesser-known card that I'm kind of fond of is Ravnica: City of Guilds' Moonlight Bargain, and I wonder if it'd actually be a decent reprint for Innistrad. It'd work rather well with delirium, and the name could be used as either a generic black-market transaction or an actual eldritch bargain with the moon-ified Emrakul.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
man anyone got some spoilers

c'mon man i need my fix

just this once c'moooon

Ashodin

A lesser-known card that I'm kind of fond of is Ravnica: City of Guilds' Moonlight Bargain, and I wonder if it'd actually be a decent reprint for Innistrad. It'd work rather well with delirium, and the name could be used as either a generic black-market transaction or an actual eldritch bargain with the moon-ified Emrakul.

I mean it has Moon right in the name

Angry Grimace

They usually do spoil one big flashy thing before spoiler season, but I guess it was Archangel Avacyn this time.

Ashodin

Archangel Avacyn was huge

Especially the way it was revealed on this thread - I didn't expect a flip Avacyn, just a straight WR or WB or whatever. So when I saw the Avacyn card I was like

hm

wait

the fuck is this

SHE FLIPS!?

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Angry Grimace

I don't see what's so great she only has 5 abilities

traveler

Not Wario
Another neat interaction- Avacyn is a buybackable one sided anger of the gods with sidisi's faithful. Granted, not sure what deck would want to play them both AND have a crew of attackers waiting in the wings to alpha strike, but it's a neat interaction nonetheless.

Edit: Then again, maybe it's just nice as part of a control shell. Sidisi's Faithful can make Ojutai's Command even more of a Cryptic Command, is a decent blocker in its own right, and decks that want to hold up 4 mana for Ojutai's can also fully leverage Avacyn's flash.

red13th

My last order from Coolstuffinc ended up in the UNITED KINGDOM (I live in Brazil). lol
Closer than last the time they shipped it wrong and sent it to Australia I suppose.
My Dack Fayden :/

Angry Grimace

It might see play once :Insert Strong White Card: Rotates.

Oh Reddit, the Kings of misunderstanding how good a card can be.

IDK I just read some dude say that Avacyn sucks in every single kind of possible deck because none of her abilities are reasonably helpful and her stats are terrible.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
CVU3VICUsAAYERT.jpg

i have actually been laughing for 5 minutes straight

It's surprisingly easy to train up the neural network to make these yourself, btw. I ran a batch recently and there were a few amusing ones in there:

Code:
Sigil Of Squirt {7} (Rare)
Creature ~ Nightstalker (2/2)
Trample
Other creatures you control with flying get -1/-2.

Bog Wolfer {4}{B} (Common)
Creature ~ Spirit (3/3)
{0}: Bog Wolfer gets -1/-1 until end of turn.

Soul Echils {5}{U} (Common)
Enchantment ~ Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+2 as long as it's a creature.
Enchanted creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.

Keeper Of The Woods {4}{G}{G}{G} (Rare)
Legendary Creature ~ Human Soldier (5/5)
Horsemanspipacy
Whenever Keeper Of The Woods attacks or blocks, put a 1/1 red warrior creature token onto the battlefield.

As well as some that are just kind of plausible:

Code:
Season Skyward {4}{U} (Uncommon)
Creature ~ Horror (4/4)
Other blue creatures get +1/+1.
Other soldier creatures get +1/+1.
Creatures you control have flying.

Scroll Of The Elemental {4} (Rare)
Artifact
If a source would deal damage to you, prevent 1 of that damage.

Thunder Slasher {2}{R} (Uncommon)
Creature ~ Dragon (6/6)
Flying
Trample
Whenever Thunder Slasher deals combat damage to a player, destroy it.

Terror Squade {4}{R} (Rare)
Enchantment ~ Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has "{T}: this creature deals 1 damage to target creature or player."

And some that are just wildly undercosted:

Code:
Flamekin {1}{R} (Uncommon)
Sorcery
Flamekin deals 10 damage to each opponent.

Sorrow'S Peace {2}{U}{U} (Rare)
Creature ~ Djinn (5/5)
First strike
Vigilance
Trample
Lifelink
Protection from black and from red
Whenever Sorrow'S Peace deals combat damage to a player, draw a card.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i dunno, did you feed it information about oath of the gatewatch? i think sorrow'S peace is supposed to be an eldrazi for 2 <> <>, then it would be a medium-to-good creature in that set

i dunno, did you feed it information about oath of the gatewatch? i think sorrow'S peace is supposed to be an eldrazi for 2 <> <>, then it would be a medium-to-good creature in that set

I think I trained this up on the corpus of all cards up to BFZ so maybe this is just a reasonable simulation of their actual design process

Another one that I found amusing mostly for the name:

Code:
Feral Feet {W} (Common)
Sorcery
Target creature gains protection from the chosen color until end of turn.

And for an amusing lack of a referent:

Code:
Temporar Catacombs {4}{B} (Rare)
Sorcery
Rebound
After the first time you control, and amount of life you don't control.

When Sorin's art is good, it's soooo good.

It is the superior Judge Vindicate.

pigeon

Banned
Bog Wolfer {4}{B} (Common)
Creature ~ Spirit (3/3)
{0}: Bog Wolfer gets -1/-1 until end of turn.

This card looks way too plausible. If it were 2B I would totally believe it had already been printed. In Kamigawa or something.

Soul Echils {5}{U} (Common)
Enchantment ~ Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+2 as long as it's a creature.
Enchanted creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.

...presumably because of its existential crisis.

Thunder Slasher {2}{R} (Uncommon)
Creature ~ Dragon (6/6)
Flying
Trample
Whenever Thunder Slasher deals combat damage to a player, destroy it.

They should actually print this.

If I got an invitational card, it'd be a reassembling skeleton variant and the name would definitely be Necrotizing Narcoleptic.

BB
Necrotizing Narcoleptic can be cast from your graveyard.
Necrotizing Narcoleptic doesn't untap during your untap step.
Whenever a zombie enters the battlefield under your control, untap Necrotizing Narcoleptic.
3/1

"Ever die during a dream?"

They should actually print this.

What I've discovered is that using the optimized corpus and training over a long period of time, it's actually pretty easy to get a network that's too good at making vaguely plausible cards to actually make that many hilariously dumb ones. I think they could use this as a seed for ideas in an actual set design and probably come away with a few actually printable cards.

Angry Grimace

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";197943013]If I got an invitational card, it'd be a reassembling skeleton variant and the name would definitely be Necrotizing Narcoleptic.

BB
Necrotizing Narcoleptic can be cast from your graveyard.
Necrotizing Narcoleptic doesn't untap during your untap step.
Whenever a zombie enters the battlefield under your control, untap Necrotizing Narcoleptic.
3/1

"Ever die during a dream?"[/QUOTE]
It would probably get "can't block" slapped onto it and also get changed to a 2/2.

I'm looking to sell most of my cards. So far I picked out over 260 uncommon and 140 Rares to sell first ranging from vintage to modern. Where would be a good place to sell online? I know alot of local shops will rip you off.

MjFrancis

I'm looking to sell most of my cards. So far I picked out over 260 uncommon and 140 Rares to sell first ranging from vintage to modern. Where would be a good place to sell online? I know alot of local shops will rip you off.
My take - singles or playsets over $5 go on eBay, bulk rares get turned in to a local game store for store credit, and bulk commons and uncommons get sold in lots on Craigslist for $10/1,000 cards.

Some local shops will rip you off, but the fact is you are selling them cards for instant no hassle cash - cards that they will have to turn around and sell themselves. Most bulk rares sit and gather dust while expensive cards are flipped to get as much profit out of them as possible. They still have rent, utilities, employees, eBay or TCG fees and taxes to pay. As long as they aren't offering you next to nothing for a fetchland or something else that is valuable - or you aren't expecting close to retail for something that is going to be sold at retail, trading cards in at a local game store isn't always a bad move.

Looks like we're getting another Sigarda card at some point (she's the only one left protecting the Humans.)

There's art of all three in the article, even, so I'd guess we'll be getting corrupted Bruna and Gisela as well.

Also: interesting story detail about how there was a fourth (white-black) angel in the group who Avacyn destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom