• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";202633991]To be fair, "after rotation, etc" is one of the laziest phrases in the magic community.[/QUOTE]

But also one of the most exciting, eh?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My sealed deck kinda sucks, but I guess I do have Nahiri in the deck.

lol, I went Transgress the Mind, Thought-Knot Seer, Infinite Obliteration, Transgress the Mind, Infinite Obliteration, Mindwrack Demon against my ramp opponent.

I was at 15, I miss on the dredge trigger and my opponent plays Void Winnower off the top as his 3rd spell of the game.

GGs

People are running a ton of spot removal for humans decks, Jace just gets wrecked by association.

yet Kalitas is still up in the rankings, deservedly. If either sticks you're in great shape. Speaking if Displacer he might be fun with this guy

99.jpg

I think I might be done with drafting SOI, watching streamers tells me a) I'm lost very quickly and b) I'm not really interested in it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think I'm going to unload all of my Jaces. They've already gone from like 85 to like 60 on eBay (you can sell them for more on TCG of course).

Just going to keep a singleton for EDH and that's it.

Firemind

WFkDkyZ.png

well this was a weird draft

goldnight castigator and drogskol cavalry are certified bombs. would p1p1 again.

still no avacyn tho

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
yet Kalitas is still up in the rankings, deservedly. If either sticks you're in great shape. Speaking if Displacer he might be fun with this guy

I think I might be done with drafting SOI, watching streamers tells me a) I'm lost very quickly and b) I'm not really interested in it.

Might just be my match-up's, but as we were talking about removal being so good, kalitas just gets wrecked by ultimate price, grasp, declaration, etc. Also, getting him bounced with reflector mage is such a tempo killer.

OnPoint

What point is the best time in the near future to buy into baby Jaces? I missed out the first time around, I don't want to miss out again.

Angry Grimace

Nahiri is an interesting card in limited. You almost always win if you have even a vaguely stable board state when you drop her because she's goddamn impossible to kill once you start smashing the plus and her minus makes attacking her with any kind of non-super wide board state sucky as fuck.

Total bomb, but not in the "quit immediately" kind that happens when your opponent drops a goddamn Avacyn.

Ashodin

I absolutely love Nahiri. I can't wait until her bomb drops in EDM so I can find out what she summons. She already summons Avacyn and Odric for me, so yeahhhhhh

Angry Grimace

Boy I have an awful lot of unjustified wins in this Sealed League.

Spirits and Dauntless Captain or whatever its called is pretty decent if you can get the cards. Being on 5 wins in the last match sucks though since the prize literally doubles if you get 6 over 5 wins =/

Angry Grimace

Yay, won my last match.....and finished with 279 Play Points =/ (you need 280 to enter a sealed league)

But still, its a second straight 6-3 for 280 play points each. The funny part is that the first one was a better deck but had 3 tix of cards in it and this one had 19 tix of cards.

My Sealed strategy is pretty much luck based though, its mostly just hope I open a bunch of Fiery Temper and Lightning Axe.

Angry Grimace

okay wow I don't think there's a solution to this but I invite you to try.

PYdfQPO.png

Angry Grimace

That's what I went with also with some minor changes/additions.

Angry Grimace

Holy crap blue is so weak in this format. I might have to change the deck entirely because I'm getting absolutely destroyed by people who have super mediocre decks.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Yeah, I played against a guy who had ojutai, always watching, and boarded in/played orbs of warding or whatever the card is that gives a player hexproof.

I conceded immediately.

Angry Grimace

I just had a hand of:

Land
Land
Land
Land
Secure the Wastes
Oath of Nissa

so I kept it because I figured I could get a PW or a creature with the Oath.

First turn: Play a land ---> Oath, seeing: Forest, Forest, Westvale Abbey. So I take Abbey.

Then next turn I draw a land for turn, then play a land. Then I repeat that sequence until I reach turn 6 and die.

Firemind

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";202652047]Did you play a basic island so you can fork Devil's Playground?[/QUOTE]
no but i should have. that scarecrow was a late addition. those fast build drafts only give you five minutes!

Santiako

Ooh, there's a guy selling Goblin Guides for 19€ a piece, I'm really tempted to splurge in a playset. If it's reprinted in EMA would it tank the price lower than that?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Ooh, there's a guy selling Goblin Guides for 19€ a piece, I'm really tempted to splurge in a playset. If it's reprinted in EMA would it tank the price lower than that?

That's a pretty fantastic price. It's price post-EMA would depend on what rarity they put it as. Knee jerk reaction for me would be to buy. In fact, if you want to hit your boy up after you got yours, I need 2 more...

Santiako

That's a pretty fantastic price. It's price post-EMA would depend on what rarity they put it as. Knee jerk reaction for me would be to buy. In fact, if you want to hit your boy up after you got yours, I need 2 more...
It was just a guy on magiccardmarket, but I hesitated and now they're gone ;-;

hermit7

I just got a play set a month or so ago and spend 33 dollars per which I thought was a good price.

I am not sure what the price would be if it got reprinted in EMA, probably drop to 25 or so I would think.

Joe Molotov

4-0'd a modern event at my lgs last night with Burn. Got the elusive Turn 3 kill.

T1: Wild Nacatl
T2: Wild Nacatl + Lava Spike
T3: Goblin Guide + Atarka's Command gg

Angry Grimace

You know, I have no idea how God's Beard's tag has nothing to do with that Italian meal post given how legendary it is on GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom