• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matriox

Apparently went from 2.50->5 yesterday. Not realy seeing play anywhere else, but it's a unique effect in Standard out of a set no one opened.

Yeah I nabbed a set for $10 because it seemed low for a mythic that is seeing some play and figured it would be somewhere today, got some more off of amazon for $4 because I think it might continue to go up sometime, I mean folks love Oblivion Stone effects in commander at the very least.

EDIT: Also grabbed some Savage Knuckleblades at $2.50, seemed like an alright price that could see some play sometime in the next 2 years.

kirblar

Yeah I nabbed a set for $10 because it seemed low for a mythic that is seeing some play and figured it would be somewhere today, got some more off of amazon for $4 because I think it might continue to go up sometime, I mean folks love Oblivion Stone effects in commander at the very least.

EDIT: Also grabbed some Savage Knuckleblades at $2.50, seemed like an alright price that could see some play sometime in the next 2 years.
Knuckleblade's looking pretty poopy- I sold my extra for 3 bux last weekend cause the Temur tempo shell just isn't there right now. Maybe after rotation.

Matriox

Yeah I was thinking perhaps after the next 2 sets or at the very least rotation, just seems too good to be that low. Then again I felt that way about Lotleth Troll and that didn't end well for me.

EDIT: I wonder if I should go ahead and sell my foil Dig Through Time.. I mean it was the prerelease promo afterall, and at rare with the whole set being so expensive I just don't see Dig's holding that price tag.

Lucario

EDIT: I wonder if I should go ahead and sell my foil Dig Through Time.. I mean it was the prerelease promo afterall, and at rare with the whole set being so expensive I just don't see Dig's holding that price tag.

I'll trade for it if you're interested.

Wichu

I'm very tempted to open one of my Khans boxes that I bought in the hope of finding a new draft group (hasn't happened yet). Or maybe even both of them...

Matriox

I'm very tempted to open one of my Khans boxes that I bought in the hope of finding a new draft group (hasn't happened yet). Or maybe even both of them...

The value of opening packs of Khans right now is bonkers. I think I read somewhere that Khans Box have an average EV of $175 if you sell everything out of it. I know I've made money personally off of opening boxes.

EDIT: PT Stream starting up right now.

Question for people in the Los Angeles area. Are you guys planning on going to GP LA or Game Day this weekend?

I just realized Game Day is this weekend and now I'm not sure which one I want to go to. Game Day Saturday then GP LA Sunday? 0_0

Matriox

Went ahead and grabbed another playset of Herald of Torment, BotG was barely opened and if this Abzan deck that Sigrist has tops then I think it will be well worth $2 per.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The 5% playing it are doing very well. There are other decks, like Tokens, using the card as well. Remember, Caw Blade was only a small percentage of the field at PT Amsterdam.

I mean, I don't know how you'd know, they only show like 5 or 6 different tables out of 350 players.

kirblar

Lol I was thinking something similar. Seems really risky to draft agro the way he was with so many big butts in limited KTK. Just got stopped in his tracks.
I felt like Buehler was totally jock-riding when he called Mantis the "correct" pick- it's totally not, as Icy Blast goes in 3 clans, 2 color pairs, and is a super-splashable bomb.

Matriox

I felt like Buehler was totally jock-riding when he called Mantis the "correct" pick- it's totally not, as Icy Blast goes in 3 clans, 2 color pairs, and is a super-splashable bomb.

I don't have audio, and I mean Mantis is good, but nowherre near "correct"...

EDIT: Went back and looked at his options, I only really liked Mantis and Icy Blast from the pack as a first pick. Mardu Warshrieker and Treasure Cruise were the other ones I liked but not as a 1st pick.

kirblar

I don't have audio, and I mean Mantis is good, but nowherre near "correct"...

EDIT: Went back and looked at his options, I only really liked Mantis and Icy Blast from the pack as a first pick. Mardu Warshrieker and Treasure Cruise were the other ones I liked but not as a 1st pick.
In this format I think you have to windmill slam Icy Blast, Crater's Claws and High Sentinels of Arashin - all insane single-colored-mana bombs.

Firemind

P7gKGKv.png

Those Windscouts and Students in the sideboard. ;-;

kirblar

I really hope they stop printing the damn 3cc mana rocks and figure out a better way to put those types of cards in the sets.

I really hope they stop printing the damn 3cc mana rocks and figure out a better way to put those types of cards in the sets.

They could probably get away with a 2-cost artifact that cantripped and said "Lands you control can tap for X, Y, or Z." That could be too good though.

Or hey! They could make use of Fortify from Darksteel Garrison. 2cc can trip, when it ETB, fortify it to a land you control. Fortified land taps for X, Y, or Z.

Something like that.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Someone should let Ari Lax know that you don't have to desleeve your cards when you play them face down.

An-Det

Looks like you can sanction most any format as FNM now (notable exception with Vintage, oddly enough) and that they're decoupling the FNM promos from where you place.

First Regional ptqs (regional promo card is Liliana of the Veil):

kirblar

Looks like you can sanction most any format as FNM now (notable exception with Vintage, oddly enough) and that they're decoupling the FNM promos from where you place.
The stores now have flexibility to choose how they distribute them, which makes sense. (Could still be rank-based at a spikier store.)

I love that French Commander is now sanctionable.

An-Det

The stores now have flexibility to choose how they distribute them, which makes sense. (Could still be rank-based at a spikier store.)

I love that French Commander is now sanctionable.

Yeah definitely, these are some good changes. Giving the stores and players more options is great, and potentially gets people in the door that otherwise wouldn't be.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This dude's Mardu deck is just like mine but with Chandra. I still need that last Sarkhan though :money:

duxstar

Sooooooooo this happened at my LGS last night and I don't know how to handle it. I'm 2 - 0 going into round 3 and playing against basically the only guy who works at the shop. I'm really good friends with him and all, and he's playing black/white aggro, I'm playing temur control with lots of pain lands. We go to round 3, and AS we enter round 3 he says "yeah if it goes to rounds, after 5 turns the person with the lowest life loses"

Now this is the first time I, or MANY other people that go to the shop regularly have ever heard of this rule, and I say "keep" before knowing this rule, just assuming we are going to draw. Then he tells me this "new rule" even though I have DRAWN with people at that shop that I had higher life totals than before.

Of course he mulls to 5 looking for one bloodsoaked champion, and I have nothing that can stop it turn 2, cause i kept a land with 3 pain lands. So basically i get a "loss" because I didn't play an aggro deck and actually play pain lands (wooded foothills)

I'm friends with everyone at the shop and pretty close with this guy as well, so this knocks me out of the top, and Im so pissed off I can't even play properly in round 3. I go upstairs to cool off for a bit, buy 3 packs and open a Sorin pack 3.

The question is, have you ever heard of this rule before, and if its my go to magic shop do you just accept it and move on ? Don't know what I should do, I kind of paled around with everyone afterwards but they all knew I was pissed off; I don't hide anger easily.

duxstar

By the way, does anyone have a temur deck that isn't horrible against half decent decks ? I refuse to believe that its not VIABLE somehow.

kirblar

Sooooooooo this happened at my LGS last night and I don't know how to handle it. I'm 2 - 0 going into round 3 and playing against basically the only guy who works at the shop. I'm really good friends with him and all, and he's playing black/white aggro, I'm playing temur control with lots of pain lands. We go to round 3, and AS we enter round 3 he says "yeah if it goes to rounds, after 5 turns the person with the lowest life loses"

Now this is the first time I, or MANY other people that go to the shop regularly have ever heard of this rule, and I say "keep" before knowing this rule, just assuming we are going to draw. Then he tells me this "new rule" even though I have DRAWN with people at that shop that I had higher life totals than before.

Of course he mulls to 5 looking for one bloodsoaked champion, and I have nothing that can stop it turn 2, cause i kept a land with 3 pain lands. So basically i get a "loss" because I didn't play an aggro deck and actually play pain lands (wooded foothills)

I'm friends with everyone at the shop and pretty close with this guy as well, so this knocks me out of the top, and Im so pissed off I can't even play properly in round 3. I go upstairs to cool off for a bit, buy 3 packs and open a Sorin pack 3.

The question is, have you ever heard of this rule before, and if its my go to magic shop do you just accept it and move on ? Don't know what I should do, I kind of paled around with everyone afterwards but they all knew I was pissed off; I don't hide anger easily.
This is only the case in single-elimination rounds. Not in swiss.

kirblar

There are multiple Jeskai decks though.

Calling is Jeskai Wins is the same as calling Affinity Robots though.
The issue is that they're transforming into each other via the SB because the core is the same for most of them. Jeskai Burn is probably closest- ideally it just wants to lightning blast you repeatedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom