• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.
h1y8EPC.png

this card is amazing

I first saw the title and thought, "Wow, German names sure are funky, huh? I wonder what the English name will be." Then I scrolled down and saw that it was in English. I love how it has two choices, but both are the same. EDIT: Wait, they aren't the same, one makes each player gain life, the other makes them lose life. Never mind.

bigkrev

Saw the title, thought it was a foreign language card, and scrolls down looking for the translation.

What a masterpiece of a card.

ultron87

The fact that the trigger always happens (instead of being an intervening if) is great. You don't even have to have them at 13 in their end step. You can do something in response in your upkeep to get them there.

Ashodin

I first saw the title and thought, "Wow, German names sure are funky, huh? I wonder what the English name will be." Then I scrolled down and saw that it was in English. I love how it has two choices, but both are the same. EDIT: Wait, they aren't the same, one makes each player gain life, the other makes them lose life. Never mind.

THE 13 CURSE IS COMING...

I love this card and how cheap it is, depending on the game it can win you games outright hahahaha

EVERYONE STOP CORRECTING ME ON THE EDH BANT DECK :( :( :(

I can just make it Exalted Boros NYAH

Exalted EDH w/o finest hour? I love that card. Recently ended my Bant Exalted deck since I was not making progress with its direction but for years it was my top kitchentable deck.

Mostly due to noble hierarchs which I got for cheap at the prerelease of Alara.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Lol at Invocation. "Hey, remember that one card? Here is an infinitely worse version of it. Enjoy!" But, when I think of it, what removal have we seen? Fiery Temper and ...?

Also, have we seen any Innistrad reprints?

Ashodin

Exalted EDH w/o finest hour? I love that card. Recently ended my Bant Exalted deck since I was not making progress with its direction but for years it was my top kitchentable deck.

Mostly due to noble hierarchs which I got for cheap at the prerelease of Alara.

Yeah but I can run Gisela, Aurelia, all the red "moar combat" cards (Savage Beatdown or w/e) so it'd be interesting

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i don't understand the relevance of gaining one life after they've already lost the game? is it for multiplayer/edh or whatever

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hidetsugu's Thirteenth Rite is pretty cool, don't think its any good. Still rad though.

Fevered Visions on the other hand, fuck yeah. Owling Mine was a rad deck. Don't think there are enough pieces right now though.

Yeah but I can run Gisela, Aurelia, all the red "moar combat" cards (Savage Beatdown or w/e) so it'd be interesting

At that point attacking regularly is gonna be more effective.

One thing is for certain, this set is a flavor home run. It's almost good enough to make me forget BfZ happened.

I'm not feeling this set yet, there's like 2 cards I want the playset of and 1 of each PW and Avacyn and that's it. Limited is probably gonna be sweet. The Angels have been so disappointing aside from Avacyn 3.0.

noquarter

Really like the flavor on the Militia Captain turning to a Cult Leader.

Really hope ill he able to attend a prerelease, this set is looking fantastic.

Firemind

Obvious limited nightmare is obvious, but I wonder if this will see real play. It's cheap and powerful for sure. Just a matter of getting your board full of tokens. Wouldn't mind trying out BW tokens with this and Soren. Maybe that one flip-land as well.
It's no Mayor of Avabruck. Now that was a limited bomb.

Obvious limited nightmare is obvious, but I wonder if this will see real play. It's cheap and powerful for sure. Just a matter of getting your board full of tokens. Wouldn't mind trying out BW tokens with this and Soren. Maybe that one flip-land as well.

My first thought was using it to flip into Ormendahl as well but Militia Captain doesn't flip until you have five creatures on board anyway so that's sort of pointless. B/W tokens definitely seems to be a thing they're pushing though.

DrArchon

It's splittable damage though. Also, there's no limit to the targets if you pay the madness cost. This is a good card.

I wouldn't say it's good. The Madness cost version is good, and the non-Madness version is basically unplayable imo. No point to run it unless you get the Madness version almost every single time.

It's a far cry from Bonfire, that's for sure.

Santiako

Avacyn's Madness is really strong in limited obviously, I don't know what to make of the double damage to yourself angel, I don't think it's big enough to be good, but I could be wrong.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Madness just seems super durdley without playing with it. I'm sure I'll be surprised with how it plays, but I'm not immediately seeing the payoff. One part cynic, one part interested to see it come together.

DrArchon

Avacyn's Madness is really strong in limited obviously, I don't know what to make of the double damage to yourself angel, I don't think it's big enough to be good, but I could be wrong.

I mean, it's basically a 4/5 with flying and haste for 4. How much bigger does it need to be? I certainly wouldn't want to see it get any bigger, or any more abilities.

Santiako

I mean, it's basically a 4/5 with flying and haste for 4. How much bigger does it need to be? I certainly wouldn't want to see it get any bigger, or any more abilities.

I missed the haste part, but I still don't know how good it could be. I'd be scared of playing it in limited :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom