• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT8| Eldritch Moon - It's only a paper (and digital) moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I crazy for wanting to put pyromancer's ascension into Narset EDH?
The deck would also have spellweaver volute and enlightened tutor to enable either.

Loving this Jeskai Ascension deck. Seth did a video series recently with a similar list, a bit more stormy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm just gonna bite the bullet and bring Bant Company to Game Day today.
LLShC.gif

Mana leak isn't always "perfect" but I think that it's still pretty strong in Modern.

35510_200w.jpg

The problem is that there's very few decks in the format historically that care about having a cheap hard counter when the tempo gain from Remand is often just better. There's just so few decks that want to load on counters that aren't Cryptic.

Daedardus

Jeskai Control runs a pretty diverse set of counters though, including Mana Leak.

And since when did Dredge gain so much popularity in Modern?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I want to know whose bright idea it was to make a free turn 0 anti-burn card with no color requirement that Red has next to no way of destroying.

23.jpg

Meh, Burn can suck it.

Jeskai Control runs a pretty diverse set of counters though, including Mana Leak.

And since when did Dredge gain so much popularity in Modern?

dat insolent neonate

Daedardus

Most hate cards are hard to deal with for the other side, that's why they encourage you to build around it with a second strategy. Grafdigger's Cage is hard to deal with for Jeskai too, although it does have access to artifact destruction post board and I think Affinity most of the time doesn't have a way of dealing with Stony Silence.

Dredge is insane in Modern on MTGO. There are times all that I see on streams is either Dredge or Jund.

But did something get released that helped the deck? Seems like all the key cards have been there from the beginning of the year in Modern, yet it's only now that it's so popular.

Schryver

But did something get released that helped the deck? Seems like all the key cards have been there from the beginning of the year in Modern, yet it's only now that it's so popular.
From the SCG Deck Tech the new cards are:
4x Insolent Neonate
4x Prized Amalgam
1x Haunted Dead
2x Collective Brutality in sideboard

Joe Molotov

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";213517596]ain't nobody got time for four lands in modern[/QUOTE]

If they're playing Leylines, then they're probably on some durdly shit. :scust

Wichu

If they're playing Leylines, then they're probably on some durdly shit. :scust

Yeah, I'm on mono-W enchantments. Durdle all day every day. Better hope I haven't hit Sphere of Safety yet though, or that plan goes out of the window!

Destructive Revelry fucks me up good though. My friend plays a full set of them in the sideboard, and always draws them against me :(

I run one Leyline of Sanctity, and that's mainly because Burn wrecks me G1(Horizon Canopy is so bad against any deck with a clock)/it's another piece for Ad Nauseum/Hulk's Footsteps/Burn to have to fight through to beat me post board, and even then I'm still not sure if it's worth it.

Daedardus

Didn't know SOI gave some new cards for Dredge, shows how much I cared about the set aside from Nahiri.

Jeskai Nahiri also getting some real love on the stream, lots of crazy plays and I think it won every match on the stream?

Also, hope you're stil winning OnPoint!

Daedardus

Vintage/Legacy. This is way, way, way before Modern was a thing. Hell, Legacy may have still been 1.5 at that point. Extended was still around. (I Top 8'd a PTQ with a deck featuring Vindicate and Watchwolf!) WATCHWOLF.

The real hosers, aside from Void, were printed in 2010 in M11 though, which was one year before the conception of Modern.

Didn't know SOI gave some new cards for Dredge, shows how much I cared about the set aside from Nahiri.

Jeskai Nahiri also getting some real love on the stream, lots of crazy plays and I think it won every match on the stream?

Also, hope you're stil winning OnPoint!

I love new Nahiri. I've seen her played in Legacy, too.

Santiako

Vintage/Legacy. This is way, way, way before Modern was a thing. Hell, Legacy may have still been 1.5 at that point. Extended was still around. (I Top 8'd a PTQ with a deck featuring Vindicate and Watchwolf!) WATCHWOLF.

Watchwolf was a big deal when it was released.

bigkrev

Did the Pro Tour Gauntlet, got Mono White Humans, and easily 3-0'd with it. Beat Temur Emerge, U/R, and Naya Legendary. Then I bought the deck because it was litterally 37 dollars from MTGO Traders, and will have fun the rest of the summer playing leagues!

Bandini

I preordered a box of Conspiracy today on Amazon. Listing said it ships the 26th.

Just got an email saying it shipped with a tracking number....

Yeef

I preordered a box of Conspiracy today on Amazon. Listing said it ships the 26th.

Just got an email saying it shipped with a tracking number....
Was it from Amazon proper or a seller on Amazon. If it's the latter, odds are they know the weight and just pre-printed a shipping label. If you don't mark items as shipped on Amazon within a certain number of days, Amazon will auto-cancel the order.

Kaya + "Oath of" cards? None of them seem paricularly good- Oath of Liliana maybe? Chandra seems slow but makes the 0 to reset more symmetrical. Might be fun in casual :)

An-Det

Now that's my kinda deck.

bigkrev

Scan today from 2001 Scrye magazine. I'm amused they did a thing on this, but imagine the handwringing on Twitter that would happen if someone tried this today!

Cpyn8QCW8AA5rdG.jpg

Took 7th in Game Day #1 today. Bant mana base kinda hates me. Ah well, that's what you roll the dice on playing 3 colors.

Took 2nd in Game Day #2 on the day. I'm so glad I found another shop that has evening Game Days since the other one shut down. It was later in the day, so they did no top 4 or anything, just gave the mat to top in the standings. Boo.

Played Bant today. Got torn apart by a local grinder who made an improved and streamlined Prized Amalgam deck. Managed 13 power on the board at the end of turn 3 against me and it looked easy. It was impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom