• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT8| Eldritch Moon - It's only a paper (and digital) moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiako

Non-broken cards I loved in extended and want back in Modern:

Innocent Blood
Ghastly Demise
Force Spike
Accumulated Knowledge
Firebolt
Flametonge Kavu
Psychatog
Goblin Legionnaire
Orim's Chant
Fire/Ice
Moment's Peace
Tange Wire

Probably a ton more that I'm not remembering.

I guess mystical is better than enlightened, not super crazy though since you don't have a ton of bullets and it's just one tutor.

Sphere I think is pretty bad when you're not likely to have more than 1 or 2 enchantments out. Paying one or two on turn five isn't that hard.

You're right about the talisman cycle being better, stick all of those in there. Not Dominance though, I wouldn't put that one in.

Santiako

you forgot fireblast

a1hVfoH.gif

Way too good

+1:"Tap target creature not affected by this ability. It doesn't untap until a player activates an ability of CARDNAME."

Does this templating work? I'd like it to be a freeze effect but I also don't want the PW to be able to grow by continuously locking the same creature down. Sounds a bit too cumbersome and unintuitive.

"affected by this ability" isn't parlance you can really use in current Magic templating. For what you're trying to accomplish, I would probably do something like:

+1: Remove all ice counters from creatures on the battlefield, then tap target creature and put an ice counter on it. It doesn't untap as long as it has an ice counter.
-X: Remove all ice counters from creatures on the battlefield. You gain control of target creature with converted mana cost X.
-5: Remove all ice counters from creatures on the battlefield. Tap all creatures target player controls. Draw a card.

Ashodin

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";215197542]Increases your starting hand size by one apparently[/QUOTE]

holy shit I'm dying rofl

also yeah I looked up elves

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";215195016]I guess mystical is better than enlightened, not super crazy though since you don't have a ton of bullets and it's just one tutor.

Sphere I think is pretty bad when you're not likely to have more than 1 or 2 enchantments out. Paying one or two on turn five isn't that hard.

You're right about the talisman cycle being better, stick all of those in there. Not Dominance though, I wouldn't put that one in.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's the progress one, the only one available for wedges.
Sphere is per creature so it adds up and it just needs a 2nd enchantment to be ex aequo to a ghostly prison.
I feel like you're coming from the always attacking with Narset side while I'm more concerned with protecting my PWs.
Kinda unimpressed with Storm Herd, increasing devotion does its job better by being recastable and not sure I need the redundancy or whether I'd want timely reinforcement over it for actually being playable from hand.
Mentor felt relatively strong from what I've tested, it's gonna die instantly in practice though.

Do you really need to do that much to protect your planeswalkers, though? A lot of them do that by themselves and your whole game plan is to start dumping several a turn to keep out of range. Once you start flipping time walks or double attack phases it's just insurmountable by itself. I'm a huge fan of focused gameplans in commander. When you always start with the same card it just makes the most sense.

Firemind was right to tell me to cut all the 1-drops from my Zurgo deck, and I'm doing a similar thing for you. The best place to start is to streamline the deck as much as possible, then only start making changes once you identify problems in playtesting.

Spitballing here, Selfless Spirit in elves sideboard

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";215198328]Do you really need to do that much to protect your planeswalkers, though? A lot of them do that by themselves and your whole game plan is to start dumping several a turn to keep out of range. Once you start flipping time walks or double attack phases it's just insurmountable by itself.[/QUOTE]
but I'm not gonna be playing extra turns and combat phases. That's just not the deck I want to pilot with Narset. I do appreciate your input though, due to the added mana rocks I'm now above 50% chance to get a 2 mana rock in my starting hand.

Wow they let the guy finish the game after starting with 8? If drawing 8, counting and deciding to keep isn't intentionally cheating I don't know what is.

Spitballing here, Selfless Spirit in elves sideboard

but I'm not gonna be playing extra turns and combat phases. That's just not how I intend to build the deck.

Then play stuff like Austere Command and Tragic Arrogance instead of Sphere of Safety.

Santiako

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";215198610]Wow they let the guy finish the game after starting with 8? If drawing 8, counting and deciding to keep isn't intentionally cheating I don't know what is.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I think it is just because they are on camera.

Daedardus

"affected by this ability" isn't parlance you can really use in current Magic templating. For what you're trying to accomplish, I would probably do something like:

+1: Remove all ice counters from creatures on the battlefield, then tap target creature and put an ice counter on it. It doesn't untap as long as it has an ice counter.
-X: Remove all ice counters from creatures on the battlefield. You gain control of target creature with converted mana cost X.
-5: Remove all ice counters from creatures on the battlefield. Tap all creatures target player controls. Draw a card.

You know this makes Dark Depths insanely broken, right? :p

Oh no wait I'm stupid, you said creatures and it isn't a creature.

I feared so wanted the geist, and general blue, you may choose not to untap effect.

When they do the inevitable WCIII map, it should randomly assign Horde/Alliance/Undead/Night Elves to each side each game.
wrong thread pal.

Daedardus

Ugh, I don't know if I like the rise of Dredge. It's just unfun to play against.

When they do the inevitable WCIII map, it should randomly assign Horde/Alliance/Undead/Night Elves to each side each game.

This activates my trap card. Switch this post with one of your benched posts please.

Santiako

I love RG Breach, it feels like it's doing nothing and then BAM you ded. I got the last cards for it last week, so it's now officially my first full modern deck.

Ugh, this is the worst part of Modern. 2 decks that give no shits what the other does unless it touches their precious Linear gameplan.

I don't even play Control and I'm still against these super linear decks.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";215202075]Watching RG Breach is so sad compared to Amulet Bloom. Why do they gotta ban all the fun decks.[/QUOTE]
Cause T2 kills aren't fun.

Dredge is interactive, its just in a weird way.

Sure they are. The worst thing that happens when you lose on turn 2 is that you have a bunch of free time to get food.

Not fun is when my opponent tanks every turn even though both players know they don't have any options so they drag the game out to spite me for playing Lantern.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Dredge is interactive, its just in a weird way.

My friend milled himself out playing Dredge because he wasn't doing anything but chump blocking my 11/11 Scavenging Ooze.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";215202687]Sure they are. The worst thing that happens when you lose on turn 2 is that you have a bunch of free time to get food.

Not fun is when my opponent tanks every turn even though both players know they don't have any options so they drag the game out to spite me for playing Lantern.[/QUOTE]
You're playing Lantern. We have no sympathy.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";215202687]Sure they are. The worst thing that happens when you lose on turn 2 is that you have a bunch of free time to get food.

Not fun is when my opponent tanks every turn even though both players know they don't have any options so they drag the game out to spite me for playing Lantern.[/QUOTE]

Its what you deserve.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Nobody cares how much fun you are having playing a prison deck

OnPoint

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";215207217]Every time Ross Merriam shuffles it looks like he's plotting how he's going to kill those pesky heroes.[/QUOTE]
My girlfriend just said something eerily similar to me haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom