• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3D |OT| Remakes are a Nice Thing to Have… Heh, heh

Molemitts

It must be with the quest. When you don't do the quest, they just sit silently at the table, stare at their laps, and say nothing. It's devastating.

Yeah... Do Anju and her family still go off to Romani Ranch on the final day, even if you don't do the quest?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Man, I went into Romani's room and there's sooooo many little details. Props to whoever designed the in-doors stuff, it's a labour of love.

Dimmle

Yeah... Do Anju and her family still go off to Romani Ranch on the final day, even if you don't do the quest?

They say they do. They definitely go somewhere, but I don't think you can find them there. Do they end up there when you do the quest line?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Man, I went into Romani's room and there's sooooo many little details. Props to whoever designed the in-doors stuff, it's a labour of love.

They added a plushy of Ganondorf's house, for some reason.

How do you get the Giant Wallet again? Is it one of the Skulltula house?

And how many rupees do you need to deposit at the bank to get the piece of hearts? I'm over 2000 already.

TheMoon

Agreed.

I'm absolutely loving the camera control. When I'm not tapping a face button, my thumb is on the c-stick. And I'm amazed at the attention to detail everywhere, from the textured walls and foliage to the new decor, props, etc. And filling out the Bomber's Notebook is the most satisfying thing. It has that addictive "gotta catch 'em all" quality.

I was initially dismissive of the camera. But ironically I found myself using it constantly during the introduction.

Interesting how they used a rotating vertical-camera instead of the Lakitu-style zooming camera they used in Wind Waker, the one that didn't have Y-invert options in WWHD. Fittingly, MM3D does have Y-invert options because a rotating vertical-camera needs it while the zooming one does not.

I’m terrible at aiming the Bow with the 3DS motion sway. Is there no way to disable that?

You didn't even bother to check the options menu before asking, didn't you? It's in there.

And how many rupees do you need to deposit at the bank to get the piece of hearts? I'm over 2000 already.

The spider house in great bay.

5000, methinks.

ZServ

Holy shit, GAF.
I just shot the robber in the northern section of town with an arrow and he exploded.
did I just commit murder?

Crayolan

Great Bay Skulltula house on the first day.

5000 rupees.

Joqu

Definitely.

The indoors stuff was pretty great in Ocarina of Time 3D too, but that game didn't have as many of it in the first place. I remember being impressed with what they did with Malon's room, the drawings there were adorable.

You can definitely feel they put even more effort into them in this game though. I love it.

Molemitts

They say they do. They definitely go somewhere, but I don't think you can find them there. Do they end up there when you do the quest line?

Yeah, I think they stay upstairs.

So much. The posters everywhere are so cool. Every games needs stuff like that.

TheMoon

Holy shit, GAF.
I just shot the robber in the northern section of town with an arrow and he exploded.
did I just commit murder?

Did you say "You have failed this city!" beforehand? You are wearing a green hood, after all.

Well fuck me, I reached the last
Zora Egg in the pirates fortress and wasn't paying attention at all and grabbed a fish in my bottle instead of the egg. Didn't realize it until I was back at the lab with the egg tank...

BY2K

Membero Americo
Zora Egg in the pirates fortress and wasn't paying attention at all and grabbed a fish in my bottle instead of the egg. Didn't realize it until I was back at the lab with the egg tank...

That almost happened to me, too.

Used the bottle, checked the menu and went: "Wait a minute, that's not the Zora Egg!"

Rich!

Hooooly fuck that new Twinmold battle is insane

Like seriously fucking insane.

totally roided out giant link shouting like a madman as he punches the shit out of everything. You don't even use a sword as a giant. You just hulk smash.

I did the exact same thing! Those fish are such trolls. Almost done with the pirate area though.

The Lamp

WAIT did they change the fairy locations this time? There's no fairy under the stone block in the water in Woodfall Temple anymore. I can't find my 15th Woodfall fairy. I have like 2 minutes left because I figured I'd do this temple quickly since I've done it so many times! HEEELP

Rich!

