• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Oath o/t Gatewatch |OT| Look again, the mana is now diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";191981861]Right now I'm on 4 World Breaker, 2 Ulamog, 1 Kozilek as my big Eldrazi. World Breaker just comes down so fast.[/QUOTE]
I think this is the right ratio.

I think this is the right ratio.

Yeah, Ulamog has some utility casting the second one to shut people out of the game, but you don't get a whole lot out of the second Kozilek. Especially if you're drawing into Hangarbacks and Ugins.

The real question is how much ramp and how many threats to play. World Breaker is almost comically easy to get down on turn 5.

ultron87

Biggest take away from that set review that I hadn't considered was that all the support stuff is way better in Two Headed Giant, since you're way more likely to have friendly creatures to put counters on. Obvious once I read it but hadn't really thought about how 2HG changes my evaluations of stuff.

Haven't played 2HG in forever so I'm pretty excited that the Friday Midnight event I'm going to is that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I feel like he is vastly underrating Wall of Resurgence. That card looks nuts.

His point is that it turns a removal spell into Stone Rain, which isn't entirely wrong. I only think he's underrating it by like half a point.

I'm comically committed to doing prereleases this weekend: 3 of 'em!

Crocodile

CYi1xy0WwAA72zY.png

Slowly but surely the computer is making actually playable cards

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";192007802]Man, HedronAlignment.dec is NOT good against World Breaker lol[/QUOTE]

Doesn't Hedron Alignment have Hexproof?

Ashodin

Cool cool.

Laying in bed last night, I came up with the idea that UG/w allies are a potential thing now.

Munda's Vanguard is stupid powerful if you can use it twice in one turn (cough cough Kiora).

Got a new card here, tutors up an Equip only if you have none.

tumblr_o0v1yw5xqc1v2vwxho1_400.png
tumblr_o0v41uafhw1v2vwxho1_400.png

And then there's a simple card that matches up P/T for balance help.

Haines

Banned
Im going to my first prerelease saturday and considering going to a second on sunday with a buddy as well now. I dont even know why. There will be tons of sealed and draft after,

y2dvd

I wish I played online Magic because I'd love to test out my decklist vs yalls. I still think WB will be a dud or at least SB material vs Dragons but that's about it. Guess we'll see how results will look like soon enough.

I do now agree that Warping Wail is a 4-of now. Exiles a bunch of the creatures in your worst matchup, RG aggro. Let's see what it gets:
Abbott
Lightning Berserker
Swiftspear
Makindi Sliderunner
Scythe Leopard

That's most of their creatures! And it can counter Dragon's fodder or Hordeling Outburst. Gonna replaces the Oath's of Nissa for them.

I agree with the sentiments for Kozilek. Said it when it was first spoiled. Often you find yourself low on cards late game. Getting able to refuel your hand upon cast is amazing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Im going to my first prerelease saturday and considering going to a second on sunday with a buddy as well now. I dont even know why. There will be tons of sealed and draft after,

Because prerelease is fun?

kirblar

Does Boom/Bust interact with Goblin Dark-Dwellers like Cascade/BBE did?

edit: I am being told it does.

BUY A SET OF BOOM BUST NOW.

kirblar

Trick confirms they're actively cracking down on proxy tournaments- https://np.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/40kdsz/wizards_may_be_cracking_down_on_unsanctioned/cyvzi9d

This is such a horribly bad idea on so many levels.

edit: saving cause it might be deleted-
Hey folks, I checked into this and here’s what I can tell you:

First is an important clarification: Proxy cards are substitute cards created solely by judges in sanctioned tournaments. These substitutes are allowed when authorized game cards become unplayable during a sanctioned tournament because of damage or excessive wear. Unauthorized reproductions of our game are a type of counterfeit, and we want business partners to help us in discouraging counterfeit Magic.

I know that feels crazy, that we regard marker on a card as a counterfeit, but remove the visual accuracy from the judgment – they serve identical purposes when it comes to game play.

Counterfeit cards are prohibited in sanctioned events, sounds like most people are on board with that. And based on Wizards’ Code of Conduct, we have started to ask stores not to organize unsanctioned events with counterfeit cards. And to be clear, no one we’ve communicated with recently has been suspended or punished as far as I know. We’ve talked to some stores on the difference between counterfeit and proxy cards, and are asking WPN to stores to work with us in protecting our intellectual property.

Wizards wants partners in the WPN to make sure stores are welcoming environments, not use our characters in offensive images, and any number of actions that protect Magic experiences. We don’t condone counterfeit cards, and we expect stores to respect that. WPN stores are our partners and we expect them to help us protect our intellectual property.

We know players love Magic and love playing its variety of formats, including Vintage and Legacy. Some formats are easier to get into than others and these two are hard.
Add some faithless lootings and you got a stew going.
Just add Blood Moon and a Zoo shell w/ Hierarchs/Birds

Okay yeah if this is an active new effort by WotC then it is hella dumb.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt after the leaks article but at this point I'm like shut it down, don't let this person talk about anything controversial with your brand ever again.

Ashodin

Okay the crackdown looks like a terrible attempt at policing stores to protect "brand". This will backfire (as it ALWAYS DOES) because "Hey Wizards, your corporation is showing".

The "counterfeit" thing is a pretty ridiculous newspeak attempt to redefine what words mean, because the words people use today aren't negative enough for their purposes. Mentioning Legacy and Vintage by name without admitting that WotC would rather they stop being playable entirely is just obnoxious.

Haines

Banned
Its not hard to see why they dont want this stuff going on in stores.

Stores are meant to sell new cards. Thats how they make money from these stores.

Unless im ignorant on something, thats all that comes down to, and with magic getting bigger, these things will get tighter,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom