• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3D |OT| Remakes are a Nice Thing to Have… Heh, heh

Just completed everything I needed to do on the first day of the game to get the Ocarina back, are there any sidequests/items I can get during this time? I forget.

Woodfall temple, Fairies, Sniffing Mask thing, Blue potion, swamp shooing minigame, Pictograph contest, all complete in one day... AW YEAH.

Bogeypop

Just completed everything I needed to do on the first day of the game to get the Ocarina back, are there any sidequests/items I can get during this time? I forget.

You could get some Rupees and buy yourself a
Bomb Bag
, and also do the Deku Scrub
miini-game
near the
Great Fairy Fountain
each of the three days for a
Heart Piece
on the third day.

So... did the music get remastered? did we get some new tracks? I never could play the original so...
EDIT: Also sometimes the screen gets smaller.... why is that?

It does that when it's counting down the last few seconds until the next day.

TaKeRx

Thanks everyone! I stopped playing because i had financial troubles back then. I'll hold off on playing MM before I can snag a copy of OOT.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Thanks everyone! I stopped playing because i had financial troubles back then. I'll hold off on playing MM before I can snag a copy of OOT.
giphy.gif

So... did the music get remastered? did we get some new tracks? I never could play the original so...
EDIT: Also sometimes the screen gets smaller.... why is that?
Are you talking about the camera being drunk and zooming out, or the screen getting smaller right when a new day is coming? It's a strange effect, looks like it just kills the resolution or what...

Iwata Asks said:
Sano: I was originally a fan of the Nintendo 64 version so I played it when it was out, but...I was one of those that lost the challenge! (laughs)

Iwata: You couldn't clear the game?

Sano: Unfortunately, no.

:|

I get that people that didn't like majora's mask already were the target audience for this port but jeez.

MattyG

Banned
Aww man anyone else get the Majora's Mask CE guide? It's BEAUTIFUL.

I suck at making cool photos but I tried:

It only cost me €18, but I would've paid double that. It's so pretty :D
Mine's coming on Monday. Then I'll have all of the hardcover guides except ALBW, which I can't find anywhere now.

Meh3D

Any graphical differences when playing this game on the old 3DS or the N3DS? Think I recall texturing to be improved in some games. Remember seeing pictures somewhere of this.

I get that people that didn't like majora's mask already were the target audience for this port but jeez.

I mini-raged when I read that exchange yesterday. Valuing the gaming opinion of someone who can't beat a 1998 Nintendo game. Do they think all those people who bought the Famicom returned it to the store because the games were too hard? Are children dumber today than they were 25 years ago, that they need tutorials in every game?
don't answer that

gerudoman

The new Bomber's Notebook is fantastic, I've been running all over Clock Town adding events to my notebook. Not a fan of the Happy Mask Salesman just straight up giving it to you, but I guess its useful for new players.

I'm actually really surprised there has been nothing blatantly telling you how to slow or fast forward time.
What I like the most about the new notebook is the hint system. Makes exploration much easier without giving away anything, and helps making the Bombers feel like an actual society worried about Clock Town.

AaronMT86

This is my first play through of Majora’s Mask ever, and this has probably been asked many times but how come completing ‘events’ (e.g, getting a heart piece) and being rewarded doesn’t move items from my Bomber’s Notebook into the completed category, it adds the to the on-going events subsection at the top?

Dear Nintendo.

I need a patch for Ocarina of Time that allows me to use the C-Stick/Circle Pad Pro to control the camera.

I need it now.

Sincerely,
Me

Weiss

Banned
No, without magic. Press R as much as you like and you can swim like in the original. Press R and jump out of the water! hooray!

No I mean, can you still swim quickly without using magic? I know that when you empty the bar you can do dashes, but does it still work when you have magic?

Socreges

Banned
This is my first play through of Majora’s Mask ever, and this has probably been asked many times but how come completing ‘events’ (e.g, getting a heart piece) and being rewarded doesn’t move items from my Bomber’s Notebook into the completed category, it adds the to the on-going events subsection at the top?
Maybe they're not Complete yet?

Though I've completed all 3 days of the Deku coin game in the North side of town and it's still Ongoing...?

JeTmAn81

So I don't think I ever even got to the swamp in my previous attempts to play this game. Yay new Zelda! How do I pull a fish out of the water?

You could get some Rupees and buy yourself a
Bomb Bag
, and also do the Deku Scrub
miini-game
near the
Great Fairy Fountain
each of the three days for a
Heart Piece
on the third day.

Too late to do the latter, (I didn't finish the bombers quest until day 2) but I can definitely do the former.

Bogeypop

I... I think I just made Link a murderer. B-b-but it's not my fault! I didn't have my sword! It was getting
upgraded
! I just wanted to have some fun, mess around, have a laugh. I didn't think it would be so serious! I would have just arrowed
Sakon
if I knew using the
Blast Mask
while he had a
bag full of bombs
would make him explode! I needed that
Old Lady
to make her
delivery
so I could get the
Bigger Bomb Bag
I missed out on because I didn't
have enough Rupees
!

Busaiku

Haha man, that first cycle.
Even though I know what the game's about, I still freaked out, thinking I was doing something wrong.

And now I'm not even doing any of the story.

B2B50

Neo Member
I... I think I just made Link a murderer. B-b-but it's not my fault! I didn't have my sword! It was getting
upgraded
! I just wanted to have some fun, mess around, have a laugh. I didn't think it would be so serious! I would have just arrowed
Sakon
if I knew using the
Blast Mask
while he had a
bag full of bombs
would make him explode! I needed that
Old Lady
to make her
delivery
so I could get the
Bigger Bomb Bag
I missed out on because I didn't
have enough Rupees
!

Arrows would have caused him to explode as well, unless they've changed that in the remake.

Bogeypop

Arrows would have caused him to explode as well, unless they've changed that in the remake.

Giving up the
Bigger Bomb Bag
for the
Gilded Sword
, I'll take that trade then I suppose. RIP in peace
Sakon
. Until next reset.

Arc07

Completely forgot the song of time doesn't save the game anymore and lost about 4 hours of progress.

Marjar

Banned
I was originally not so sure about the revamped boss battles, but they're actually a lot better than the originals so far. Odolwa was especially way better, since in the original game he was just kinda weird and clunky and awkward.

People really were overreacting with these changes.

I was originally not so sure about the revamped boss battles, but they're actually a lot better than the originals so far. Odolwa was especially way better, since in the original game he was just kinda weird and clunky and awkward.

People really were overreacting with these changes.

I've liked the first two so far. I think Goht is way more fun now. (Not that it wasn't before)

Majestad

Banned
The bombers location at the beginning of the game were changed, right? I swear I remember there was one bomber that grabbed a cucco and flied away haha.

I probably didn't 100% the game in terms of every heart piece when I was 10, but I never knew that people struggled so much with the game. It's a good mix between open-ended and linear without making you feel lost. There's a lot more (unobtrusive) hand-holding in the remake, though, and they've done a lot to remove any potential frustration from the game, so hopefully people won't struggle as much this time around. It almost feels like there's more of an established quest system now with the new Bomber's Notebook.

Anyway, what did they change with Goht? I don't remember the original boss battle that well, but all it takes now is to
roll into it a few times as Goron Link and then shoot/stab/punch its eye
. I'm guessing they made it a lot easier.

JonnyKong

I'm finding it really hard to get the perfect 30 points from the swordsman. Is there an easy technique I'm just being oblivious to? I can only usually jump cut four of the eight or so logs. It just seems completely random to me whether or not link is lined up at the right angle.

I'm useless :(

I'm finding it really hard to get the perfect 30 points from the swordsman. Is there an easy technique I'm just being oblivious to? I can only usually jump cut four of the eight or so logs. It just seems completely random to me whether or not link is lined up at the right angle.

Yeah, do a jump attack for each of the logs. Use side jumps and rolls to get between them. Make sure you are at the right distance or Link will miss. Took me a few tries yesterday.

McNum

Lock on, the poke the circle pad so Link moves a little, the direction doesn't really matter. Then press A. He'll jump and hit, and since you moved, he will automatically have circle-strafed the target, so he's pointed at it.

JonnyKong

Lock on, the poke the circle pad so Link moves a little, the direction doesn't really matter. Then press A. He'll jump and hit, and since you moved, he will automatically have circle-strafed the target, so he's pointed at it.

Thank you very much for this. Will give it a try later :)

Top Bottom