• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

2-2 record so far, Weeaboo mid-range did me in

Yeah just like that the pros save the format from coco

It's really bad outside of coco imo.

Really happy with this build right now, I've been posting more of the variants but here's my main Bgc deck:

riseupxxspz.png

Santiako

Top 8 Decklists

JON FINKEL: BLACK-GREEN CONTROL
BRAD NELSON: GOGGLES RAMP
LUIS SCOTT-VARGAS: BLACK-GREEN COMPANY
SHOTA YASOOKA: ESPER DRAGONS
SETH MANFIELD: ESPER CONTROL
BEN RUBIN: GREEN-WHITE TOKENS
ANDREA MENGUCCI: BANT COMPANY
LUIS SALVATTO: RED-WHITE ELDRAZI GOGGLES

Nice varied list of decks.

Santiako

What did he do? I assume he surrendered in the final rounds...

He convinced his opponent to concede to him on the last turn of turns to get to top 8. Not a big deal imo since his opponent was a teammate and they discussed who would win if the game continued, but it all got caught on camera so it was a bit awkward.

He convinced his opponent to concede to him on the last turn of turns to get to top 8. Not a big deal imo since his opponent was a teammate and they discussed who would win if the game continued, but it all got caught on camera so it was a bit awkward.

Yeah, villain seems strong to me, it was just awkward as heck.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Esper Dragons is terrible and converted like 35% of its players to Day 2

Firemind

What did he do? I assume he surrendered in the final rounds...
Kind of.

In the match against Finkel, when the games were tied, Finkel went all in, Dezani knew he was dead on board, took his time, did a few blocks and then scooped.

He's the kind of player who won't concede on MTGO in case you DC or will waste time in the first or second game because you're behind time.

Ashodin

Fuck yeahhhhhhh eat shit mono white humans

need burn cream? Radiant flames brought that 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥

6-2 :)

Yeef

Just did a draft where I got 3 Dance with Devils, 1 Rise from the Tides and 1 Devils' Playground. I managed to live the dream and copy a Devils' Playground with a Geistblast one game.

It may not be as epic as copying Rise of the Tides, but pairing Geistblast with Lightning Axe just might be my favorite thing. I'm so happy Geistblast is good in this format - that card is so sweet.

It may not be as epic as copying Rise of the Tides, but pairing Geistblast with Lightning Axe just might be my favorite thing. I'm so happy Geistblast is good in this format - that card is so sweet.

Yeah, that's a pretty common combo just because it's cheap enough. Not a lot of spells get rebought with blast at a stage where it's super relevant like that.

One time I had three Geist Blasts in my deck and I killed my opponent from 16 life by end step going Geistblast -> double Geistblast, untap double Geistblast activate reckless scholar -> double Fiery Temper

Ashodin

KR0Vf9o.png

We did it fam

12 packs for my efforts, all going to be opened by my wonderful wife because she gave me the money/car to go.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";201734441]I always feel better when a tournament has a nice clean cut like that for top 8.[/QUOTE]
The glory of IDs.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I went to states with my BGC list and went 3-1-1.

Ended up 9th because my breakers were trash. Missed top 8 with favorable matchups all around. Feels bad, man.

Sometimes you just wanna pick stuff

riseup98srf.png

I went to states with my BGC list and went 3-1-1.

Ended up 9th because my breakers were trash. Missed top 8 with favorable matchups all around. Feels bad, man.

Welcome to the club. Here's a local championship I entered last year:

riseupstf2t.png

If you're gonna lose, don't lose round 1. The match I lost was a 4C Whip mirror match.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";201741615]Sometimes you just wanna pick stuff

riseup98srf.png

Welcome to the club. Here's a local championship I entered last year:

riseupstf2t.png

If you're gonna lose, don't lose round 1. The match I lost was a 4C Whip mirror match.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I ended up losing my third match. Unfortunately, my first game was against my buddy who drove me up, 2-0'd him, (he went 1-4). Second game was against last year's champ, 2-0d him he went (1-3 drop). Third game was me drawing all my 5 drops vs mono white humans. Drew 4th(Guy ended up 3-1-1), got paired down for round 5 and won that game (guy was 2-3).

I've tweaked my deck's mana pretty intensely, so I may be going to NYC GP with a sweet deck in tow. Should've taken a picture of the standings though. My buddy was in the finals, so hope he won.

Is it possible to be UR with less than 5 creatures and not have Thing in the Ice or Rise from the Tides?

Time to believe in the new god, Epitaph Golem, aka Unlosable Board State Golem aka Multiple Demonic Tutors per Turn Golem:

Image.ashx
riseupd0sox.png

My opponent believed:

riseupbofj2.png

kirblar

They are

Edit: the scrylands forever changed the game. Look at how many cards all the decks are seeing per game. All the tutors. The scrylands led to better players winning more often and i think they pushed that into other areas of the game in a huge way post theros.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
They are

Edit: the scrylands forever changed the game. Look at how many cards all the decks are seeing per game. All the tutors. The scrylands led to better players winning more often and i think they pushed that into other areas of the game in a huge way post theros.

What do non-standard lands have to do with a standard tournament results?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom