• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to say, "Uh, I'm pretty sure a strictly better Glorious Anthem is more than a Limited card", but then nontoken. Now it's just good in Limited.

Crocodile

Preview_Card.jpg

Korgill

Stupid red is going to be some sort of a thing at all times until they change their dev philosophy.

Red are stupid pyros, green are hippie lumberjacks, black are a Satanist cult, white are authoritative police, and blue are genius manipulators
who get anything they want

Or something.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
When kirblar says "stupid red" he means the super-aggressive, all in Mono or near Mono Red deck that has been good in Standard for the past several years.

I get the term. Putting aside the fact that mono-red has been around since the beginning of Magic, is this just going to be the kneejerk reaction every time a playable red card is spoiled?

kirblar

I get the term. Putting aside the fact that mono-red has been around since the beginning of Magic, is this just going to be the kneejerk reaction every time a playable red card is spoiled?
I was just pointing out to Grimace that "world where Mono Red isn't a thing" isn't really a world we seem likely to live in any time soon.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I was just pointing out to Grimace that "world where Mono Red isn't a thing" isn't really a world we seem likely to live in any time soon.

Ah. Of course not. I hope we never live in a world where mono-colored decks are not viable. It's the very basic foundation of Magic for that to be a thing. Green stompy. White weenie. Red sligh. Black control. Blue...uh...well...um. Huh. Okay, maybe every color.

*except in Modern and Legacy where blue and red have the only really viable mono-colored decks.

I love fish, can't believe we got a better card from Origins' Zendikar than in either BFZ or OGW. 2 of the 5 merfolk are multicoloured and the next realistic chance for a playable creature is in Return to Theros/Lorwyn/Ravnica tri

giphy.gif

Imagine Thalia as a merfolk, tier 1 right there.

Crocodile

I mean its been around since the beginning of the game but it hasn't always been good in Standard. The past few years have been a good run for the archetype.

kirblar

Ah. Of course not. I hope we never live in a world where mono-colored decks are not viable. It's the very basic foundation of Magic for that to be a thing. Green stompy. White weenie. Red sligh. Black control. Blue...uh...well...um. Huh. Okay, maybe every color.

*except in Modern and Legacy where blue and red have the only really viable mono-colored decks.
In Rav-type block environments, those decks being viable/very good is actively bad.

See: RTR/Theros.

We're seeing a redundancy in mono-red cards that we haven't seen before- the deck just isn't wax/wane-ing, and I don't like that. In OG INN the B/R zombie and vamps decks were the best aggro deck.

(This is aggravated by Mono-Red being the el cheapo Modern deck of choice.)

Firemind

B/R Zombies was a thing in limited? News to me. Vampires was poop if you didn't have Falkenrath Noble. G/W was the best aggro deck.

Gibbering Fiend looks like a great card for mono-red. Guaranteed damage, a 2/1 body, and the chance to grind the opponent down in mid to late game, giving the deck more reach.

Haines

Banned
Uhhh, guys, I think I can see a familiar red and mauve something...

Read the flavor text.

Paranoid parish seems good, first strike helps

Second harvest seems bad

Skinner looks awesome

Gibbering fiend could be good but I doubt I want delerium in red

Manic.scribe....I dint understand. Why do I want to self.mill when I already have delerium?

The 5 mana blue counter get three clues could be good in sealed

G.ZZZ

Elves and D&T are more viable than goblin or any mono Red deck in legacy tbh. Mono black is the real non good mono color in legacy.

OnPoint

Those images are huge... yikes haha

Second Harvest is great. It also doubles your Clue artifacts, which would be cool if that ends up being an alternate win con.

Tangible Virtue is awful.

That dude definitely has Emrakul-tentacles coming out of his sleeve.

Firemind

We've already seen that on Thraben inspector and some other cards.

Anyway, the delirium cycle is pretty good. I think Topplegeist is probably the strongest overall.
I dislike delirium to be honest if only because it introduces goyf math to limited games. Threshold was at least easy to keep track of. It also seems very narrow in limited if you don't have ways to self mill.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
It shouldn't be as bad as threshold because there seems to be much less ways to get cards out of graveyards. It should be much rarer that Delirium turns back "off" once you hit it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom