• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3D |OT| Remakes are a Nice Thing to Have… Heh, heh

MattyG

Banned
I used a guide to figure out how to initiate a sidequest. I am ashamed of my deeds. This save file is tainted.

Figuring out some of these schedules is haaaaard.

Tookay

Thanks for the post. Did watch a debunking video before actually. The theories are all based on assuming something though really, no way to know you'll be right with Nintendo confirming really.
The video made a good point that the emptiness statue for Link also has coloured eyes while the statues based from the dead too, so that's a point with him being alive. Thought the video was reaching in some points to be fair, but hard to downright deny without confirmation really. I just thought it was odd at the end Link was just told to go while they celebrated after all he did and what they went through, if it was like symbolism for accepting he was dead, makes sense, I don't know. I quite like how the game is open to different interpretations and etc. though, guess that makes it quite a unique zelda in that regard.
Adult Zelda sends Link away before the big celebration in OoT too and he wasn't dead there. I wouldn't put much stock in that part of the theory - it's a storytelling trope that the hero leaves on another adventure rather than sticks around for the festivities.

RagnarokX

Thanks for the post. Did watch a debunking video before actually. The theories are all based on assuming something though really, no way to know you'll be right with Nintendo confirming really.
The video made a good point that the emptiness statue for Link also has coloured eyes while the statues based from the dead too, so that's a point with him being alive. Thought the video was reaching in some points to be fair, but hard to downright deny without confirmation really. I just thought it was odd at the end Link was just told to go while they celebrated after all he did and what they went through, if it was like symbolism for accepting he was dead, makes sense, I don't know. I quite like how the game is open to different interpretations and etc. though, guess that makes it quite a unique zelda in that regard.

While it could be possible, there's nothing that actually supports the theory and several things against it. The evidence they used is cherry-picked confirmation bias garbage.

And Link gets a bum deal in pretty much every Zelda game. He never gets to party.

Are some of the stray fairies in the first temple glitched? The map shows them in certain areas and I looked online and it said that I simply need to defeat the enemy there but I did that and nothing appeared?

McNum

Got the Goron Mask. And the obligatory loop of Termina Field at maximum speed.

Now to figure out what to do with that thing. I figure I have to complete the temple before i can actually get any of the really neat Goron things done. Like giant bombs.

KarmaCow

Are some of the stray fairies in the first temple glitched? The map shows them in certain areas and I looked online and it said that I simply need to defeat the enemy there but I did that and nothing appeared?

I think someone said some stray fairy locations were changed but I don't remember the N64 version enough to say either way.

KarmaCow

I'm wear the in-game map says they will be though and they aren't appearing.

Are they greyed out? The map now records fairy locations so you know where they are across cycles.

Otherwise, I have no idea. Try putting on the mask to see if there is a fairy in the room.

SirNinja

Great Bay Temple. We meet again, my old nemesis.

It's not nearly as bad as most people make it out to be. Just follow the pipes that aren't flowing, solving the puzzles in each room as you go. The new Zora swimming speed, as much as it sucks otherwise, makes the temple a lot easier to navigate.

Less than six hours until armageddon and here I am
recruiting frogs for a frog choir

Me yesterday: three hours until the world ends, and I'm
killing spiders so I can cheat at a puppy racetrack
. This game is so delightfully weird even when it's pulse-poundingly tense.

Waaaiiiiit. If I want to take part in
Goron race
, it needs to be
spring
, and therefore I neeed to
re-defeat that bull boss
again ?

Got the Goron Mask. And the obligatory loop of Termina Field at maximum speed.

Now to figure out what to do with that thing. I figure I have to complete the temple before i can actually get any of the really neat Goron things done. Like giant bombs.

Yeah, the Temple has to come first. You can get a Heart Piece in Clock Town by completing
the Treasure Chest Shop's minigame
, at least.

Waaaiiiiit. If I want to take part in
Goron race
, it needs to be
spring
, and therefore I neeed to
re-defeat that bull boss
again ?

Yeeeeep. Best to do it at the immediate start of a new cycle so you can get a bunch of stuff done with the Keg License that you get, including the
Gilded Sword.

It's not nearly as bad as most people make it out to be. Just follow the pipes that aren't flowing, solving the puzzles in each room as you go. The new Zora swimming speed, as much as it sucks otherwise, makes the temple a lot easier to navigate.

Hold A and press R to swim like in the original, it also works without magic.

Yeah, the Temple has to come first. You can get a Heart Piece in Clock Town by completing
the Treasure Chest Shop's minigame
, at least.

Yeeeeep. Best to do it at the immediate start of a new cycle so you can get a bunch of stuff done with the Keg License that you get, including the
Gilded Sword.

Wait. I already got the keg license. If I rewind time I have to get it AGAIN ? Isn't it one of the items you keep with you ?

Also, to unlock the entrance to the race, I will have to buy and bring a keg again ? Or does it stay unlocked ?

Wait. I already got the keg license. If I rewind time I have to get it AGAIN ? Isn't it one of the items you keep with you ?

Nah, I thought you didn't have it yet. If you've already got it, then you're good. Head to the Bomb Shop in Clock Town and buy one for 50 bucks, since it'll be easier than doing the test again. If you rewind time, then yeah you have to blow up the boulder again.

eXistor

No need to get it again you just
go to the bomb shop in town as a Goron and speak to the Goron there, he'll sell you a Powder Keg

DNAbro

Also, to unlock the entrance to the race, I will have to buy and bring a keg again ? Or does it stay unlocked ?

you don't have to get the license again but you have to blow up the entrance again. YOu could just buy a keg at the bomb shop for 50 rupees.

Nah, I thought you didn't have it yet. If you've already got it, then you're good. Head to the Bomb Shop in Clock Town and buy one for 50 bucks, since it'll be easier than doing the test again. If you rewind time, then yeah you have to blow up the boulder again.

No need to get it again you just
go to the bomb shop in town as a Goron and speak to the Goron there, he'll sell you a Powder Keg

you don't have to get the license again but you have to blow up the entrance again. YOu could just buy a keg at the bomb shop for 50 rupees.

Ok thanks.

So recap :

- get to day 1, slow time
- but keg at town shop
- beat goth boss thing.
- blow race entrance
- win
- go to forge blade (razor)
- reforge (gilded)

Am I right ?

Kinsei

Banned
Just finished Woodfall. The boat target shooting game is much more fun with gyro.

Ok thanks.

So recap :

- get to day 1, slow time
- but keg at town shop
- beat goth boss thing.
- blow race entrance
- win
- go to forge blade (razor)
- reforge (gilded)

Am I right ?

You're right.

Molemitts

I've been playing this so much. Although I played Majora's Mask a few years back, I loved it, but I never finished it. I did do the majority of the side quests, though. This is about to become my favourite Zelda game, for sure.

I just did the Romani Ranch quests which were fun. After that I went around and explored Clock Town on the final day and night and I would really recommend everyone to do that at some point. Just go around to all the buildings, it's weird seeing them so empty. Go talk to the remaining NCPs. Most the people staying behind will explain the reasons they're doing so, and it's really sad. :(

Kinsei

Banned
I've been playing this so much. Although I played Majora's Mask a few years back, I loved it, but I never finished it. I did do the majority of the side quests, though. This is about to become my favourite Zelda game, for sure.

I just did the Romani Ranch quests which were fun. After that I went around and explored Clock Town on the final day and night and I would really recommend everyone to do that at some point. Just go around to all the buildings, it's weird seeing them so empty. Go talk to the remaining NCPs. Most the people staying behind will explain the reasons they're doing that, and it's really sad. :(

Did you find the swordsman?

Kjellson

The Goron race has always been hard, but I have never struggled with it as much as I do now. I NEED to get the dust before the second day or I have to beat Goht AGAIN.

Neiteio

Well, I didn't think I could love MM more but the remake is everything I like without the bummer parts that made MM so easy to dismiss for many players.

Personally, I'm getting a lot out of the free camera control; the way I'm controlling the game is very much akin to how I play Wind Waker, by using the camera to guide my direction. They did an excellent job implementing the new camera into a game with a previously rigid solution and I'm not sure I'd be comfortable going back to constantly tapping Z.

The game's new art is outstanding and really brings the game world in line with the fantastic key art released 15 years ago. There's love oozing from every pore in MM3D. I'm glad they had three years to dote on a remake of a game with a legendarily brief development period.
Agreed.

I'm absolutely loving the camera control. When I'm not tapping a face button, my thumb is on the c-stick. And I'm amazed at the attention to detail everywhere, from the textured walls and foliage to the new decor, props, etc. And filling out the Bomber's Notebook is the most satisfying thing. It has that addictive "gotta catch 'em all" quality.

Speaking of catching, the posters on the wall of the Swamp Fishing Hole give tips on the different fish, like wearing the Gibdo Mask for one, and playing Epona's Song to attract another. Cool!

K' Dash

I just ran out of time on Snowhead Temple, got the boss key with 3 minutes left on the clock, I got out to redeem the stray fairies, went to clock town to save my rupees and reset.

Never happened to me before, I took my sweet time finding that last stray fairy, that was a nice hiding spot bitch, ypu get me every fucking time.

Dimmle

I just ran out of time on Snowhead Temple, got the boss key with 3 minutes left on the clock, I got out to redeem the stray fairies, went to clock town to save my rupees and reset.

Never happened to me before, I took my sweet time finding that last stray fairy, that was a nice hiding spot bitch, ypu get me every fucking time.

put that fairy in its goddamn place

Molemitts

I'm gonna try and 100% this, at least as best as I can, but the Stray Fairies are quite difficult to find. I got all the ones for the 2nd dungeon and almost reset time before handing them in, oops.

Did you find the swordsman?

Yes, aw man. :c

Also, there's a conversation between Cremia and Romani on the final night, if you go back to Romani Ranch, that really gets to me.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm like 90% sure that one was there in the original.

Really? Cause I remember there being the one in the water and the one in the beehive.

Fake edit: I just looked it up and you're right. Now I have no clue where the changed location is.

Ants

son of a BITCH

I just did the
milk delivery protection
sidequest a second time and all I got was 200 rupees.

NINTENDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *fist shake*

Kinsei

Banned
son of a BITCH

I just did the
milk delivery protection
sidequest a second time and all I got was 200 rupees.

NINTENDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *fist shake*

You wanted the hug? If it works like it did in the original then you need a full wallet so she doesn't give you the rupees.

Top Bottom