• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT8| Eldritch Moon - It's only a paper (and digital) moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daedardus

A small unintentional playing error from the Dredge player, but that match was just brutal. We'll be seeing a lot of Dredge from now on, I fear.

duxstar

I literally don't know how decks win with enchantments as their win con when dromoka's command is literally a big FU to demonic pact/Fevered Visions.

I've never lost to either deck because i always pack 4 d-commands, with access to den protectors out of the sideboard.

El Topo

I literally don't know how decks win with enchantments as their win con when dromoka's command is literally a big FU to demonic pact/Fevered Visions.

I've never lost to either deck because i always pack 4 d-commands, with access to den protectors out of the sideboard.

Cat Pact is playing Clash of Will. I don't recall the deck list, but maybe Cat Pact also has Negate/discard spells in the sideboard? Dromoka's Command is a problem, but you can work around it to some extent. It's a lot worse if the opponent has a Negate or a Spell Queller for the Harmless Offering.

The former, at least, plays Oaths to have something else to sacrifice. I'm not sure how the deck would handle the opponent using Dromoka's Command to sacrifice the Pact after they're given it.

Wizards hates dredge so I wouldn't be surprised to see something banned within the next 2 cycles (probably GGTroll).

Which would be funny.

Ban Troll. Unban Troll. Oops. Ban Troll.

Golgari Ban-Troll

1422444834.jpg

Interesting that a Black-White Planeswalker deck that relies a lot on Oath of Liliana is doing well.

Earlier, the commentators made the point that people are removing Dromoka's Command from their Bant Company decks in order to act more quickly against Emrakul decks, which seems to be leading into the rise of these enchantment decks.

So Dredge wins. It's funny though because by following Twitch streams, those particular MTGO players adapted what seems to be much quicker to the Dredge meta.
Cards like Nihil Spellbomb and others were already being added into sideboards over the last couple of weeks.

Ross Merriam, the Dredge winner, says in his winner interview that he admits he is not playing the deck very well and it is not a very tuned deck list. He says that the ceiling on how well this Dredge deck can be has not been met.

Joe Molotov

Ross Merriam, the Dredge winner, says in his winner interview that he admits he is not playing the deck very well and it is not a very tuned deck list. He says that the ceiling on how well this Dredge deck can be has not been met.

He was missing triggers in Game 3 of the finals, smh.

Naming four-color decks after the Nephilim? The four-color commander decks can't come fast enough. Though just calling it "not white" would be better.

OK, Chris is finally going to use Grixis Cat Pact against a Bant Company deck with mainboard Dromoka's Command. Let's see what happens.

EDIT: Max didn't have the white mana open to use Dromoka's Command when the Pact was given to him.

kirblar

Interesting that a Black-White Planeswalker deck that relies a lot on Oath of Liliana is doing well.

Earlier, the commentators made the point that people are removing Dromoka's Command from their Bant Company decks in order to act more quickly against Emrakul decks, which seems to be leading into the rise of these enchantment decks.
That deck seems to want Oath somewhere in the 75 naturally because of how many PWs it plays.

Emrakul may be a little too good. I didn't really expect Delirium to get so strong but Eldritch Moon brought some powerful enablers. People are casting it for 6-7 mana no problem. Just completely turns the tide in some games. Way more fun than Collected Company though.

Yeef

Built 4 decks for game days: Jundelirium, Bant Company, Thermo-Thing and Mono white humans. I played 1 and lent out the other 3. On Saturday, all 4 of my decks ended up in the Top 4. I played Jundelirium, but got eliminated in the semifinals. UR spells ended up taking it.

Today, 3 of my decks ended up in the top 4 (with a Gc Ramp deck in the 4th slot). I played UR spells and took it only thanks to a misplay on my opponent's end in game 3 of the final. He was at 4 with 4 cards in hand. He played a tracker then a land. Then cracked the clue, forgetting about my fevered visions. End step i ping him with my Alchemist and he took 2 off the visions. If he hadn't misplayed, my draw for the turn was a mountain and I had no gas in my hand (just lands and a dispel) and no way to filter, so I would have lost.

Overall, between the pro tour, what I've seen in casual play and game day, i think standard is in a pretty good place right now. I think the coolest homebrew deck i saw was a Sultai delirium deck that used Gitrog, Noose Constrictor and Splendid Reclamation to do some silly things.

Interesting that Learn from the Past, Orbs of Warding, and Peace of Mind saw play in Grand Prix Rimini.
I was running Learn from the Past in my sideboard for Bant Company. It's really good at keeping the opponent off Emrakul and Delirium in general. It' sespecially good just after they've resolved a Mindwrack Demon.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Emrakul may be a little too good. I didn't really expect Delirium to get so strong but Eldritch Moon brought some powerful enablers. People are casting it for 6-7 mana no problem. Just completely turns the tide in some games. Way more fun than Collected Company though.

Company is way more fun than Return at least. You can counter or wipe a Company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom