• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matriox

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";133943630]Grimace you OK? Pearl Lake is winning matches[/QUOTE]

Maan.. Never thought I'd go from unimpressed to man that looks like fun with pearl lake ancient, but the return the scry lands trick is pretty awesome.

The between-matches bits with Mark Rosewater make him seem eminently punch-able.

Maan.. Never thought I'd go from unimpressed to man that looks like fun with pearl lake ancient, but the return the scry lands trick is pretty awesome.

THIS when I saw that I facepalmed and wondered why I hadn't thought of that before!

Random edit: They really should make Scry an eternal mechanic that's on a lot of stuff. It smooths out a lot of the shitty parts of Magic

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";133943630]Grimace you OK? Pearl Lake is winning matches[/QUOTE]
I don't remember you defending it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";133947809]I'm not gloating lol[/QUOTE]
I'm not actually watching, mostly becaus my wife and I are both sick, so I have no clue what is actually going on.

Matriox

What is it? Just return them to you hand and that's it?

Pretty much. Both players in top deck mode and Pearl Lake Ancient player (Owen Turtenwald in this situation) then attacks with pearl lake ancient. After attacks, tap scry lands (or lands that net you life) to float 3 mana and bounce those lands and pearl lake ancient, cast ancient and start scrying away lands to keep ahead of the non control player. It was great to watch happen on camera.

Kacar

Yea and his teeth look kinda jacked up. Weird.

Wescoe liked the white so much in magic he moved on to the real stuff.

I tried drafting the 5-color deck again. Dafuq? I thought the point of this was that you were supposed to get premium cards late. Instead I get shit-all in pack three.

This is my second time trying it (you more or less have to force it), and at this point I'm convinced that it's just not worth it. It's a gamble that will sometimes pay off handsomely, but sometimes you just have a deck with an awkward curve, a bunch of lands that come into play tapped, and things don't quite work out. Four color (i.e., three colors with a splash for an off-color bomb) is quite reasonable, but the "draft all the fixing then get pass all the bombs" plan just doesn't work in practice.

Firemind

VvBhPjK.png

I just learned firsthand that Mardu is unbeatable when you can curve out.

Never got to draw Sorin though. Figures.

Crocodile

Dafuq in General at Wesoce- is he wearing a wig?

Yeah I seriously don't get what the deal is with his hair. It changes every time I see him and it's always shit. I guess he just went bald/balding young? In general he looks way older than his actual age (30s I think).

I just learned firsthand that Mardu is unbeatable when you can curve out.

Never got to draw Sorin though. Figures.

Ewww what is that banner doing in that aggro deck?

Firemind

It was either that, Firehoof Cavalry or Dead Drop. I was Abzan at first. It's amazing how many abzan ascendancies I open and get passed to. :lol

Grakl

Pretty much. Both players in top deck mode and Pearl Lake Ancient player (Owen Turtenwald in this situation) then attacks with pearl lake ancient. After attacks, tap scry lands (or lands that net you life) to float 3 mana and bounce those lands and pearl lake ancient, cast ancient and start scrying away lands to keep ahead of the non control player. It was great to watch happen on camera.

Also runnig Radiant Fountain to gain 2 life a few times!
Lol alright. Thanks!

ElyrionX

Jansen spends more time adjusting the layout of his cards than playing the game. Wtf. Unless he's actuslly thinking while feeding his OCD compulsions lol.

kirblar

Apparently some of the Whip decks are running 4x copies. (I can understand why, card is nuts.) Might be a good pick up at 2-2.50 it currently is.

Angry Grimace

Apparently some of the Whip decks are running 4x copies. (I can understand why, card is nuts.) Might be a good pick up at 2-2.50 it currently is.
Just because a card is playable in some deck doesn't make it worth investing in.

ElyrionX

I don't spec, I just grab playsets for myself and tell others where I think movement is. :p. Don't have the time/energy for it. Might change in a month if I start feeling better.

Pretty much what I do as well. I did the math and it just takes too much time and effort to speculate in Magic. I'd rather look at stocks.

All I try to do is grab playsets for myself at the lowest possible price to reduce the cost of playing the game.

Angry Grimace

I don't spec, I just grab playsets for myself and tell others where I think movement is. :p. Don't have the time/energy for it. Might change in a month if I start feeling better.

I just have my doubts Whip is going to go up to an unmanageable price - Bident was played in every Mono Blue deck and it never went anywhere.

Repgnar

Did my 2nd draft tonight. Went with Green, White, Black but felt like my curve was pretty bad. The more I played the more I realized I was big creature heavy with only a few 1-3 drops. The drafts have been good for collecting cards though, going red/white on Thursday night and then heavy green with some white and black tonight. Have a good spread of cards and a couple solid cards from this set. Going to start eyeing what I can build. Since drafts are only going to be khans until the next thing drops how should I approach buying the older sets? Should I care which one is getting replaced next or just buy what I need?

duxstar

For the record I've won 2 pre-releases and haven't LOST a match in Magic Online yet (draft) ...... yet I've been doing horrible at the standard of this set. Mainly I want temur to be a thing and its just not good =/

Played one of the 16-man sealed events, playing Temur. 4th round opponent also playing Temur made me totally jealous by dropping not one, but two Savage Knuckleblades, then just to rub it in, sideboarded into a Mardu deck for game 3 and still won. Getting frozen out of a color sucks, as usual.

Negator

Man. What a way to go. The last turn of the last round with the last card your opponent drew, playing for top 8. Jesus christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom