• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3D |OT| Remakes are a Nice Thing to Have… Heh, heh

I'd check at non-amazon stores.

Well I have the book from GameStop. I wanted the Amazon pricing but before I return it to GameStop, I want to make sure I can still get it. The books in the past have come back in stock so I didn't think there was a pressing need to order it until I returned the one I was already getting by force from GameStop.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
The store page tells you about the required controllers,btw.
It doesn't tell you that until after you purchase the Wii Points, though. On top of that, I've seen a number of people assume that the Wii U Gamepad/Wii U Pro Controller can be used in place of the Classic Controller. So I usually point that out whenever I see a Wii U owner wanting to buy a SNES/N64 game on Wii VC.

JonnyKong

THANK YOU so much for mentioning to hold down the R button during the deku scrub mini game thing. That was starting to drive me crazy.

Because the N3DS is emulating a Circle Pad Pro....and the CPP turns off when you put the console into standby to save battery life.

Majoras Mask does not detect that its running on a N3DS in any way whatsoever.

...oh. That's kind of dumb.

Does anyone remember a trailer showing Deku Link flying with some sort of reticule indicating where the Deku Nuts would hit? I vividly remember that, but now I can't find the trailer it was in.

Chuckie

press R while flying. /done

this will be you after you press R:

amazing.gif

Haha, I already knew the R thing. I also found out what I did wrong though... I tried to really time the jump and fucked up constantly. So I tried to jump much earlier, align myself with the squares, use R and fall. Once I got on that first square, the rest was simpler than I thought. Day 3 wasn't harder than Day 2, so I got the heart piece! Also got the one in the other 3-day game in Clock town (the one that just got easier every day) so time to go to the snowy part!

JonnyKong

Well I had every intention of going to the ocean tonight, but spent two hours doing side quests instead. Ah well.

Now to just figure out how to get Epona.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Sometimes when the clock chimes and a new day is about to begin, a black box comes around the screen and shrinks the top screen content, and then it does it again and then when the next day image is played its all back to normal. Is this a glitch? I find it quite strange.

Nope, it's always done that, even in the original. I think it's supposed to be cinematic; "oh no Link, X number of days have already passed!" It doesn't do it in levels because it would be too distracting, but it does it elsewhere to try to make you feel the pressure of the clock ticking away, just like the eerie music that plays when you've only got 5 hours left..

I always liked it, personally.

Molemitts

I saved the old lady on the first night and went to the curiosity shop on the final night but the thing that should be there isn't available for me to buy, wtf?

edit: never mind I'm a dumb idiot who didn't realise it's actually the second night.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Is there a reward for doing such a thing?
I don't know, I've never heard of one, but the first fairy does ask you to help all the others.
I've thought of doing it, but it would be so tedious that I've never sat down and done it.

Currently in the water temple and ugh, I have the boss key and everything I'm just stuck on where to go next.
That's the level that made me realize water levels suck. Everyone always complains about the one in OoT, but I always thought that one was a fun mazelike level, and great to memorize and then traverse expertly.

The Zora level can suck a dick though, I hated it then and I hated it now.

Yeah it was. Which I don't get because when I played it years ago..... I thought the first boss was fucking hard....a bit too hard for a first boss.

When I fought him years ago I hated the Deku Scrub and fought him only as Link,
throwing bombs at him
. That's a lot harder than fighting him as the Scrub, and more fun, really. I never realized when I was a kid that there's more than one way to beat each boss, and now that fact has become one of my favorite parts of the game.

Just beat Gyorg.
Holy FUCK. The new fight is awesome. I was a bit disappointed at first because I thought they made it easier, like, all you had to do is shoot it then hit the eye. But omfg, the fight becomes so intense when they force you to go underwater with him. Loved it.

Damn the stupid bird stole my sword. It was fully upgraded too. Is there anyway of getting it back or do I need to do that whole process again?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I've got all items, masks and hearts now so I guess what's left is viewing hidden dialogue. I noticed one NPC interaction that isn't marked anywhere in the notebook and that is with the part timer in the Clocktown shop:
he sometimes appears in a tree near the observatory. You can roll into said tree and make him break his leg. Totally pointless (well you get 40 rupees out of it) but it's sometimes fun to be mean. >;)

Molemitts

The Bomber Kids have slowed down on the clues they're dropping to me. Does it take a while for them to gain new information or are there events that trigger it? Because I don't think I'm that close to 100%, I'm at 15 heart containers.

Draconian

Goht fight is amazing. The camera is absolutely dreadful when rolling though. If you try to adjust it with the C stick or L, it just gets worse. Wonderful fight after an ok dungeon though.

Weiss

Banned
Okay, wow, the swimming really is somehow worse than what I thought it would be. It's bad enough that they remove the fast swimming, but they give you two speeds for going slow as molasses.

I don't get it. Who's the lunatic who wanted this change?

So I initially thought Odalwa's minor redesign was sort of stupid, then when I saw it during the Goht fight I realized that that is Majora's eye that they added to the bosses.

I'm guessing the other two get the same treatment?

Neiteio

So I initially thought Odalwa's minor redesign was sort of stupid, then when I saw it during the Goht fight I realized that that is Majora's eye that they added to the bosses.

I'm guessing the other two get the same treatment?
Yep, each boss has an eye, which ties them together thematically (prison wardens, created by Majora), and provides structure to each fight.

Speaking of bosses, I just beat Twinmold. AWESOME! Having fought all four dungeon bosses, I can definitely say Goht is still my favorite, but Twinmold is definitely up there. All of the bosses are solid, IMO.

Well, I have 19 hearts and 23 masks. Time to go to the moon, get the 20th Heart Container from the Moon Dungeons, claim the Fierce Deity's Mask, and stop Majora.

But before I do... I'm going to roleplay a bit, and try to set as much straight in the world this same cycle.

So here's the itinerary — skip over this if you're avoiding spoilers (I'll be vague nonetheless):

DAY 1:

- First thing in the morning, grab the Powder Keg and meet Romani
- Defeat Odolwa to restore Woodfall and save the chimp
- In the afternoon, begin the Anju-Kafei sidequest
- Settle the dispute at the mayor's office
- Defeat Goht, restore spring to mountains
- Open Goron Racetrack with another Powder Keg
- Defeat Gyorg to restore Great Bay
- Rehearse with Indigo-Go's
- Continue the quest with the Anju meeting that night.
- Save the bomb lady right afterward. (Sorry, ??? gets shafted in this scenario)
- Dance with the Rosa Sisters
- Go to Romani Ranch and stop the invasion

DAY 2:

- Talk to Cremia and agree to go on wagon ride
- Help the cucco chicks grow up at Romani Ranch
- Defeat Twinmold to heal the spirits of Ikana Valley
- Meet up with Kafei, then Anju, to continue Anju-Kafei sidequest
- Assist Cremia on her milk run
- Play Ballad of the Wind Fish at the Milk Bar

DAY 3:

- Get the Moon's Tear, help all the Business Scrubs
- Continue the Anju-Kafei sidequest, and help the postman
- Help Kafei retrieve what was taken from him

And then, instead of witnessing the reunion of Kafei and Anju... Go to the Clock Tower and stop Majora's Mask. :)

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Solid session tonight. Finally got through the deku scrub mini game, beat the Snow temple and got all the stray fairies.

Neiteio

Epic itinerary Neiteio.
I've been revising it as I go along and manage to squeeze more items in. I have all four bosses down and it's just the afternoon of the second day.

I have a feeling I might mess up the last part of the Kafei-Anju quest, but since I've already beat it on this file and I'm just doing this for the sake of roleplaying, I'll let myself cheat with a soft reset if I fudge
Sakon's hideout

Timeaisis

I hear there's a mask that keys you stay up, but it's not on the curiosity shop (even though there's a gossip stone that implies that). Any hints?

If you prevent Sakon from stealing the bomb bags on the first night then the Curiosity Shop will have the Mask on the 3rd night, if you don't they'll be selling the bomb bag.

- Continue the quest with the Anju meeting that night.
- Save the bomb lady right afterward. (Sorry, ??? gets shafted in this scenario)

You can't help the Bomb Lady and complete the Anju/Kafei quest in the same cycle. If you stop Sakon from stealing the bomb bags then he never shows up at the Curiosity shop and Kafei doesn't follow him to his hideout.

BriGuy

I forgot what an awful, awful fight Gyrorg was. So tedious. After the dungeon itself and that bout of bullshit, it was 2:00 AM on the final day. I probably would have quit playing if I had to redo it.

Neiteio

If you prevent Sakon from stealing the bomb bags on the first night then the Curiosity Shop will have the Mask on the 3rd night, if you don't they'll be selling the bomb bag.

You can't help the Bomb Lady and complete the Anju/Kafei quest in the same cycle. If you stop Sakon from stealing the bomb bags then he never shows up at the Curiosity shop and Kafei doesn't follow him to his hideout.
Yeah, I just found this out. But that's OK -- I was still able to deliver the pendant to Anju, so she knows Kafei will return.

They lose their mask, I suppose. But the wedding will still go on!

Ants

Do your dungeon fairies reset when you play the song of time?

It is worth noting that, while they do reset, their positions will be marked on your map when you come back, so if you only manage to collect a few, you'll be able to quickly recollect them on a return trip.

Also it is easy to verify what will and will not reset by playing the Song of Time, but not traveling back. It will glow on the bottom screen if you'll lose it.

Rich!

It is worth noting that, while they do reset, their positions will be marked on your map when you come back, so if you only manage to collect a few, you'll be able to quickly recollect them on a return trip.

Never knew that! That's cool.

Top Bottom