• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT10| Aether Revolt - That shit that make your Soul Burn slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

red13th

Atlazan "leaked" with some sort of booster packaging survey I think, it's not officially announced yet.

also, Mox Opal is almost $60? wow, when I opened mine in my MM15 box it was around $20.

Atlazan "leaked" with some sort of booster packaging survey I think, it's not officially announced yet.

also, Mox Opal is almost $60? wow, when I opened mine in my MM15 box it was around $20.

Thank you for expanding on that. I have limited knowledge on what is going on in Magic right now.

It just occured to me to play Helm of Obedience in Zur. I've had issues closing out games before and that speeds it up tremendously.
What is Altazan? Is that the new block after Amonkhet?

It's from a survey on their packaging a couple months ago, Wizards afterwards said they threw that stuff together for that survey but you can see the amonkhet boosters are very much real now and the art is also unique as is the name atlazan,
not counting a random pen and paper world by some dude on his blog.

People hypothesized it's going to be a mixture of atlantis and mesoamerican influences.

bigkrev

I would have scooped in shame in response to the Clique instead of revealing I kept an all-lander and then drew no spells the entire game

red13th

Looking at a few cards made me notice Ravnica is as old now as Magic the Gathering was when Ravnica was released. I'm so old!

OnPoint

1. I hope Altazan is real. And I hope it continues The Gatewatch story by following Ajani there, after the "defeat" suffered in Hour of Devastation, leaving most if not all of the Origins 5 behind for a block.

2. Death's Shadow looks so broken right now lol

3. Shadow gearing up for a spike?

bigkrev

That was a crazy final

It's amazing that fucking TARFIRE and no Bolts is the secret to breaking Death's Shadow post banning

OnPoint

I mean the commentary team had it right. Remember when Wild Nacatl was too good as a 3/3 for 1? Death's Shadow is often times a WAY better rate in this deck. I mean all we talk about in here lately is bans, right? So why not discuss the potential of banning Death's Shadow in Modern.

Honestly, we need a whole lot more data of this build.
Anyone actually suggesting a ban is jumping the gun.
But it definitely should be on the watch list at this point.

Tron probably eliminated a lot of the decks that would make Suicide Zoo have a hard time.
Bingo.

Tron beats Control easily, when Ulamog/Karn/Ugin can just win the game starting on Turn 3, which are the decks that have answers to Goyf/Death's Shadow.

Modern would be damn near balanced if the format had both somrthing better for draw then Serum Visions(Preordain please) and something between GQ/Tec Edge/Wasteland, because none of the answers available work. Tron has enough ramp to straight up beat a Blood Moon, Valakut gets to turn every land into a bolt after a certain point, Bloom gets to chain together Bouncelands to chain together pacts like no tomorrow, and Eldrazi is probably the "fairest" since Temple got banned (Though Reality Smasher is all kinds of dumb for 4C).

OnPoint

1jzazd.jpg

Still, he's comparing them to Elves, who since Lorwyn have been in 7/11 blocks(Not appearing in Innistrad, Theros, or Tarkir)

Goblins have been 7/11(Not appearing in Theros Kaladesh, or Innistrad)

Merfolk/Veldaken have been in (5/4)/11( Not appearing in Tarkir/Innistrad overall)

Vampires have appeared in 9*/11 blocks(Not appearing in Lorwyn Megablock, and Theros)

White's 4 "races" have been Leonin(3/11), Kor(2/11), Kithkin(1/11), and Dwarves(1/11)

Basically, White would be damn close to Red/Green in terms of races if we had something like Elves that was accepted.

*This number includes Tarkir, which had one Vampire that was created by Sorin, and Kaladesh, which had Yahenni.

bigkrev

Look, the creatures of white are Angels and Humans. It used to be soldiers and clerics, it you decided to make it a race issue and now look what you have done to the color

Ashodin

look when you have MMOs you have races that the players want to feel represented in. If you get rid of Humans it makes the game more alien to the player.

Same deal in MTG. Humans are white because of their civilization and order nature.

white's got humans tho

Look, the creatures of white are Angels and Humans. It used to be soldiers and clerics, it you decided to make it a race issue and now look what you have done to the color
Humans are not White in the same way as Merfolk are Blue, or Elves are Green. There's no Mono white Goblins, but there are several Red/Black Humans. There's no Mono blue Elves, or mono white Vampires, or Mono Red Merfolk.

I'm all for the idea that White isn't a race because White is the color that promotes What Role you serve over your background.

Humans are in every color because Humans are the player race.

Humans are not White in the same way as Merfolk are Blue, or Elves are Green. There's no Mono white Goblins, but there are several Red/Black Humans. There's no Mono blue Elves, or mono white Vampires, or Mono Red Merfolk.

I'm all for the idea that White isn't a race because White is the color that promotes What Role you serve over your background.

Humans are in every color because Humans are the player race.

Humans as a congregation, as in village and townsfolk, are always white. Heck Kithkin on Lorwyn were basically tiny Innistrad Humans.

OnPoint

In a year when they're hyping up some dumb new shit with like eight eyes and like lizard scales as the new white race hotness you'll all wish they'd gone my way on this.

I'm already with you. I think they needed a better mechanical identity. I wish they would forge ahead with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom