• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT12| Hour of Devastation - Hour of Jace getting dunked on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiako

Also, I wouldn't call 4 Abrade, 4 Flow, 2 Shock, 2 Defiance, 2 Chandra (+Sprays and Defeats from the sideboard) as "little interaction".

What a great match so far.

Ashodin

What are we on? Second match?

oh man PVDDR came back from 0-2? sheit

Most played planeswalker in the top 8: Chandra, Torch of Defiance (15 copies)
Colour with most cards in the top8: Red

At least I got two!

Zocano

Paul Cheon is a really good commentator

edit: I really wish I picked up a Chandra when she was <$20 but oh well. I can wait.

Zocano

It's a shame energy is such a parasitic mechanic. I'd like to put several of the cards (like marvel lolololol) in my cube but I don't really wanna lose so many spots just to fill it up with energy stuff. It's a 360 cube atm and dunno if I'd go up to 450 for a while.

It's a shame energy is such a parasitic mechanic. I'd like to put several of the cards (like marvel lolololol) in my cube but I don't really wanna lose so many spots just to fill it up with energy stuff.

A lot of the big cards are just fine on their own, as demonstrated by Aethersphere Harvester here.

Zocano

I suppossseee? I know it's basically just "lifelink for 2 turns" but it feels a bit awkward in that scenario for that specific card when I've already got stuff like Heart of Kiran and Smuggler's Copter safely taking colorless spots. Electrostatic Pummeler and Bristling Hydra are cards that were more coming to mind but those need a LOT of energy to make work.

Ashodin

Even if lifelink for two turns, a 6 life swing in a burn mirror match can be huge.

I hope BR Aggro takes the PT now. Collective Brutality + Cut // Ribbons + Ammit Eternal looks sweet

and I'm not just saying it because I just bought four Ammit Eternal

Ashodin

The PT Trophy is terrible btw

I'm struggling to figure out what the best way to remove Hazoret is in red and white. Dec in Stone?

Chun pulling all the poker faces lol

Chun slowrolling aggro games. smh I would get super tilted at this dude

What are we on? Second match?

oh man PVDDR came back from 0-2? sheit

Most played planeswalker in the top 8: Chandra, Torch of Defiance (15 copies)
Colour with most cards in the top8: Red

At least I got two!

People scoffed at me at my local shop when I told them to acquire 4 chandra torch of defiance when it came out. I'm not saying she's Jace, she's not even close. But she's still an awesome awesome planeswalker.

Justin

People scoffed at me at my local shop when I told them to acquire 4 chandra torch of defiance when it came out. I'm not saying she's Jace, she's not even close. But she's still an awesome awesome planeswalker.

People did the same when I picked up 4 Samuts... still waiting for her to break out... any day now...

Maybe after rotation...

Santiako

I've been playing her in Modern since she came out. Absolutely fantastic card.

Joe Molotov

These guys talking about how Chandra's Defeat kills almost everything in Ramunap Red for one mana. Yeah, so does Magma Spray, lol. (I know, I know, Kari Zev and Chandra, Torch of Defiance, but still.)

Repgnar

Just got home so can actually catch some live coverage for once this weekend. Tried out Standard Showdown with a G/B -1/-1 deck and got destroyed. People there were super friendly though and gave some recommendations. Crowd wasn't super meta like I was scared it was going to be so don't feel like I have to completely scrap the deck to play there. Leaning towards throwing red back in.

Played Commander today, got my opponent down to three life. He said, don't you wish you had Lightning Bolt?

I said, like this? *throws down Bolt*

I mean that's sweet but... What deck are you playing that runs Bolt haha

Yeah, it's not what you expect in multiplayer EDH. :D

Tuned more for 1v1

29.jpg

Santiako

Spend all the pregame talking about how the deck can't get flooded.

The guy gets immediately flooded.

EDIT: Kari Zev Expertise stealing Kari Zev for the win. That was great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom