• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3D |OT| Remakes are a Nice Thing to Have… Heh, heh

TheDanimal

It'd be cool if Nintendo made another "social" Zelda like this, where the main thrust is figuring out the people in the world and their complicated lives, and the dungeons are just puzzling palate cleansers.

This is really the direction I hope they take for Zelda U. Having a humongous world filled with NPCs that I actually care about would be absolutely amazing.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
So in the original, when someone was added to your notebook, didn't their entire schedule appear in the notebook? Just those bars that show "something will happen during this time." I swear I'd use those bars to know when to try and interact with them. In MM3D, those bars only seem to appear if you interact with them during that time first, which makes it a lot more difficult to know when things are gonna happen.

...right? I feel like I'm getting part of this wrong.

Majestad

Banned
It's been 10 plus years since I last played this. I just got the goron mask and I'm about to enter temple 2. So there are 4 temples. Is this game short as hell, I honestly don't remember.

I'm like 9 hours in and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface. In terms of temples, it might be short (4), but there's so much quality content and stuff to do to compensate for that.

Puflwiz

Banned
I keep having a problem getting that new bottle. I don't know if I'm just really dumb or not.
I have the milk from his brothers with me, it's 2pm but he keeps telling me to "come past noon"
Am I just doing something wrong.

EDIT: Figured it out, I WAS just being dumb.

KarmaCow

It's required for two Pieces of Heart, nothing else.

Is one of those heart pieces atop the Weaponsmith house? I'm not sure what the point of that one was. I think I got the one in the Great Bay already, not sure about the other one. The ladder to the roof of the house in Romani Ranch is weird too but that could be used for the UFO event.

Puflwiz

Banned
Is one of those heart pieces atop the Weaponsmith house? I'm not sure what the point of that one was. I think I got the one in the Great Bay already, not sure about the other one. The ladder to the roof of the house in Romani Ranch is weird too but that could be used for the UFO event.

The other one is an area in Snowhead. Its right after the area with the warp point but before the Snowhead entrance.

Roto13

I got a bottle from
Koume's target minigame
. I definitely didn't get one there before. Which bottle has been moved there?

Roto13

Gotta say, I wish I knew that bottle was there before I went into that one place where you need to carry four things in bottles. I only had three and I would have grabbed that one. :p

Lol I never did that (never really interacted with the scarecrow either, even later with his song), maybe because the first few times I had trouble remembering what to do and it took me the whole 3 days cycles every time!

I didn't say I know that game by heart though. I absolutely love it but I know damn well it has a lot of stuff I've yet to uncover.

Anyway, time to go! It's now midnight on the final day!

You can also skip smaller blocks of time (2 hours at a time) by listening to stories from the old woman at the inn (Link sleeps through them).

Although I think she leaves late on the third day.

Once you get your Ocarina you won't ever have to worry about waiting around for time to pass ever again due to one of the best changes in the remake.

KarmaCow

Gotta say, I wish I knew that bottle was there before I went into that one place where you need to carry four things in bottles. I only had three and I would have grabbed that one. :p

You can have
bottles before going there for the first time in the 3DS version now.

Rnr1224

First-timer here. When is it recommended to use the song of time? Im on the third day and just got the boss key for the swamp dungeon. Any other tips I should keep in mind? If I use it now then I will lose the boss key. Any other tips I should keep in mind too?

KarmaCow

First-timer here. When is it recommended to use the song of time? Im on the third day and just got the boss key for the swamp dungeon. Any other tips I should keep in mind? If I use it now then I will lose the boss key. Any other tips I should keep in mind too?

You will lose everything in dungeons except the dungeon item itself so I wouldn't recommend resetting yet if you think you can defeat the boss in time.

I hate that dungeons reset, Snowhead temple was a pain in the ass. I managed to complete it on my 2nd cycle but I had one stray fairy left with around 5 minutes to spare before the final day finished, luckily I found it and it was all good.

I don't know how I managed to complete this all those years back to be honest.

Rnr1224

You will lose everything in dungeons except the dungeon item itself so I wouldn't recommend resetting yet if you think you can defeat the boss in time.

yeah Im not sure I can. Ill probably reset and then warp to the bird statue outside and do it all from there. I know what to do now, Its just I have to do it all in time.

Roto13

You can have
bottles before going there for the first time in the 3DS version now.

Yeah, but I'm not starting that one long side quest unless I can finish it.

yeah Im not sure I can. Ill probably reset and then warp to the bird statue outside and do it all from there. I know what to do now, Its just I have to do it all in time.

It's probably worth at least trying. You can play the song of time in the middle of the boss battle if you run out of time.

If you do have to reset, you can skip a big chunk of the dungeon as long as you have the dungeon item. Which is true for all of them.

Weiss

Banned
Is there any way to remove the Picto Box from your first person view? That momentary UI is annoying.

Also, is there any way to stop the game from going into the Bomber's notebook every time I accomplish something? It's getting old.

Guru-Guru

Banned
At work now and all I am thinking about is getting home and playing Majora's Mask. It has been a long time since a game has made me feel like this!

I'm kind of annoyed with how Zora swimming works now. The default is so slooooow, and I would have preferred an option for inverted controls. It's the one change I've run into so far that I do not like. Not starting that dungeon until I have some premium milk to wash away some of my sorrows.

KarmaCow

I kind of annoyed with how Zora swimming works now. The default is so slooooow, and I would have preferred an option for inverted controls. It's the one change I've run into so far that I do not like. Not starting that dungeon until I have some premium milk to wash away some of my sorrows.

You can invert the controls, go to gear->options->second page.

Neiteio

On mobile, just beat Woodfall. Weren't the Deku going to make monkey soup in the original? I could'be sworn there was a scene where the chimp is over a cauldron as you arrive with the princess.

DNAbro

On mobile, just beat Woodfall. Weren't the Deku going to make monkey soup in the original? I could'be sworn there was a scene where the chimp is over a cauldron as you arrive with the princess.

Depends on when you enter.

About to go through my last needed cycle in the game. Excited to finish this game 100% again.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
That still happens, but it only happens if you learned the Sonata of Awakening from the monkey in the same cycle. If you played the Song of Time after learning the Sonata of Awakening and never talked to the monkey in the cycle you're on, the monkey will still be in the cage.

I first played Majora's Mask back in 2001 and it always left such a huge impression on me I've always considered it my favorite game of all time. Oddly though I never replayed it to completion. I probably picked it up a few times and made it to a dungeon or two, but haven't touched it in probably ten years.

I picked this up and finally got to playing it and Jesus Christ this game still is absolutely perfect. Fifteen years later and still no games has matched this atmosphere and character development. Not using a guide and everything seems rather fresh so I'm struggling on certain parts, which is fun to replay again. I will admit an additional dungeon would have made this game the perfect length and amount of content, but God there's so much going on and it's the one time I've truly felt connected to the entire world.

I hope people are getting floored by this game with the new rerelease.

RK128

I'm at the beginning of the game and I've been waiting in front of the door which leads to the top of the clock tower for like 36 hours now.

I get that they do that in order to let you get acquainted with the town and its inhabitants but when you're already played the game many times and know exactly what to do well... then you're forced to wait like an idiot. Some things never change, ha!

There is a lot to do if you are able to find all the Bombers Kids; play the Deku Mini game (inside the fence near the Great Fairy Shrine), give the Deku Deed to the hand in Anju's Motel, run around to collect rubies, buy the maps from Tingle, and more I think :).

If you already waited till the final day from the time of this post, then sorry I didn't respond sooner :l.

Still, their is a lot to do just in the first cycle as the Deku Scrub, so I hope this helps you somehow :D.

Conezays

6 hours in and I'm not even into the Swamp dungeon yet. Lots of cool stuff going on with this game. I don't remember a lot since I haven't played it since launch, but enjoying it so far. Holds up quite well, especially with the 3DS' graphics.

Armaly

My LE arrived. The box is slightly damaged. There's a tear on the right side and the top part of the window is bent. Bought off of amazon. Anyone else had this happen to them?

6 hours in and I'm not even into the Swamp dungeon yet. Lots of cool stuff going on with this game. I don't remember a lot since I haven't played it since launch, but enjoying it so far. Holds up quite well, especially with the 3DS' graphics.

Yeah Nintendo really made this remake awesome.

Neiteio

Just got the Piece of Heart from the doggy racetrack, but it's still listed as a rumor in my notebook. Is there an even more "extravagant prize" now?

Busaiku

Just finished Snowhead.
Missing one faerie... too lazy to go search for it.

Did you get the crate in the Wolfos/ice room?
I kept searching up and down the dungeon, but it took me forever to find out that I missed it.
Even a guide didn't help, since I kept looking in the wrong place (in the same room).

Sakura

Did you get the crate in the Wolfos/ice room?
I kept searching up and down the dungeon, but it took me forever to find out that I missed it.
Even a guide didn't help, since I kept looking in the wrong place (in the same room).

If you mean
the crate that sits on that pillar
then yes I got it.
I really don't feel like doing it all again on some other cycle so I will probably just look at a guide or something.
edit: actually are guides even useful? I feel some of the positions are different.
edit2: never mind got it.

DNAbro

Whelp completely done. Playing it again reminded me how much I love this game and this series. The new ending credits made me wish they orchestrated the whole game.

Still the best game of all time.

Busaiku

Man, I can imagine the target games actually being a challenge on N64.
The 3rd Honey & Darling and the Swamp range were absolute jokes.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Gyro aiming is godly.

dedhead54

Asked this in another thread with no success so I'm going to ask here. I have never played through any Zelda game. Ever. I am looking to pick up a N3DSXL tomorrow and would like to get a Zelda game. Is there any reason why I shouldn't start with this one?

Asked this in another thread with no success so I'm going to ask here. I have never played through any Zelda game. Ever. I am looking to pick up a N3DSXL tomorrow and would like to get a Zelda game. Is there any reason why I shouldn't start with this one?

If you're just getting into the series I would start with Ocarina of Time 3d before this one.

It's a continuation of Ocarina of Time, a semi-sequel in some regards. The game is probably the most unique of any Zelda title and is polarizing to some, however this version has corrected many of the issues gamers had with it in the past. If you have the time, patience, and desire I would recommend Ocarina of Time 3D first to experience the atypical Zelda formula, and follow it with Majora 3D.

If you just want one game and want to experience your New hardware, go with this game.

Top Bottom