• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

...isn't that what I just said?
No?
Red based aggro is pretty bad right now and none of the other decks run Wild Slash because it doesn't go to the dome. I think the Prowess deck runs Wild Slash? But that's another deck that's hoping to just avoid any kind of interaction.
The argument doesn't make much sense either way. Red aggro is bad right now so they shouldn't print more Shocks. What?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
No?

The argument doesn't make much sense either way. Red aggro is bad right now so they shouldn't print more Shocks. What?

Whoa there, back up, I didn't say they shouldn't print more Shocks. I said, whether they print a Shock variant or not doesn't really matter in terms of being able to hit Jace.
They literally have to print a new Shock in Shadows to keep Baby Jace in check. If they don't, they're unbelievably naive or ignorant or both.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
But it does matter for red based aggro. That's my point!

It's always possible red-based aggro is dead. That would be surprising to me if there was just nothing to support it, but it wouldn't surprise me if it existed but continued to be bad given that the last block pretty aggressively eliminated everything other than midrange.

Fuuuuuuck me

...actually does being signed make it worth more or less?

Typically less for general-availability cards, but the market for something like an Alpha Lotus is pretty different since it's only going to be a very small number of individual collectors considering it. The signature makes it pretty unique so it's easy to imagine someone paying a lot for it.

noquarter

Fuuuuuuck me

...actually does being signed make it worth more or less?
Usually it is worth a little more, but in the case of a Chris Rush signature right now, I would say it makes it with quite a bit more. His signature got harder to get years ago when someone accused him of stealing their Black Lotus they sent to him to be signed.

Angry Grimace

yeah but nobody wants that dirty richard garfield sig

El Topo

New card is out.
Behold the Beyond 5BB
Sorcery
Discard your hand. Search your library for three cards and put those cards into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

I doubt this will ever see constructed play, but I really like the card nonetheless.

Matriox

New card is out.
Behold the Beyond 5BB
Sorcery
Discard your hand. Search your library for three cards and put those cards into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

I doubt this will ever see constructed play, but I really like the card nonetheless.

mtg02_1457949912.jpg

Here's the image.

bigkrev

New card is out.
Behold the Beyond 5BB
Sorcery

Huh. Shades of Doomsday. This is a stupid powerful effect that obviously means you win the game upon untapping in Modern/Legacy/Vintage.

Haines

Banned
mtg02_1457949912.jpg

Here's the image.

Huh. That's actually playable in limited right? You probably wouldn't be discarding anything and you can grab 3 cards that you need in that situation to win the game which is a huge answer in topdeck wars.

It would suck.to sit in your hand since turn 1 but that goes with any 7 drop. Idk. Could be too slow. Still think I'd play it.

Huh. That's actually playable in limited right? You probably wouldn't be discarding anything and you can grab 3 cards that you need in that situation to win the game which is a huge answer in topdeck wars.

It would suck.to sit in your hand since turn 1 but that goes with any 7 drop. Idk. Could be too slow. Still think I'd play it.

Probably depends on what other good cards you get, but I would think it's pretty likely that I would play it.

El Topo

I'm wondering if it might make sense to use it in a (GB) Ramp deck to get several threats to close the game. Probably not, it's 3am after all. Few things ever make sense at that time.

Haines

Banned
170 cards to spoil still.

Does anybody have a general idea how many cards they spoil in the last Friday? Is it like 50?

Haines

Banned
I'm wondering if it might make sense to use it in a (GB) Ramp deck to get several threats to close the game. Probably not, it's 3am after all. Few things ever make sense at that time.

Could even fetch a card draw or an answer to a threat as well (in limited)

Angry Grimace

It's fine, but its dead in your hand until you have 7 mana. It's one of those "lol EDH" cards that will piss people off when they get it.

WOTC sure does have a boner for useless black sorceries at Mythic, with Worst Fears, Ghastly Conscription, etc.

I wonder how it compares to Yawgmoth's Bargain in Vintage.

It's about 500 billion times worse.

It's more comparable to Doomsday except Doomsday costs 3.

dFwGmAz.jpg

The Card, for reference. This is definitely interesting, better then some recent anthems we've had recently(Though it's not Gideon, AoZ -4). Dies to Dromoka's Command, but that's typical.

Limited? Glorious Anthem is already a constructed level card, and the intangible virtue-esque added vigilance is huge. This card could really push a white-based tokens deck. You've already got Gideon and retreat to emeria in white that serve as passive token generators and anthems. Throw in some dragon fodders and Secure the Wastes and you've got a stew cooking. All that's left is a Midnight Haunting reprint.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";198573757]Limited? Glorious Anthem is already a constructed level card, and the intangible virtue-esque added vigilance is huge. This card could really push a white-based tokens deck. You've already got Gideon and retreat to emeria in white that serve as passive token generators and anthems.[/QUOTE]

It actually doesn't give the bonus to tokens according to Reddit. Granted, it's Reddit, but here's their guess/translation of it:

Name" (1)(W)(W)
Enchantment
Non-token creatures you control gain +1/+1 and vigilance.

I'm also surprised that we didn't see RW Tokens during BFZ/OGW Standard, mostly because I just think this curve sounds nuts:
Turn 1 Swiftspear
Turn 2 Dragon Fodder
Turn 3 Monastery Mentor/Hordeling Outburst/Oath of Gideon
Turn 4 Gideon/Retreat to Emeria/Outpost Siege
Turn 5 Secure the Wastes

add in a few other cards and you could have had a great RW Deck

So is the free to play Magic game worth playing I mean I am having fun with it.

I'm just wondering what the best way to get into this game is, I am craving a TCG that isn't pokemon and I never got into Magic back in the day.

AHAHAHAHAHA

It's like Magic how one clarifier can completely change opinions on cards.

After seeing the Non-token rider, I can't see why any constructed deck would want this. The decks that want a 3 mana nontoken anthem are small as it is. I mean, we won't know the full set until next friday, but aggro decks won't want this(Yes, it's +1/+1 to however many creatures you control when it resolves, but Gideon does it way better on top of making tokens himself) and I can't see Midrange or control wanting it.

Angry Grimace

LOL @ reverse Intangible Virtue holy fuck that is the biggest troll ever
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Please please please tell me it's called "tangible virtue"

It's like Magic how one clarifier can completely change opinions on cards.

After seeing the Non-token rider, I can't see why any constructed deck would want this. The decks that want a 3 mana nontoken anthem are small as it is. I mean, we won't know the full set until next friday, but aggro decks won't want this(Yes, it's +1/+1 to however many creatures you control when it resolves, but Gideon does it way better on top of making tokens himself) and I can't see Midrange or control wanting it.

There was a sligh deck that used anthems a year or so back, but those anthems pumped for +2/+2 and cost 0 mana..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom