• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT11| Amonkhet - Have you ever had decks with a Pharaoh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowbear

I think I'm gonna build Yukuhiro's deck. idk if it's actually great or how it'll do in the meta after the PT but it seems like it has some absolutely stupid draws and I'm very into playing a billion bone pickers a turn or having a 6/6 attacking on turn 3.

Tunoku

Rooting for Gerry here, but it's not gonna be easy. Muller was kind of unfortunate with how the brackets worked out. He would have loved to have played against Zombies all day.

Yeah, it was clearly Tsugumi.

BvsKJXGzqfNPq.gif

It's taken printing about a thousand enablers in various attempts, but they finally got a zombies deck that makes a shit-ton of zombies and rolls over someone to work. I remember really wanting to see this sort of deck back in OG Innistrad (Army of the Damned, Zombie Apocalypse, Endless Ranks of the Dead, etc.), but it never really worked.

I honestly didn't think Diregraf Colossus had the gumption to make it happen.

Crocodile

Thoughts on PT:

A) Cool to see Zombies win, I don't think it was on a ton of people's radar before this weekend. LOL Tribal FTW

B) Calcano is a friend of mine so I'm glad to see he made Top 8. Shame he couldn't go all the way.

C) I'm not sure how I feel about learning that Gerry T is dating the ex-girlfriend of a friend of mine for a variety of reasons. Learning that was.......awkward.

are there any multicolour ramp spells more powerful or at least doing something additionally at no extra cost but having the mana to cast it?

I'm asking because I'm not aware of any but there should be considering most multicolour spells are like that.
Stuff like countersquall, lightning helix, destructive revelry,...

are there any multicolour ramp spells more powerful or at least doing something additionally at no extra cost but having the mana to cast it?

I'm asking because I'm not aware of any but there should be considering most multicolour spells are like that.
Stuff like countersquall, lightning helix, destructive revelry,...

Bounty of the Luxa is a pretty nice, though I guess it doesn't have a direct mono-color equivalent in Standard, so that's probably not what you're looking for.

Unlicensed Disintegration?

I'm specifically looking for a rampant growth/cultivate kinda spell.
The closest is probably atarka's command funnily enough.

Unlicensed Disintegration definitely is one do those spells though. It's a lava spike stapled to murder at no extra cost.

This is the only one I can find. If it said creature or player I'd conaider playing it in my K&T deck.
106.jpg

Coiling Oracle probably counts as well. As well as Spring // Mind of sorts.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
It's taken printing about a thousand enablers in various attempts, but they finally got a zombies deck that makes a shit-ton of zombies and rolls over someone to work. I remember really wanting to see this sort of deck back in OG Innistrad (Army of the Damned, Zombie Apocalypse, Endless Ranks of the Dead, etc.), but it never really worked.

I honestly didn't think Diregraf Colossus had the gumption to make it happen.
It didn't. Crypt Breaker and dread wanderer made it happen.

Deck is gonna hit final death after fall rotation so wonder when those lucky people that stocked relentless deads should move them.

It didn't. Crypt Breaker and dread wanderer made it happen.

Deck is gonna hit final death after fall rotation so wonder when those lucky people that stocked relentless deads should move them.

I mean, it's a combination of all three. I do think Colossus is necessary at the moment to provide both the critical mass of zombies, big enough beaters to break the back of other wide strategies, and additional zambos for Cryptbreaker to tap into cards.

bigkrev

Its always the little strange things. Vampires was a tier 2 deck in standard until Vampire Nocturnis and M10 rotated out, and M11 and Viscera Seer rotated in, for example

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I wanna know which deck put up better constructed results and was less carried by good limited play

Ashodin

Zombies won? Well I'll be damned. I'm going to do heavy practice with my deck before Game Day because I want the mat. I have the Worthy Challenger mat as well. Also a Glorybringer would be nice.

Sweltering Sun is DEFFO the sideboard of choice vs. Zombies.

noquarter

PPTQ went horribly today. D:
It's so frustrating when you wake up early and pay money only to get destroyed again and again. I haven't had success at a competitive event except for the first time I attended and that's it. I played Martin Muller's deck for the most part, with some changes to the sideboard and my deck was absolutely atrocious against UR control. It was about 30% of the meta at the event today. I won my matches against Zombies and Mardu easilly, and lost twice to UR control. I had 4 Negates and a Dispel alongside three Tireless Trackers in the sideboard. I really should have brought some Sphinx of the Final Word or World Breakers. I kinda want to see Zombies triumph over Ulamog, but I highly doubt that's gonna happen.
Totally get that feeling, happened to me last weekend.

Was limited, had a decent GB deck with 3 hooded cobras and Rags//Riches and some other stuff and just couldn't make anything happen. Match one got steamrolled by RWu, with the dude starting saying he had a bad deck. He then removed every creature I played and beat me with a 3/2 and a 2/2 in both games. Never saw any removal of my own. Second match was the same story, but got flooded both games. Dropped and enjoyed the rest of my Sunday.

Well, we managed to make this last past the Pro Tour, but I think it's time to bring this to an end.

charlequin, you forgot to move the thread to Community.

I considered mentioning this last week.

So today I was playing 6 player commander and started of with Neheb which ran great until I caused the Meren player to discard Void Winnower with a Lazav on the battlefield. Turns out that's quite difficult to beat.
Next game I switch to K&T and after giving the other players a warning that I have tons of non basic hate I drop Back to Basics on curve. One player, playing Niv Mizzet group hug, gets quite agitated and I offered for me to concede (considering I had not interacted with any player to that point it'd have been as if I never was part of the game) but people said it's okay. 2 turns later back to basics is gone and I toned my lvl of play way down. The Niv Mizzet player then proceeded to counter K&T with his only free mana and stuck on lands for some reason which lets the Lazav player get out of hand again. I offered the table to attack his mana, obviously hurting everyone else in the process, so he couldn't do much, which was declined mostly by the Niv Mizzet player. What gets me is that the Niv Mizzet player still had beef with me in the end when the worst I did since losing the Back to Basics was to play a mana breach (bounce a land for each spell)

Some people really don't like stax, which I understand if they didn't try their hardest to build the greediest decks and to go infinite at the same time.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Free-for-all always leads to man-babies getting hurt feelings. I always try to get people to play 2v2 commander to stop that.

I mean, yeah, if you play Black to Basics or Blood Moon in EDH people are not only going to hate you for that entire game, but probably any time they sit down at a table with you, in perpetuity.

It's not rocket science, people don't like being told "You don't get to play anymore, sit here and watch me instead."

hermit7

I considered mentioning this last week.

So today I was playing 6 player commander and started of with Neheb which ran great until I caused the Meren player to discard Void Winnower with a Lazav on the battlefield. Turns out that's quite difficult to beat.
Next game I switch to K&T and after giving the other players a warning that I have tons of non basic hate I drop Back to Basics on curve. One player, playing Niv Mizzet group hug, gets quite agitated and I offered for me to concede (considering I had not interacted with any player to that point it'd have been as if I never was part of the game) but people said it's okay. 2 turns later back to basics is gone and I toned my lvl of play way down. The Niv Mizzet player then proceeded to counter K&T with his only free mana and stuck on lands for some reason which lets the Lazav player get out of hand again. I offered the table to attack his mana, obviously hurting everyone else in the process, so he couldn't do much, which was declined mostly by the Niv Mizzet player. What gets me is that the Niv Mizzet player still had beef with me in the end when the worst I did since losing the Back to Basics was to play a mana breach (bounce a land for each spell)

Some people really don't like stax, which I understand if they didn't try their hardest to build the greediest decks and to go infinite at the same time.

Revel in the hate that you get. I play Nath stax as my main deck usually, and people hate contamination so much. Pair nether void with a pox or deathcloud and watch as people start seething.

I actually don't bring it to my league anymore because of the way that points are handed out, but if I were to go to a GP and play side events that is for sure the deck that I would play all day. Even though I haven't played it recently people still attempt to hate me out, I am typically a bit speedier than them though with Selvala

I mean, yeah, if you play Black to Basics or Blood Moon in EDH people are not only going to hate you for that entire game, but probably any time they sit down at a table with you, in perpetuity.

It's not rocket science, people don't like being told "You don't get to play anymore, sit here and watch me instead."

I'm alright with scorn, Back to Basics and Blood Moon rightfully earn it, but I'm perplexed by what causes it and what doesn't considering EDH is all too often about exactly "watch me spin the wheels while I may or may not win".

I'm fortunate to have a playgroup that's alright with spiky stuff just as I'm alright battling it out with a bunch of combo decks.

I'm alright with scorn, Back to Basics and Blood Moon rightfully earn it, but I'm perplexed by what causes it and what doesn't considering EDH is all too often about exactly "watch me spin the wheels while I may or may not win".

I'm fortunate to have a playgroup that's alright with spiky stuff just as I'm alright battling it out with a bunch of combo decks.

I think it's generally that people are "okay" (if not overly thrilled) with Storm-style combos that will either immediately end the game or bust and do nothing, but they really don't like setups where you've basically won the game but they still have to sit there and watch you try to close the deal for an hour like a nervous prom date.

Like, if you're dropping Blood Moon and then comboing off the next turn you probably won't make people nearly as upset as if you're playing it and then just sort of stalling out for five turns.

I think it's generally that people are "okay" (if not overly thrilled) with Storm-style combos that will either immediately end the game or bust and do nothing, but they really don't like setups where you've basically won the game but they still have to sit there and watch you try to close the deal for an hour like a nervous prom date.

Like, if you're dropping Blood Moon and then comboing off the next turn you probably won't make people nearly as upset as if you're playing it and then just sort of stalling out for five turns.
I follow in so far that being the only one who gets to do stuff and not winning immediately is frustrating to watch but that really only happens when decks are lacking interaction and are relying on an incredibly greedy manabases.
Few people are bringing cut throat storm decks, preferring much the 'I might win or I might take turns for the next 10 minutes and not win" kind of decks.
Revel in the hate that you get. I play Nath stax as my main deck usually, and people hate contamination so much. Pair nether void with a pox or deathcloud and watch as people start seething.

I actually don't bring it to my league anymore because of the way that points are handed out, but if I were to go to a GP and play side events that is for sure the deck that I would play all day. Even though I haven't played it recently people still attempt to hate me out, I am typically a bit speedier than them though with Selvala
Contamination is great, it's the single reason I've kept Guildpact Jace in my Narset deck, being able to bounce nonland permanents. K&T are my favourite deck right now as well.

hermit7

I follow in so far that being the only one who gets to do stuff and not winning immediately is frustrating to watch but that really only happens when decks are lacking interaction and are relying on an incredibly greedy manabases.
Few people are bringing cut throat storm decks, preferring much the 'I might win or I might take turns for the next 10 minutes and not win" kind of decks.

Contamination is great, it's the single reason I've kept Guildpact Jace in my Narset deck, being able to bounce nonland permanents. K&T are my favourite deck right now as well.

Yeah and without other colored mana it really is difficult to remove.

For me my favorite deck right now is Mono G Selvala. I had turn 3 ulamog and kozilek a few weeks ago which is the fastest I was able to get out I think.

Turn 2 Selvala
Turn 3 quirion ranger, cast Phyrexian dreadnaught with the sac trigger tap Selvala bounce forest to untap selvala float 23 mana. Cast ulamog, draw cast old kozilek draw then draw 4.

The deck is all about drawing tons of cards and casting huge beaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom