• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3D |OT| Remakes are a Nice Thing to Have… Heh, heh

McNum

Heart piece spoilers

1.) In front of the tower entrance
2.) Peahat
3.) Dodongo
4.) Keaton
5.) Postman Hat on mailbox (bottle for giving the letter to Kafei's mom directly)
6.) Business Scrub secret stash
7.) Dancers
8.) Bunny Hood up slide
9.) Deku scrub 3 day minigame
10.) Hand in toilet
11.) Master Swordsman minigame
12.) 10 second postman minigame
13.) 5000 rupees in bank
Thanks!

Ah, I should rematch
the Peahat. I got hit once and then the game started beeping.
Exit Link, Song of Soaring stage... up? That really is a get out of jail free card. I'll get some of the easier heart pieces and go again.

So, next plan is...
The Postman's Hat
. I guess I know where to get that...

RagnarokX

Im shocked how good the stable 3d is. I can gyro aim with it and not lose 3d at all it just works.

I had severe crosstalk issues on the og 3ds with oot which made me play exlusively in 2d so I threw oot3d in to see if it was better and I didnt notice any in the 5 mins I played

Yeah, I had to play OoT3D in 2D because of the crosstalk. Pretty much only game I had that big a problem with.

zeldarocks

Neo Member
Does anybody have a complete list of the various fish in the game, from what I'm seeing, it's pretty diverse
and makes good use of some of the masks.

Any rewards from the various fish?

When there's 5 minutes left the soldiers at the entrances start visibly shaking in fear. If that was in the original I never noticed that...

SirNinja

I feel like Link's run speed is much slower in the 3DS game. Maybe i'm wrong but it just feels so slow to me.

Hard to tell, it seems about the same.

On the flip side, the Bunny Hood speed seems even faster than before. I have that thing on a corner touchscreen button at all times.

zeldarocks

Neo Member
How extensive is the new Bomber's Notebook? Will it record information for every piece of heart, every mask, and every upgrade?

Bogeypop

When there's 5 minutes left the soldiers at the entrances start visibly shaking in fear. If that was in the original I never noticed that...

DLjRYq1.gif

EVERYONE has unique dialogue as the moon is
falling
, but most people miss it because they're panicking trying to finish up whatever they were doing before resetting time.

Blablurn

I have to get used to the fact that there is no hand holding. That I need to find out everything by myself haha. I became so casual in the last years.

McNum

Huh, didn't know you could do this... Early game spoiler.

Bunny Hood acquired! The ranch opens on the dawn of the third day, and there's nothing really stopping you from getting the Bremen Mask there and do the chicken dance while the world is ending.

So, time to find out what else to do... Should probably buy some maps from Tingle.

Bogeypop

Huh, didn't know you could do this... Early game spoiler.

Bunny Hood acquired! The ranch opens on the dawn of the third day, and there's nothing really stopping you from getting the Bremen Mask there and do the chicken dance while the world is ending.

So, time to find out what else to do... Should probably buy some maps from Tingle.

Pretty much the tip everyone's giving people playing for the first time.

I always forget with each playthrough: do I need the Hookshot for the Swamp Spider House, or can I just run in there and collect the tokens? Trying to do everything I can before heading for the ocean.

McNum

Pretty much the tip everyone's giving people playing for the first time.
Which might explain why I felt so constrained by the time limit in the original. This time around, I've chosen not to care much. I save when I'm done playing, or just put the 3DS in sleep mode, and resume at the exact moment of the cycle that I left off. The pressure is still there, though. But I can take breaks when I feel like it. Funny enough, I could have done that with the owl statues in the original, too, well, except the whole sleep mode anywhere thing.

I really am enjoying the game so much more on 3DS than the original on any format. The increased framerate most likely has a lot to say here, too.

Bogeypop

I always forget with each playthrough: do I need the Hookshot for the Swamp Spider House, or can I just run in there and collect the tokens? Trying to do everything I can before heading for the ocean.

You do not need the
Hookshot
. Instead you'll need
two Magic Beans and two Spring Waters

McNum

Actually, quick question. Is there a surefire way to get bombs on day one? I mean, I can buy some, but since there's that
Silver Rupee
in the waterways that need a bomb to get, it'd be nice to start off each non-critical cycle by picking that up.

Actually, quick question. Is there a surefire way to get bombs on day one? I mean, I can buy some, but since there's that
Silver Rupee
in the waterways that need a bomb to get, it'd be nice to start off each non-critical cycle by picking that up.
Grab the
bomb mask
from the first night.

quabba

How extensive is the new Bomber's Notebook? Will it record information for every piece of heart, every mask, and every upgrade?

The bombers notebook will track all the masks but its the sheik stone that tracks the heart pieces. Each one is numbered and it will mark the ones you have found

Wait a minute, did they remove the
Cremia hug scene? I just fended off the thieves and all she did was give me a mask. Aw, that sucks.

Edit: I'm a dolt. It's been so many years since I've played this. Just remembered
I gotta do it twice for that scene.

Wait a minute, did they remove the
Cremia hug scene? I just fended off the thieves and all she did was give me a mask. Aw, that sucks.

Edit: I'm a dolt. It's been so many years since I've played this. Just remembered
I gotta do it twice for that scene.
Whaaat? Why would they remove that scene? I guess you are doing something wrong
edit: nvm lol

gerudoman

I'm somewhat disappointed that the Zelda with the most heart pieces doesn't have an in-game checklist for them aside for the ones related to the Bomber's notebook... I'm keeping track of the ones I get in a Word file, I don't want to come back to the game months later and have to check all 52 ones to see which ones I'm missing.

quabba

I'm somewhat disappointed that the Zelda with the most heart pieces doesn't have an in-game checklist for them aside for the ones related to the Bomber's notebook... I'm keeping track of the ones I get in a Word file, I don't want to come back to the game months later and have to check all 52 ones to see which ones I'm missing.

It totally does in the shiek stone in clock tower. All numbered with hints.

Even though I beated Snowhead Temple a couple of times it still challenges my head. I really love the complex level design here, not comparable to new Zelda games

Ants

So, is it just me, or, in the original, did
Goron Link
's third attack more closely resemble a fart? He, like, sticks his butt out longer and the screen shakes more intensely. I always interpreted that as him letting rip a huge fart, and I'm crushed that it's not there anymore.

Even though I beated Snowhead Temple a couple of times it still challenges my head. I really love the complex level design here, not comparable to new Zelda games

That's one of the things I like most about this Zelda. It just assumes you played some sort of previous games so it gets right to it with complex dungeons.

rocK`

Banned
So I've been way too out of the loop. Do I need a new 3ds for this game? Or is it just suggested?

If so, where the heck do I find one in NA?

Why are some people upset about Goath? I think he is even more fun than he was in the original. And sometimes hes falling vertically so you still can beat him with the Goron.

McNum

So I've been way too out of the loop. Do I need a new 3ds for this game? Or is it just suggested?

No. This game runs perfectly fine on any old 3DS (or 2DS for that matter). The N3DS has a c-stick you can use to move the camera, but this can also be done with a Circle Pad Pro if you have one.

But it's no major loss not to be able to do that.

You do not need a new 3ds, any of the old models will play it. The only additional feature when you do have one is 3d camera control, but it really isn't needed for this game and a circle pad pro will do the same thing.

There's something about the moon in this game in 3D that really fucks with my eyes, even on the new 3DS. I see double like crazy looking at it. A shame too because the rest of the game looks pretty fantastic with this new 3D.

I'm having the exact same problem. Since it was the first game is tried on my n3ds I thought my system is broken. Actually I tried to close one eye at a time and saw that the doubled moon is only on one side. It is rather strange.

fantomena

Received my copy today of both Majoras Mask 3D and Monster Hunter 4 U. Will play these while Im waiting for The Order 188.

Any tip/hints before I dig into Majoras Mask I need? Never played it before.

Bogeypop

Like the
Magic Beans
? I've just beaten Woodfall Temple, I don't know if I can get all Skulltulas as of now.

That and a few other things. You can get all of them, but will probably have to make a few trips back to the
Skulltula House
since you won't have enough
bottles

McNum

Heart piece spoilers
4.) Keaton
5.) Postman Hat on mailbox (bottle for giving the letter to Kafei's mom directly)
6.) Business Scrub secret stash
7.) Dancers
Quoting again, because these four puzzle me a bit. Before the swamp...

You made
Kafei give up his Keaton Mask, AND got him to send that letter? How did you do that? Don't you need to go to that bandit hideout to get that far in this sidequest?

I'll be honest, I have no idea where you're talking about with the
secret stash. Tried flying all over South Clock Town, at least after getting the flower from the Scrub. Is it there or somewhere else entirely?

Also, I remember needing a mask to
inspire those dancing twins in the original. That's what you're talking about, correct?
Although, I can't remember at all how to get it or even which one it is.

So far I'm up to 4.75 hearts. Embarrassingly, the
Peahat one
cost me a Game Over to get, but it doesn't seem like the game keeps track of that this time. I am also become very lazy. If I'm anywhere in Clock Town and need to be in South Clock Town, I soar there. If I need to wait an hour, I Double Song of Time it. The time limit has already become a mere plaything for Link at this point.

Top Bottom