• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

I think they've been hyping this up as a Khans infodump, in fact I'm sure I've heard mention of mechanics, so there might be one or two spoilers

Comic-Con is always the info dump for the fall set. I'm expecting plot and art spoilers though rather than actual cards given the precedent of previous years. It could play out differently this year though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My guess is that the live bloggers are faster at updates than me on my phone.

kirblar

I expect nothing more or less than tribal. It seems to be popular for some reason.
MaRo's stated that a full-on tribal block in the future is unlikely. They like using it as a subtheme or a major theme, but it creates issues where drafting and constructed decks go "on-rails" because of it.
I guess? But he just beat BG so whatever.
BG is soft to affinity. Jund is not. (This is why you don't bring BG to GPs.)

MaRo's stated that a full-on tribal block in the future is unlikely. They like using it as a subtheme or a major theme, but it creates issues where drafting and constructed decks go "on-rails" because of it. (This is why you don't bring BG to GPs.)

Well, I hope so. Tribal bores me to tears.

I don't think it's going to be full-on multicolor. It's too soon.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Lady just walked in with cardboard boxes marked "Khans of Tarkir".

Angry Grimace

First topic is Annihilation.

Looks like the spoiler we saw was accurate.

Now talking about Speed v. Cunning. Will have a Khan of Tarkir which is an Orc! Zurgo Helmsmasher! Opponent is Arcanis the Onmipotent.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
BtfhEHdCQAA-E6C.jpg:large

Angry Grimace

Teferi planeswalker card confirmed. Can be your commander.

The Technomancer

You know, at first I was down on the wedge idea because I'm not a huge fan of alara and we're so soon off of Ravnica...but what if they found a way to do a multicolor block without such a high quantity of multicolor cards? That would be cool.

Crocodile

You know, at first I was down on the wedge idea because I'm not a huge fan of alara and we're so soon off of Ravnica...but what if they found a way to do a multicolor block without such a high quantity of multicolor cards? That would be cool.

A multicolor block without a lot of multicolor cards? What's the point? Unless you mean like a lot of mono-color cards with off color activations or kicker? But then you still have to contort your manabase.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!

The Technomancer

A multicolor block without a lot of multicolor cards? What's the point? Unless you mean like a lot of mono-color cards with off color activations or kicker? But then you still have to contort your manabase.

More like...strong thematic and mechanical identities running in three color combinations.

Angry Grimace

Wedge block confirmed.

Names are hard to pronounce.

bigkrev

I really hope they don't try to force something like "Temur Delver" over RUG Delver on coverage, because it clearly worked so well with Affinity and Robots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom