• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3D |OT| Remakes are a Nice Thing to Have… Heh, heh

Dr Dogg

Wooo! Finally here. Granted I got a dispatch email on Tuesday and been pissing about until today but hey patience is a virtue blah, blah, blah. Still on the fence if I want to upgrade to a N3DS now or later.

Tunic

I apologize if this has been answered already and I didn't see it but for those that have the physical version of the game are you able to have more than one save file on the cartridge? I am hoping to only buy one copy of the game for my wife and I to play.

I apologize if this has been answered already and I didn't see it but for those that have the physical version of the game are you able to have more than one save file on the cartridge? I am hoping to only buy one copy of the game for my wife and I to play.
There are three save files in the game. It doesn't matter if the game itself is physical or digital.

gerudoman

Three save slots per game.

Kamina

Golden Boy
It looks like they fixed getting to Ikana without Ice Arrows.
The wall is wider and those Octorcs respwan so fast....

Shauni

The system or the game!? I got the system through that and it shipped yesterday. If you're talking about the game... WHEN DID THEY HAVE THAT!!!???

I was talking about the game. I don't know, I forget when I got it exactly, not long after announcement. It sold out everywhere fast, and someone recommended I go to GS and ask about it through WIS. They had some then.

On that note, just got my e-mail that it has shipped. Should be here by Monday. Hate the wait, but love that Skullkid statue.

I was talking about the game. I don't know, I forget when I got it exactly, not long after announcement. It sold out everywhere fast, and someone recommended I go to GS and ask about it through WIS. They had some then.

On that note, just got my e-mail that it has shipped. Should be here by Monday. Hate the wait, but love that Skullkid statue.

Okay, cool. I was just worried that I missed a recent one! I didn't even know about the Skull Kid Edition until about two weeks after it was announced. Not sure how I missed it! I must have been too obsessed with amiibos at that time.

The figure is actually decent.
stalkidfigyuabuqk1.jpg

Shauni

The figure is actually decent.

Man, I think it looks a step above decent from that pic. I'm really excited to get that actually, going right beside my legit Bowser amiibo and surprising okay B-Mo McyDs toy with the changing facial expression stuck between both happiness and joy.

Rich!

What n3ds is that? I love the buttons.

Black regular size. Launched today in every region along with the White regular and the Black and Blue XL models.

well, apart from Japan (got it last October), Australia (only got the white regular) and America (only getting the XL, not the regular with PAL SNES/SFC colour buttons and faceplates)

Basically its the equivalent of if America never got the DSi, only got the DSi XL whilst all other regions got both.

Bah got my LE from Amazon. As expected the box is all kinds of tore up. Wasn't going to sell it or anything just wanted to keep the box to display the figure in.

darkmagus

I managed to get the game a little early last night, it looks so amazing!!

I played the game until like 3 am, It is so difficult to put this game down, I keep telling myself just one more quest to sleep lol

JerkShep

I already 100% the N64 version some years ago and I remember very little of the sidequests ( I definitely used a guide back then), is almost like going in blind lol, so good. My mind was blown when I saw on the 100% Item FAQ on gamefaqs that you can collect seventeen heart pieces before the first dungeon. There are Zelda games with less than 17 heart pieces in the whole game lol. It definitely enhances the experience knowing that most of the sidequests have a useful reward, be it a heart piece or a mask, not 50 or so rupies. I'll stay away from a guide this time, for sure.

I've been skimming through people's impressions and really looking forward to running through this game again. It's been a couple of years since I've fully replayed this game, so I'm excited for my copy to get here today.

Strange that I am a big fan of the Zelda series, but this is probably the first one that I will have received on release day and at nearly a 50% discount on top of that.

mantidor

I'm really looking forward for impressions of newcomers. As lauded and hyped as MM is, it's certainly a very bizarre game, Nintendo will never make a game like this one again, and to be honest any other developer outside of the indie scene.

ghibli99

I'll be getting this soon, but not on day one. I played it for the first time only about 2 years ago, so it's still a bit too fresh for me. 100%'d it with a guide as well, and had a blast. It's my favorite 3D Zelda.

I'm really looking forward for impressions of newcomers. As lauded and hyped as MM is, it's certainly a very bizarre game, Nintendo will never make a game like this one again, and to be honest any other developer outside of the indie scene.

My guess is that the save system compromises and tatl's additional guidance will help with the first cycle hurdle (which is pretty big IMO) but the ticking clock and sidequest focused nature of the game will still put off a lot of people, as there's still a lot of groundhog day BS in the core of the game's design.

got my fucking LE from Amazon and the box is ripped and smashed. So fucking pissed.

Oh shit, that's awful! D: maybe talk to amazon's customer service? They're apparently pretty good.

bobawesome

Bah got my LE from Amazon. As expected the box is all kinds of tore up. Wasn't going to sell it or anything just wanted to keep the box to display the figure in.

I had the same experience with my copy of Shinovi Versus back in October. Was it shipped in a bubble mailer?

Revven

Goal today is to do the first cycle and then stop playing until my MM3DSXL comes in... still waiting for shipping confirmation from Best Buy though. :(

andymcc

Banned
Amazon gave me a $10 credit and a partial refund. Don't even have to return the game.

So... uh... that eases the pain a little.

Aru

I mostly don't care about the time mechanic in this game, but it's really stressing to be in a dungeon when the time limit is close. Restarting a dungeon from scratch is not fun. Hopefully it hasn't happened to me yet, but I was really close to it because I had to search carefully for the fairies and knowing I would have to search them again if I fail is really disturbing. Oh well, I could always save and try again.

The game is good but so far I'm not enjoying it as much as OoT or TP, or even ALBW.

Kriken

It's the long out of print 4F4 figure. I got it a few years ago for $290 on ebay.

You can find it here...

I like it, but not $1000 like it, nice figure though

Amazon gave me a $10 credit and a partial refund. Don't even have to return the game.

So... uh... that eases the pain a little.

Well it's something, sorry to hear. Had something similar with the WWHD LE, I was just fortunate enough Gamestop had that extra 2 left in their warehouse

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I get sad every time I bring up the item/mask menu and see that glorious 60fps :(

Oh well, it's Majora and it's godlike. I couldn't even force myself to wait until my New 3DS arrived.

Aye, I have the game and got off work early, but I don't want to start playing until the sun goes down. It's too bright in my apartment.

But I want to play now...

pls halp :(

Top Bottom