Right. I've got all the masks, all the weapons, items and bottles and all the upgrades. I haven't got all the heart pieces yet.

I'm gonna go to the clock tower, get the
fierce deity mask
and then finish the game. Then I will get all the heart pieces, which will be a bit easier with the
fierce deity mask
for redoing bosses.

WAIT did they change the fairy locations this time? There's no fairy under the stone block in the water in Woodfall Temple anymore. I can't find my 15th Woodfall fairy. I have like 2 minutes left because I figured I'd do this temple quickly since I've done it so many times! HEEELP

Every single fairy in the game is in the same place as the original. Except that one.
its above in a beehive

Timeaisis

I like this game, but god damn does it feel like it wastes your time. I was trying to do as many sidequests I could before the first dungeon, but realized halfway through most that I can't proceed or don't have any idea what to do next
Kafei quest is a good example of this. Got the letter mailed, supposed to meet him, ran out of time because I thought I was supposed to move to the next day
. Making me give up, start the day and have absolutely nothing to show for it. Having to do the same things over and over again just doesn't sound like it'll be enjoyable, but I suppose we'll see. I have a ton of halfway done sidequesrts n my journal that I'll need to restart each day, and I have no idea of I'll be able to finish one during a cycle, anyway. So it almost feels like what's the point of trying.

I do love the mechanics and the atmosphere, but I feel like this whole thing is going to get tedious quickly. I played for hours today and feel like I've made zero progress. Maybe I'm missing some obvious things here, but it seems to me this is going to be a lot of trial and error to success.

Maybe I just need to beat the damn first temple. Did get to the entrance, at least.

Chitown B

Right now, you can have a 3DS with all of these Zelda games on it:

Zelda 1
Zelda 2
Link's Awakening
Ocarina of Time
Majoras Mask
Four Swords
Minish Cap (ambassadors only)
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons
Link Between Worlds

I mean, fuuuuuck that's almost the entire series.

the bolded is stupid. They really need to start selling GBA games

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Bet on the doggy races, just ran in and picked a random dog, he was particularly barky, I was like yep it's you. And he won.

AWWWWW YISS

The Lamp

Right. I've got all the masks, all the weapons, items and bottles and all the upgrades. I haven't got all the heart pieces yet.

I'm gonna go to the clock tower, get the
fierce deity mask
and then finish the game. Then I will get all the heart pieces, which will be a bit easier with the
fierce deity mask
for redoing bosses.

Every single fairy in the game is in the same place as the original. Except that one.
its above in a beehive

http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask/Stray_Fairy_Locations

I got that one already. This link says that the one in the beehive is a separate one from the one underwater.

Marjar

Banned
I like this game, but god damn does it feel like it wastes your time. I was trying to do as many sidequests I could before the first dungeon, but realized halfway through most that I can't proceed or don't have any idea what to do next
Kafei quest is a good example of this. Got the letter mailed, supposed to meet him, ran out of time because I thought I was supposed to move to the next day
. Making me give up, start the day and have absolutely nothing to show for it. Having to do the same things over and over again just doesn't sound like it'll be enjoyable, but I suppose we'll see. I have a ton of halfway done sidequesrts n my journal that I'll need to restart each day, and I have no idea of I'll be able to finish one during a cycle, anyway. So it almost feels like what's the point of trying.

I do love the mechanics and the atmosphere, but I feel like this whole thing is going to get tedious quickly. I played for hours today and feel like I've made zero progress. Maybe I'm missing some obvious things here, but it seems to me this is going to be a lot of trial and error to success.

Maybe I just need to beat the damn first temple. Did get to the entrance, at least.

That quest isn't something you should be attempting until much later. Just go for the temples and other sidequests between each temple. It's the hardest and most involved quest in the game.

Dimmle

Don't stress out about completing the events the first time you discover them. You're really just gathering information and that is progress in itself in this game. Take advantage of the new save points if you think you're about to screw up an event.

Got my Hookshot. About to start on the Couple's Mask Quest later, as well as a bunch of other ones (Frog Choir, Oceanside Spider House, Graveyard Night 1 and 2). ALL AT ONCE. *rolls up sleeves* This run is gonna be a big one.

Speaking of that fucking graveyard, could Dampe walk any goddamn slower on Night 3?

Seda

SbXpGZM.jpg

The ending credits sequence is one of my favorites.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Anybody else damn awful at some of these mini-games? I'm trying to collect as many heart pieces/upgrades that I can before moving onto Snowhead. Day 1 of the Honey and Darling's Shop (bombchu challenge) always ends in failure, usually with 1 or 2 targets that I am unable to get. I have been trying to hit the higher targets first (when the platform is still slow), then move onto the closer targets later...Still failing. Don't get me started on the Deku Scrub Playground game...

Today I think I will go do the Skulltula house in Southern Swamp. Need to take a breather from these damn mini-games.

Admodieus

Loved the new Gyorg battle and also a lot of the other changes (fairies, stone mask soldier, etc.) About to start my favorite part of the game - Ikana Canyon.

Anybody else damn awful at some of these mini-games? I'm trying to collect as many heart pieces/upgrades that I can before moving onto Snowhead. Day 1 of the Honey and Darling's Shop (bombchu challenge) always ends in failure, usually with 1 or 2 targets that I am unable to get. I have been trying to hit the higher targets first (when the platform is still slow), then move onto the closer targets later...Still failing. Don't get me started on the Deku Scrub Playground game...

Today I think I will go do the Skulltula house in Southern Swamp. Need to take a breather from these damn mini-games.

The Bombchu one is the toughest. The other 2 days get significantly easier.

llehuty

For the bombchu challenge (and well, every other challenge there) I take the targets in order. Try making straight lines, or almost straight lines. Once you see it's on the right track you con move on to the next one.

For the deku scrub minigame 3 things.

1.- Have a general idea of what are you going to do. There are 3 concentric squares with 2 plataforms each. My strategy is taking one of each while going inside and then all the wa back outsidey to take the ones left.

2.- Make the jumps when the plataform is in the highest point.

3.- Control the landings with the R (or is it L?) trigger.

Draconian

Botched the end of a sidequest. Whyyyyy

Went to meet the mayor's wife to give her Kafei's note on the 3rd night at the milk bar. Had no idea I wouldn't be let in. Heck, I played the song of double time in there on a previous cycle and saw she was in there. Or wait, I'm not honestly sure how I was in there so late on a previous cycle, but I had no idea I just wouldn't be let in at all. Man, I'm ticked off. Have to do the whole freaking thing over again now.

Seda

Botched the end of a sidequest. Whyyyyy

Went to meet the mayor's wife to give her Kafei's note on the 3rd night at the milk bar. Had no idea I wouldn't be let in. Heck, I played the song of double time in there on a previous cycle and saw she was in there. Had no idea I just wouldn't be let in at all. Man, I'm ticked off. Have to do the whole freaking thing over again now.

That's weird, you should be able to go in on the third night. I got that bottle before I left for the swamp.

Also, thanks to the updated song of double time, at least the quest is easier to redo now.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Wow has Snowhead Temple always been so frustrating pre-treasure? Falling means you have to do the same puzzles over and over again. I've burnt an entire day on one part of the dungeon. Just had to shut it off so I don't throw the 3DS against the wall.

royox

Wow has Snowhead Temple always been so frustrating pre-treasure? Falling means you have to do the same puzzles over and over again. I've burnt an entire day on one part of the dungeon. Just had to shut it off so I don't throw the 3DS against the wall.

That temple has a lot of shortcuts so you don't have to climb all the way up repeating the puzzles.

Top Bottom