• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3D |OT| Remakes are a Nice Thing to Have… Heh, heh

Mudron

This.

How do I store title deeds and items before I reset ?

I'm not sure what happens to title deeds when you reset (seeing as the deed trading quests are designed to be replayable, I'd imagine they can't be saved when you reset), but I know for a fact that bombs and arrows can't be saved, and rupees can only be saved if you deposit them in the bank behind the clock tower.

First time playing Majora's Mask and I'm really struggling to get my head round the time mechanic. I'm on the "second" three days and I don't really know how much I should try and do because I don't know what I'll lose when I have to go back in time.

First time playing Majora's Mask and I'm really struggling to get my head round the time mechanic. I'm on the "second" three days and I don't really know how much I should try and do because I don't know what I'll lose when I have to go back in time.

You lose everything that isn't a major item.

Try to at least learn the song you need to open the dungeon. That way you can just go straight to the dungeon when you restart the cycle.

Squishy3

Any important items (masks, bottles, etc.) get saved, but stuff like deku nuts, fairies, potions, etc. don't get saved. Rupees can be saved if you place them in the bank. Progress in side quests is not retained, but all the relevant info is in your bombers notebook.

Got 10.06 on
the Postman's game
. Still not good enough, what.

Haha, I shamelessly used a timer on Google. I may refuse to look up anything to help me through the game (I am so stumped on how to get that bunny mask), but I didn't feel bad doing that. Especially since I had so few rupees at the time :D

Went to get the stone mask.

uh....right. The dude isnt there. Well, I guess that's been changed.

Yeah, I'm also surprised by that. I wonder if there is a better quest now involving the mask.

Also..

You won't get 2 heart pieces from the Kreaton fox anymore, instead of doing the same two times, they added a entirely new quest where you have to deliver milk to Gorman. Really cool, new quests are always welcome !

ShadowOwl

A bit OT but does anyone know if the c stick is usable in OoT3D as well?
Even if I can't verify it:

MM 3D has just been released and required a lot of programming to get the new camera system working for the C-stick (check the latest Iwata asks)

OoT 3D is from 2011.

Do the math.

Anyway, what did they change with Goht? I don't remember the original boss battle that well, but all it takes now is to
roll into it a few times as Goron Link and then shoot/stab/punch its eye
. I'm guessing they made it a lot easier.

Goht is actually harder. In the original you could
spam the hell out of the roll attack after stunning him for constant damage
. Now you have to
attack the eye directly, instead of just plowing through him anywhere on his body

You lose all "consumable" items - meaning ammo for items, items in bottles, and items that you can trade away for rewards (you'll see these in the right and bottom margins when you play the Song of Time). The one exception is
Fishing Passes
, which inexplicably remain in your inventory (probably because it'd be annoying to have to re-obtain them every cycle when they're not actually part of a story-driven quest).

Dr. Buni

Second dungeon beaten.
That eye on Goht's back is... grotesque, to say the least. They dumbed down the boss fight, which doesn't make sense since it wasn't hard to begin with.

Rich!

Hahahaha hoooly shit

I gave up trying to find the stone mask because
the soldier is no longer in the place he was in MM64
. Defeated, I went to the pirate fortress anyway.

Guess what?
the soldier with the stone mask is in the fortress now

Makes no sense

Hahahaha hoooly shit

Guess what?

Makes no sense

I guess people weren't making the connection, or found the mask too late to be of use in the hideout. The mask was almost made for that purpose alone, so placing it near the hideout makes perfect sense.

Arkain

It was even easier. In the original all you had to do was
wait for him to run around the corner and shoot an arrow at him. 12 of these and he was dead. You lterally just start the fight and stand where it begins and lob arrows at him. No goron mask necessary.

It was insultingly easy ha ha

I had a friend who would always use that tactic in his playthroughs. I could never understand why, as the "real" way to defeat him is a lot faster and a lot more fun.

Hahahaha hoooly shit

Guess what?

Makes no sense

I'm OK with this change. They changed his dialogue to reflect what he trying to accomplish as well, so it makes sense to me.

I wonder if the MM edition n3DS XL will have ample supply like the Link Between Worlds edition. I'm holding out, trying to, until after E3. But I'm really wanting to get the game.

Mista

Banned
Got it today! Majora's Mask is my all-time favorite Zelda.

This version is so NEAT and I am loving it! Just grabbed the
Moon Tear

Beautiful thread, thanks OP.

JonnyKong

Someone please tell me what the strange thing is I'm supposed to take a picture of.

Wait, as I type this I've suddenly had a burst of inspiration. Is it the moon?

samn

This just arrived from thegamecollection (had only ordered yesterday afternoon - cracking service). Booted it up, saw how gorgeous the title screen looked then remembered I'm still stuck in the water temple of OOT. Then I booted up OOT and lost the will to play it after a few minutes of stumbling around not sure where I had gotten to in the first place.

MAX PAYMENT

Just beat OOT again. Been years since I last beat it. Unbelievable what they were able to accomplish so long ago.

Currently downloading majora. I'd love to be able to these in 1080p on the tv!

Hey doods, anyone have a rough ballpark guess on how much this would be worth?

cZuYZ1r.jpg

There is a guy selling/trading for it on Craigslist and I already offered him a sealed copy of my MM soundtrack. But if I'm not getting totally screwed, I might be willing to trade him my extra LE MM game w/ the Skull Kid figurine.

i just got the ocarina and save the game then took a break 'til tonight. It brought back so many memories. I'm loving it so far and some of these changes got me. I didn't realize some things move to different area.

It make me wish Nintendo would go back to Ocarina of Time era and do a 3rd one with dat music. It's time for Link to find Navi again for one last adventure.

MattyG

Banned
So I've done the first dungeon, I have 5 hearts and have done a few sidequests in Clock Town. I feel like I've hit a wall in terms of how far I can progress in sidequests, so should I move on to the next dungeon? I feel like I'm not doing things in the right order or I'm skipping stuff or something though, which is why I'm hesistant to move to the next dungeon.

And can I turn off the mask transition animations for the deku mask?

Eh? Its exactly the same in layout and the egg locations are unchanged.

Really? Then the graphics were so strongly polished that I cant remember the places anymore, outstanding work.

And well the fact that you can't get the stone mask before you enter the fortress allows for a deeper gameplay experience.

I like the
new location for the Stone Mask. It's a really neat idea to place it in the fortress and let Tael give a hint to you. It was a typical Zelda AHA moment for me!

Kriken

I guess people weren't making the connection, or found the mask too late to be of use in the hideout. The mask was almost made for that purpose alone, so placing it near the hideout makes perfect sense.

This would make sense, it doesn't serve much purpose elsewhere

Rich!

And can I turn off the mask transition animations for the deku mask?

Yes! You uh, press any button. Its kinda funny you never noticed that you can skip that cutscene by simply pressing a button. Same goes for the cut scenes for slowing down time, speeding up time and warping via the song of soaring.

JonnyKong

Found it! Jeez, I should probably play the game instead of asking Gaf all the time lolz.

Yes I realise I'm now talking to myself.

KevinG

Trying to buy the dire moon theme but the connection keeps timing out. Anyone else having issues?

Edit: The entire eShop keeps timing out before I'm connected.

At the "Preparing... Do not turn off the system or remove the SD card."

Top Bottom