• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT10| Aether Revolt - That shit that make your Soul Burn slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

huh

with what? it only had exarch

edit: oh i see. it only became a deck after jace and stoneforge got banned lol
It actually got played WITH Jace/Stoneforrge right before they got banned.

Did you just literally not play that Standard at all?
Everything will be worth poop. I wouldn't bother. There's not even a chase rare.
Bingo.

This is the new normal till they kill masterpieces. Get a C/U set and wait on 99% of the cards.

Firemind

It actually got played WITH Jace/Stoneforrge right before they got banned.

Did you just literally not play that Standard at all?
i top 9'd nationals with pyromancer's ascension. that was when the titans, affinity and cawblade were still legal. everything after that is honestly a blur.

Wulfric

Well yeah, but they won't be more expensive than Monastery Swiftspear or Delver. I say $10 tops, less if it becomes an FNM promo (lol).

Yeef

Nissa crewing Heart of Kiran is hard to beat in sealed, who would've thought lol
Especially when you're getting flooded. Based on what I saw, I don't think Cam built his deck well. It's not normally an aggro player and it seems like his curve is all off.

Santiako

Especially when you're getting flooded. Based on what I saw, I don't think Cam built his deck well. It's not normally an aggro player and it seems like his curve is all off.

I can only imagine how bad Cam's blue was for him not to force it.

TheGrue

Saheeli just jumped from $2 to $5+ because there's a Splinter Twin combo w/ her now-

I'm back into Magic recently, so want to be sure I understand this combo. So you put out Saheeli on Turn 3 and then Turn 4 you put out Felidar, do Saheeli's -2, make another Felidar, exile and return Saheeli. Now, because she is fresh again, she is back up to 3 loyalty and so you can just do this over an over?

kirblar

I'm back into Magic recently, so want to be sure I understand this combo. So you put out Saheeli on Turn 3 and then Turn 4 you put out Felidar, do Saheeli's -2, make another Felidar, exile and return Saheeli. Now, because she is fresh again, she is back up to 3 loyalty and so you can just do this over an over?
Yup.

Infuriating and stupid that they let this happen again in Standard.

Ashodin

And you have infinite 1/X haste cats.

TIME TO BREW UP BLADE OF ARTIFICE 2.0

5jbnYD2.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like this list. Less all in on a single win condition.

Some dude managed to Lost Legacy my Saheeli so I started bouncing Gearhulk with the Cat. He wasn't amused.

Played against Saheeli combo decks almost exclusively on the beta so far and it seem the real deal but so is Sram in the cheerios deck. I think I'm gonna go down 2 ornithopers to play a full playset of him. Whir of Invention has not impressed me much in the deck since i have only 0, 4 and 6 targets and fetching a cherrio is pointless. It's effectively a 5th and 6th Reservoir or 7th and 8th if you count the 2 inventor's fairs.

no way any rare stays that high.

awesome how cheerios is a standard deck now

It still has 2 major issues that stopped it from being one before, 1 Spell Queller eats aetherflux reservoir and 2 you rarely are able to go off the turn you play it.
I'm now considering adding a Sigarda's Aid to abuse the templating of Aetherflux that makes the lifegain of casting while holding priority multiplicative and to allow me to go off at instant speed.

duxstar

10 fucking dollars we hear from wizards that they didn't test Felidar Guardian with Saheeli., Holy fuck incoming combos all day.

duxstar

Literally EVERY DECK I HAVE PLAYED TODAY has played the saheeli rai combo, and if standard is faster than modern then I'm fucking out. Like what the fuck wizards.

I've liked Saheeli for a while, but only because I like the colour combo and don't play Standard. I should have put my money where my mouth was and bought before... I was counting on grabbing them at rotation / later in the format. Alas.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Literally EVERY DECK I HAVE PLAYED TODAY has played the saheeli rai combo, and if standard is faster than modern then I'm fucking out. Like what the fuck wizards.

I played it once. There's an awful lot of counterspell guys on the beta right now, though. I'm hoping it sees a lot of play because it has a very good matchup with Aetherworks Marvel, and the infinite damage combo is easily disrupted with basically any removal.

The biggest problem I'm seeing is that almost all of Standard appears to be dominated by unfair decks.

10 fucking dollars we hear from wizards that they didn't test Felidar Guardian with Saheeli., Holy fuck incoming combos all day.

I dunno. The effect only hitting creatures like Resto or Wispweaver would work for revolt. It feels like this kind of combo is the only reason you'd make it hit any permanent with the context.

bigkrev

What instant speed removal do we have in Standard that can kill a 1/4 on your opponents turn? Fatal Push only works if you can trigger revolt on your opponents turn precombat

They CAN'T say that, even if it's true. There is just no way.

kirblar

After they missed Twin/Exarch, which were a full year apart, missing this is completely ridiculous and it's readily apparently something is very wrong at WoTC right now.

What instant speed removal do we have in Standard that can kill a 1/4 on your opponents turn? Fatal Push only works if you can trigger revolt on your opponents turn precombat

You could wait until they've fully "gone off" and attack you:

• Engulf the Shore
  • Give No Ground
  • Make Obsolete
  • Commencement of Festivities

All of these are probably bad, by the way, lol

Aetherflux is fucking ridiculous now with Sram. I drew my entire deck on turn 11. 28 cards in hand. I had to return sram to my hand with paradoxical outcome so that I wouldn't deck myself.
Picking up spell quellers to recast them is sweet, as is casting paradoxical outcome off of fatcaster returning fatcaster to hand in the process.
You could wait until they've fully "gone off" and attack you:

• Engulf the Shore
  • Give No Ground
  • Make Obsolete
  • Commencement of Festivities

All of these are bad, by the way, lol

commencement of festivities is solid against GR energy

duxstar

Remember every problem you had with Twin, as in they could win on turn 4, you had to keep up removal after turn 3 for the rest of the game, That you are now allowing a control deck to force you to keep up 3 mana for the rest of the game ? It's literally all of that, but we don't have Path to exile, and have to kill a 1/4 which literally dodges the 3 best pieces of removal in Standard (Harnessed Lightning, Skywhaler's Shot, and Fatal Push without revolt). Oh iand is to be at instant speed, So sorcery removal is dead.

So just in case you thought magic wasn't fun with turn 4 aetherworks marvel, at least you have a chance to kill Emrakul, and they win on turn 5.This deck WINS the game on turn 4 , unless you can pressure Saheeli, early, or Hold up removal for the rest of the game.

Ashodin

You can still kill Saheeli tho to stop the combo. With burn.

Thalia also stops the combo. (from killing you immediately, anyway)

Are we headed into yet ANOTHER combo winter?

Angry Grimace

You can still kill Saheeli tho to stop the combo. With burn.

Thalia also stops the combo. (from killing you immediately, anyway)

Are we headed into yet ANOTHER combo winter?
Except the deck that would play this is a control deck.

The actual answer is just play Lost Legacy.

Ashodin

Except the deck that would play this is a control deck.

The actual answer is just play Lost Legacy.

Thalia's in my SB.

aw shit, I didn't realize they'd use dispel to backup the combo, brutal. Yeah you'd definitely have to target one or more of the pieces of the combo before they can backup dispel answers.

Sounds terrifying tho. They gotta ban Saheeli or the Felidar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom