• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3D |OT| Remakes are a Nice Thing to Have… Heh, heh

Chaos17

Ambien.

Rich and I both found the camera controls troublesome because the game wasn't made with them in mind. It gets stuck around corners and clips through walls and doesn't change position until you press L again.
That's not true for the new 3DS because they built a camera function for it.
They said it themself in the recent Iwata ask.

Rich!

It's not random. It's based on the order you catch them. :)

wee-bey-gif.gif

JerkShep

I mostly don't care about the time mechanic in this game, but it's really stressing to be in a dungeon when the time limit is close. Restarting a dungeon from scratch is not fun. Hopefully it hasn't happened to me yet, but I was really close to it because I had to search carefully for the fairies and knowing I would have to search them again if I fail is really disturbing. Oh well, I could always save and try again.

The game is good but so far I'm not enjoying it as much as OoT or TP, or even ALBW.

With a full cycle and the inverted song of time you should have plenty of time to do one dungeon. There's no dungeon in Zelda history that takes more than three hours to be completed, you should be fine.

I'm not sure how I feel about new Odawa.
I liked how the original boss fight was like a straight up ruck, made a change from the weak point formula. Now I'm all for dropping Deku nut bombs on his noggin as that's a criminally underused ability for Deku Link but it's strange to me that doing that is an instant knockdown yet using arrows like I was at first takes like 3 hits to stun which led me to think literally nuts to this. The arrow process itself basically involved skirting around him until his lack of peripheral vision (than dang mask!) made him lose sight of Link right next to him, or until he just starts dancing, whichever comes first.
Basically it was a shameful boss fight until I dropped some nuts.

Deku Butler is still the man, should've been in the Hyrule Warriors MM DLC, always loved those scrubs.

Oh and I'm loving the updated interiors in this game so far, I feel as if MM always had a cozy atmosphere in its buildings and now more so than ever.

Rich!

edit: actually fuck, I'm not even gonna risk posting this! Mods can see what I originally posted, it's all good - just didn't want to tempt fate and ruin the game for myself!

anyhow! Time to take on the pirate fortress! I uh...need to remember how to get the stone mask. I forgot. um.

El Jaffe

edit: actually fuck, I'm not even gonna risk posting this! Mods can see what I originally posted, it's all good - just didn't want to tempt fate and ruin the game for myself!

anyhow! Time to take on the pirate fortress! I uh...need to remember how to get the stone mask. I forgot. um.
Use the eye of Truth in the lead up to Ikana Valley
Theres an invisible Guard there who needs a red potion

The figure is nice, I'm so glad I managed to get in a preorder!

I thought this game was supposed to be in 60fps, though, it seems to drop frames a bit on top of 30 even. Which is a shame, but it's still a significant improvement over the original.

Revven

First cycle done. Man, this game brings back memories holy shit. Clock Town is totally different, though, at least the main area you first walk into -- lots of stuff shifted around. Gives it a new feel while still being the same game.

So I slowed down time and then saved the game. Done for today but I can tell I'm really going to want to 100% this first save file, I'm excited.

-TK-

This game is too good. I can't believe how the heck they nailed so many things right with the game. An atmosphere, characters, side-quests, clock town, music and the best part = only four dungeon. This and Super Metroid are probably the two best games I've ever played. Why are the towns in Twilight Princess so empty and dull? We need more clock towns!

Rich!

I wonder if the dips in 3D are still the on the New 3DS.

It's the same on both. Tested myself. Been playing since Wednesday exclusively on my New XL, and there are massive slowdowns in areas such as the grassy patches around the log tunnel in south termina field. Tested it today on my OG 3DS and its exactly the same.

Remember, the game is not optimized for the N3DS in any way whatsoever. I would be surprised if it is even set to recognize that it is on a N3DS. The C-Stick and ZL/ZR functions in MM3D are not registered as N3DS functions. They are registered as a circle pad pro. The N3DS can emulate a circle pad pro.

It's the same on both. Tested myself. Been playing since Wednesday exclusively on my New XL, and there are massive slowdowns in areas such as the grassy patches around the log tunnel in south termina field. Tested it today on my OG 3DS and its exactly the same.

Remember, the game is not optimized for the N3DS in any way whatsoever. I would be surprised if it is even set to recognize that it is on a N3DS. The C-Stick and ZL/ZR functions in MM3D are not registered as N3DS functions. They are registered as a circle pad pro. The N3DS can emulate a circle pad pro.

I hope they patch this shit. Very uncool.

Black regular size. Launched today in every region along with the White regular and the Black and Blue XL models.

well, apart from Japan (got it last October), Australia (only got the white regular) and America (only getting the XL, not the regular with PAL SNES/SFC colour buttons and faceplates)

Basically its the equivalent of if America never got the DSi, only got the DSi XL whilst all other regions got both.

Damn, I NEED those buttons in my life.

Rich!

Damn, I NEED those buttons in my life.

same. I had one on order, but resisted the temptation. Next time I'm in town, I may not be able to resist buying one from GAME or Argos.

just look at this fucker:

IMG_0118_zpsbcbad3a1.jpg

I already have a New XL.....but damn, those faceplates and button colours are making it impossible to resist the regular size. I need to stay away from my local GAME store. fuck.

CassSept

I probably won't play it until summer (though it is really REALLY tempting, I want to play all 3D Zeldas in order though and if I start MM now I'll never get around to Xenoblade), but just wanted to throw in my two random musings about Limited Edition (EU):

1. The back of the steelbook reinforces my opinion that the art of Majora's Mask is really great, it looks even better in person, printed out.

2. The pin badge was what ultimately put me over the fence on grabbing LE and it's worth it. It looked great in renders, but how it pans out varies from time to time. It's even better now that I have it in my hands, it's really as detailed as the render would lead you to believe, just amazing and honestly, kinda bizarre after years of MM being kinda in a limbo as far as Nintendo's recognition of the game goes that it really does exist.

Oh well, have fun dudes. I better bail because these photos of N3DS are pwetty and I don't want to spend more money :(

got my Majora's Mask LE from EBGames with expressing Purolator shipping. arrived in perfect condition. Here's it with a couple of my other purchases:

iZAuiwFp9KsGk.jpg

My only issue is that while I appreciate the new camera control, I don't really find myself using it.

That's not true for the new 3DS because they built a camera function for it.
They said it themself in the recent Iwata ask.

Uh, yeah, it's totally true actually. I know because I've played it on a new 3ds. The camera control is a total afterthought. The game was not built to have one.

Rich!

Did they change the stray fairies about? I'm having trouble finding them in Snowhead.

They are slightly different in Woodfall (the one under the bridge with the Majora's Mask block in the water is now
in a beehive
).

Every single one in Snowhead is in exactly the same place as in the N64 version. Even the tricky last one and the one hidden in
a crate above a doorframe that you have to throw a perfectly timed bomb at

I haven't got to Great Bay Temple yet, so I don't know about that or Stone Tower. I assume they made Woodfall easier so that new players get the magic upgrade with less hassle.

banofypie

Banned
They are slightly different in Woodfall (the one under the bridge with the Majora's Mask block in the water is now
in a beehive
).

Every single one in Snowhead is in exactly the same place as in the N64 version. Even the tricky last one and the one hidden in
a crate above a doorframe that you have to throw a perfectly timed bomb at

I haven't got to Great Bay Temple yet, so I don't know about that or Stone Tower. I assume they made Woodfall easier so that new players get the magic upgrade with less hassle.

That one you mentioned in Woodfall threw me for a minute, but I guess I'm just not looking in the right places closely enough if it's the same in Snowhead. I'll look again.

Rajack

My LE and NN3DS LE both got cancelled today. Thanks a fucking lot Best Buy. Those are now 2 items that will never grace my collection. Goddamn scalpers...

watershed

Banned
Those faceplates are so sweet. Damn NoA for not bringing over the N3ds but really damn Nintendo for not making faceplates for the N3ds XL. I want the big screens and the customizable faceplates! And the colored buttons too!

Edit: Wrong thread!

Anth0ny

just finished woodfall

thoughts so far:

-frame rate is nice
-new odolwa batter is neat. I don't think it's particularly better or worse than the original. Just different.
-the notebook notifications are pretty annoying. it's constant. I wish there was an option to turn them off.

Onto Snowhead.

Kriken

Huh, finished everything in the first cycle before 3 AM... now to wait
and play the deku mini game

Also, yeah that scarecrow was changed, shame

Neiteio

When a dark wizard magically traps us inside the world of Majora's Mask, it'll be Richisawesome who says, "STOP," halting the group with one hand while he sniffs the air, scratches his chin, and slowly says, "...something is different here."

In other words, I agree with Nocturnowl that our buddy Rich has an encyclopedic knowledge of the game and is only humoring us peasants when he claims to have forgotten something!

Mistle

God damn.

When I started yesterday I spammed through the dialog when they tell you the code. I didn't realize they only told you once -_-

Luckily I was able to brute force my way through lol
Keep spamming through dialogue and you're going to have a VERY tough time with the game, while also missing out on the best aspect of it- the characters.

Anyone else getting weird camera issues in Clock Town at the start of the game? I'll pan the camera around and every so often it will completely bug out..

Rich!

Anyone else getting weird camera issues in Clock Town at the start of the game? I'll pan the camera around and every so often it will completely bug out..

Yeah. I got it too. It happens in the original. This is an enhanced port, so some glitches will remain as its derived from the base N64 code

Odd they didn't fix it.

Someone refresh my memory, at what point should I be going for the Mask of Truth? waltzed in to the hunt too early last cycle and there was slight sadness.
Having done Woodfall I feel like it's almost time when I get some bombs.

Top Bottom