• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3D |OT| Remakes are a Nice Thing to Have… Heh, heh

aravuus

It drops extreme from time to time for a couple of seconds, but overall its pretty stable.

Thanks, sounds just fine then. So many awesome games coming out in the coming few months, not being able to afford to get them all sucks

On the other hand, I'd never get any uni work done at all if I could get every game I wanted lol

Rizzi

I just had a dialogue box become unresponsive.
Tried to withdraw some rupees and he just sits here with the chat box up.

Bogeypop

I wish instead of fishing areas they added just one more skultula house. I love those things.

I wish they added a Master Quest version of the game, but I guess besides the graphical update they spent most of their time on the new Bomber's Notebook and changing where and how you get certain things.

Social

The game is all sorts of fun. The sidequests are really enjoyable! I'm having much more fun with the game now compared to 14-15 years ago. I haven't been able to put it down for long. I forgot that there were so many bottles in this game.

Are these Slowdowns also on New 3DS?
Or can they be patched? I think I remember a news that 3DS games can patched now, too.

Any 3DS game can be patched but don't expect a patch for the slowdowns. Wind Waker HD had slowdowns too and those were never patched (heck, I think every 3D zelda has had slowdowns hasn't it?) It doesn't really affect the gameplay in my experience, there's slowdowns sometimes after defeating a bunch of enemies due to the explosion effects.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I bet the slowdown is still a higher framerate than the original.

I can't believe they didn't tone down the smoke effect when you roll as a Goron though, with 3D on it's chug city when you're rolling at a stand-still in snow.'

Edit: Also can we talk about how awesome the 3DS theme you get is? It's great, having the Song of Healing play in your menu is just great.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Snowhead
Temple is such a fucking chore. Hated way back when, still hate it.

Bogeypop

Snowhead
Temple is such a fucking chore. Hated way back when, still hate it.

It's not so bad, now if you want to talk about the
Great Bay
Temple then I'll agree with you. Only frustrating thing I found from
Snowhead
is that one Stray Fairy. You know the one.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'm still at the beginning, but I have to admit that MM isn't "clicking" with me, as it was in the past (I've never finished it). THis mechanic is something different from what I expect from Zelda, and being father now (with very little spare time) isn't exactly the best suit for a classic Zelda game... ;p

Molemitts

Uh, so I want to get
The Stone Mask
before doing the
Pirate Fortress
but the road is blocked by a gate and I can't remember how to get past.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm still at the beginning, but I have to admit that MM isn't "clicking" with me, as it was in the past (I've never finished it). THis mechanic is something different from what I expect from Zelda, and being father now (with very little spare time) isn't exactly the best suit for a classic Zelda game... ;p

I'd argue this is actually perfect for this. MM makes you plan out what you need to do during a three day cycle for example, getting the song to open the next temple. One you've done that you can either start a new cycle, close the lid and put the system to sleep for the next time. It's very easy to break it down into bite sized chunks.

Molemitts

I'd argue this is actually perfect for this. MM makes you plan out what you need to do during a three day cycle for example, getting the song to open the next temple. One you've done that you can either start a new cycle, close the lid and put the system to sleep for the next time. It's very easy to break it down into bite sized chunks.

Yep, now with the 3DS version's save system it's even more convenient.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Yep, now with the 3DS version's save system it's even more convenient.

Oh, you are both right.
fact is, I have to at least "enter" the concept of the mechanic and look around a little bit beofre being able to properlu focus on the game. And my son wasn't so keen to let me play the game during the weekend :D
Plus, the "open world investigation" mechanic (it is way less linear than other Zeldas in terms of going from one dungeon to another) is not exactly my cup of tea.

Bogeypop

Uh, so I want to get
The Stone Mask
before doing the
Pirate Fortress
but the road is blocked by a gate and I can't remember how to get past.

They moved the location of the
soldier
. Just go ahead to the
Pirate Fortress
and I'm sure you'll find the
Stone Mask
if you pay attention to Tatl.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I feel like I beat Oldwala "wrong" somehow, I didn't use those bomb plants at all. He just jumped away when I threw one.

So many tickets to go fishing now..
Is there anything from it, or is it just to relax and fish?

I'm wondering this too. I don't really want to know if you get any rewards from fishing, but I would like to know if the game tracks the different types of fish you catch, I remember reading "10 types of fish!" in pre-release stuff.

Also,
am I crazy or do you eventually get your own fishing rod? I swear I remember catching the little devil fish in some dungeon, unless I'm remembering Twilight Princess.

McNum

Okay, I'm doing something wrong here... and the game isn't telling me what.

I'm trying to unlock access to the second temple.

So, I grab a bottle of hot water, thaw out the Elder, and he freezes over again after slowly taking some steps. Well, no problem, I'll just go get another bottle of water. Except his position is reset. Well, then I'll get TWO bottles of water. But he walks so slow that the second bottle manages to cool before he freezes over again.

So... what do I do?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I feel like I beat Oldwala "wrong" somehow, I didn't use those bomb plants at all. He just jumped away when I threw one.

Didn't even realise that was a move until I read about it in the thread.

At least this time I understood how I beat him. When I beat him before in the N64 version it just felt like he died randomly. Even went back to fight him again to the same outcome.

Majora's Mask was my first Zelda game ever, so this game is pretty special to me.

This remake is very good. I wish I didn't remember so many details so I could experience them again, oh well.

Bogeypop

Okay, I'm doing something wrong here... and the game isn't telling me what.

I'm trying to unlock access to the second temple.

So, I grab a bottle of hot water, thaw out the Elder, and he freezes over again after slowly taking some steps. Well, no problem, I'll just go get another bottle of water. Except his position is reset. Well, then I'll get TWO bottles of water. But he walks so slow that the second bottle manages to cool before he freezes over again.

So... what do I do?

Explore the next area some more. Maybe try out all of
Goron
Link's abilities near suspicious places if you haven't. Or talk to some of the characters there if you've already done the latter before going back to the
Elder

DNAbro

Majora's Mask was my first Zelda game ever, so this game is pretty special to me.

This remake is very good. I wish I didn't remember so many details so I could experience them again, oh well.

The fact that I remember where just about every heart piece is kind of bothers me. Still my favorite game ever though.

Molemitts

They moved the location of the
soldier
. Just go ahead to the
Pirate Fortress
and I'm sure you'll find the
Stone Mask
if you pay attention to Tatl.

Oh okay. I just wasted a load of time in Ikana then. At least I got the Captain's hat.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
This game really is something not using guides. I just wander around and somehow manage to do something of value (I guess?)each cycle. Having to recollect stuff god damn sucks really hard though. Fuck those faeries.

TheMoon

Btw, someone else mentioned this in another thread but: if you're in Germany you can get the Dire Moon theme for free by visiting a Nintendo Zone (=McDonald's) and grabbing the free code from the app.

Chitown B

You kids have your fun.

YByZfSVl.jpg

Just kidding, I just got the 3DS version, too.

haha.

I bought N64 MM at launch and had the 3D lenticular box.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Didn't even realise that was a move until I read about it in the thread.

At least this time I understood how I beat him. When I beat him before in the N64 version it just felt like he died randomly. Even went back to fight him again to the same outcome.

This time,
I dropped seeds on his head during his first phase, stunning him and letting me whack at him with my sword. Then he got in this tired looking stance where he'd just stand there and turn as I strafed around him, but eventually he'd do some crazy chant/dance and stop turning, so I could get behind him and put an arrow in that eye. I'm guessing that maybe you could throw the bombs at him while he's in that tired stance? Maybe he wouldn't jump away then? Maybe it would put him in a collapsed state for hackin? Who knows!!!

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I just realised that Majora's Mask is the only game I've got 4 different versions of.

Original, Gamecube CE disc, Virtual Console and 3DS remake. Also Great Bay is such a cool area.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This time,
I dropped seeds on his head during his first phase, stunning him and letting me whack at him with my sword. Then he got in this tired looking stance where he'd just stand there and turn as I strafed around him, but eventually he'd do some crazy chant/dance and stop turning, so I could get behind him and put an arrow in that eye. I'm guessing that maybe you could throw the bombs at him while he's in that tired stance? Maybe he wouldn't jump away then? Maybe it would put him in a collapsed state for hackin? Who knows!!!

I just used the deku flowers to hide from him until he entered that looking around stance then flew over his head and whacked his legs from behind until he collapsed.

mauaus

Bought this day one and havent tried it because i accidently launched Mario and Luigi Dream Team and i got hoooked :p Cant wait to play this though

Top Bottom