• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3D |OT| Remakes are a Nice Thing to Have… Heh, heh

I think those rooms would have been fine as optional challenges anywhere else in the game, but them being where they are really spoiled the endgame for me a bit. Very unnecessary imo.

Yeah I could see that working out better. As it stands it just really killed the momentum I had going into the ending.

Neiteio

Thanx! I'll follow your instructions carefully

there is a hidden wall in the third floor with a chest and flower in it and am guessing one of the fairies in it, how do I get there?
Correction: I meant lefthand door, after leaving pillar room through red door, but you probably figured that out based on my description of the room (the long ramp jump over lava with ice statues on either side, seen early on). That room leads to the small square room with a platform in the ground, an ice statue to the left, and a real bombchu. Shoot the frozen eye switch with a fire arrow to use the elevator. It's how you reach the upper levels once the pillar is raised.

Regarding the fairy chest in the invisible alcove, I jumped to it by standing as close as I could on one of the bridges immediately above it. I used the Bunny Hood. There is probably a way to get it without the hood, however. Either way, be prepared to fall a few times.

Man, it's so satisfying to just replay events and do things differently. I just got done
doing Kafei and Anju's sidequest without giving Anju the pendant
. I feel like an awful person, but it's amazing to see unique dialogue for doing this. They put in a tremendous level of detail. I was not surprised but impressed that he still showed up and had tone-appropriate things to say.
You can do that!? In all my years I never knew, holy crap.

Revven

Regarding the fairy chest in the invisible alcove, I jumped to it by standing as close as I could on one of the bridges immediately above it. I used the Bunny Hood. There is probably a way to get it without the hood, however. Either way, be prepared to fall a few times.

I got that one without the hood by lining myself up as normal Link and rolled off the wooden bridge which gave me enough momentum to reach the alcove (of course taking fall damage). The Bunny Hood isn't required.

Neiteio

So how well does FD Link work in each of the boss rooms now?

I imagine you can defeat Odolwa through a barrage of beam shots (unless he can block them) and straight-up slashing.

I wonder if you can still crash Goht with beam shots, and then shoot his eye with them? Not the fastest or most fun way to fight him, but an interesting change of pace.

You could probably use the beam shots in lieu of arrows for Gyorg's first phase, but the second phase still requires the Zora.

The one I'm most curious about is Twinmold: Is FD Link able to contribute to this battle? I would think the Light Arrows and Giant's Mask would still be necessary.

Anyone try FD Link on the four dungeon bosses?

Neiteio

Got the Zora mask and good lord the swimming control is terrible. Bring back the original superior one.
I had the first same impression of the swimming, but I don't even miss the old style now. Great Bay Temple is vastly improved by the change. Also, when freewheeling in the ocean, just drink Chateau Romani for everlasting magic -- you'll have the old style of swimming, and in practice the humming sound of the magic is low and easy on the ears. All in all, it's a fine change.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I had the first same impression of the swimming, but I don't even miss the old style now. Great Bay Temple is vastly improved by the change. Also, when freewheeling in the ocean, just drink Chateau Romani for everlasting magic -- you'll have the old style of swimming, and in practice the humming sound of the magic is low and easy on the ears. All in all, it's a fine change.

I am too much of a cheap bastard to pay for that. >_>

Finally finished the game. So, so good. The final mask made the last boss a cakewalk which, after all of the garbage of the kid's rooms, I didn't mind. Really good game. Didn't 100% or anything, but did get all of the masks which was all I was shooting for. Now back to Hyrule Warriors!

Neiteio

Is Twinmold meant to take 500 years to defeat? I've been punching away at it for an age now and nothing has happened.
You need to hit it like six times in one go, in order to bring him down. The hit counter resets if he dives back into the sand. You can pick up and throw the boulders to instantly ground the worm. Only two boulders, though, and you need to ground it four times.

Is Twinmold meant to take 500 years to defeat? I've been punching away at it for an age now and nothing has happened.

Apparently, the hit counter resets whenever it buries itself into the ground. So, yes, this can be a very frustrating fight. I recommend reserving the two boulders for the final phase of the fight.

Molemitts

You need to hit it like six times in one go, in order to bring him down. The hit counter resets if he dives back into the sand. You can pick up and throw the boulders to instantly ground the worm. Only two boulders, though, and you need to ground it four times.
Apparently, the hit counter resets whenever it buries itself into the ground. So, yes, this can be a very frustrating fight. I recommend reserving the two boulders for the final phase of the fight.

Thanks. I ran out of boulders, though.

edit: great, I just died to it. Was Twinmold this awful in the original game? I never got that far.

Neiteio

Thanks. I ran out of boulders, though.
The worm does one of two things: Pops its head out of the sand to spit fireballs, or emerges to fly through the air, back and forth across the arena three times, also shooting fireballs. When it pops its head out, just dodge it and pick up the magic jars it drops. When it flies, the tricky party is keeping track of it — it's even tricky with the c-stick. Roll out of its way but stay close to get in a 2-4 hits as it passes by. Try to roll over the moldbabies while you do so. Since he flies back and forth three times, if you can get two hits each time, you'll ground him; you'll probably get four hits in a single pass.

I'm still not 100% clear on what grounds him. I don't know if it's 6-7 hits per fly-by, total (a fly-by being the time before he returns underground), or if it's hitting each time he passes during a single fly-by.

It's a great battle, but like the second phase of Gyorg, it's a bit time-consuming. Goht is still my favorite battle. :)

Ants

You can do that!? In all my years I never knew, holy crap.

Yeah. This game is just so good about responding to you changing one minor thing about the way you do a task. Well, "minor" in that instance, but. It's one of those "they thought of everything" games.

It's a great battle, but like the second phase of Gyorg, it's a bit time-consuming. Goht is still my favorite battle. :)

No it's a terrible battle. The second phase of Gyorg is easy to figure out since the arena changes and and his sucking attack is a giveaway if you've played a videogame before. The second phase of Twinmold is confusing and gives you zero feedback. Okay, you're a giant and there are two boulders. He goes down immediately after you hit him with one! Works really nicely. But after the boulders are gone, you can't make them reappear again and hitting it gives terrible feedback to the point where it feels like you're not even hurting it at all. Add to that that the hit counter apparently resets when he dives and it make the fight needlessly confusing and drawn out.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
So how well does FD Link work in each of the boss rooms now?

I imagine you can defeat Odolwa through a barrage of beam shots (unless he can block them) and straight-up slashing.

I wonder if you can still crash Goht with beam shots, and then shoot his eye with them? Not the fastest or most fun way to fight him, but an interesting change of pace.

You could probably use the beam shots in lieu of arrows for Gyorg's first phase, but the second phase still requires the Zora.

The one I'm most curious about is Twinmold: Is FD Link able to contribute to this battle? I would think the Light Arrows and Giant's Mask would still be necessary.

Anyone try FD Link on the four dungeon bosses?

Fierce Deity still destroys Odolwa.

The Goht fight is pretty much the same as it was in the N64 version, other than the eye. I still prefer using the Goron Mask for that one, but it can be done with FD Link.

The Gyorg fight... you're right, you can use it against the first phase, but the second phase requires Zora Link.

The Twinmold fight... you CAN use it against the blue Twinmold, but it's so hard to target the eyes with your beams. FD Link can't damage the red Twinmold at all--you have to use the Giant's Mask for that one.

When you grab the red Twinmold after downing him, rotate the Circle Pad to deal additional damage. That makes it so you only have to down him 3 times instead of 4.

Neiteio

Some shots I took to demonstrate the atmosphere and attention to detail. Bear in mind these shots look superior in 3D (especially the shot of the moon looking over the walls of the Deku Palace — it's just not the same in 2D where it's all on the same plane instead of looking like it's miles away):

x8pba.jpg

n7u9o.jpg

2cu12.jpg

78svd.jpg

pnupi.jpg

2ukaf.jpg

yzu0l.jpg

1eso5.jpg

9ru66.jpg

kkucp.jpg

psulz.jpg

ffupi.jpg

weuec.jpg

uquzo.jpg

q6u82.jpg

apud8.jpg

17u4o.jpg

azui1.jpg

buulw.jpg

x7u95.jpg

vyu4v.jpg

bsue5.jpg

pout2.jpg

ctubz.jpg

wcuup.jpg

FINAL AREA SPOILER: http://abload.de/img/gcurn.jpg
FINAL BOSS SPOILER: http://abload.de/img/z0ui2.jpg

Molemitts

Alright I did it. I'm gonna give my thoughts on The Stone Tower Temple since this is the first time I've tried it.

I liked the dungeon a lot, but there were a few parts that annoyed me.

I really like the theme and the idea of the dungeon, I can see why it's the favourite of a lot of people. There's a few reasons why it can become tedious, though, mostly because of the Elegy of Emptiness, in total you don't HAVE to play it that often, but you do have to play it every time you flip the dungeon right side up, if you play perfectly then you wont have to flip that often, but if I found myself unsure where to go I assume that I have to flip the dungeon. This lead to me often flipping it when I didn't need to, but most annoyingly having to play that song 3 times every time I wanted to enter the right side up dungeon, it's too annoying.

The dungeon is quite challenging, which was nice actually. I did have to reset time, but not before I handed in all the Stray Fairies, which didn't give me much trouble at at, thankfully. I didn't get to the boss in time, though since I didn't realise there was an open roof near that switch where I could hookshot to the chest, right before the boss room which really threw me off, but it was honestly just a silly mistake, my fault. It didn't take me that long to get back to where I once was when I reset but rediscovering 2 of the keys I needed was a bit frustrating.

The boss was awful.

Neiteio

The new Twinmold is so polarizing. People either love it or hate it. I personally love it, but I can understand how people struggle with it. I personally think the second worm flashing blue and bleeding with each hit is enough feedback to know you'll knock it down, but I can see how some wouldn't be sure.

Regarding Stone Tower Temple, I'll admit I leaned on a guide a bit in order to ensure I got all 15 Stray Fairies while completing it in one go. I can definitely see it pushing the time limit if one went through it completely blind. It sure is an interesting dungeon, though. I mean, you have all kinds of mechanics at play:

- Flying sections, air turbines, and spike traps with the Deku Scrub
- Lava lakes, rolling, and pillar-punching with the Goron
- Swimming and sinking with the Zora
- Timed switches, timed chests
- Long-distance hookshot targets
- Light puzzles with the Mirror Shield
- Respawning enemies (bring the Stone Mask!)
- Sun dials, sun blocks
- Switch puzzles with Elegy of Emptiness
- Flipping the entire dungeon upside-down and right-side up
- Flipping the statue enemies so they destroy themselves
- Flipping one room to keep moving a block forward

And so on. Not to mention the dungeon features Armos, Poes, Death Armos, Eyegores, Garo Master, Gomess, etc. — enemies that hadn't previously appeared in the game.

It's a great dungeon, but my favorite is Great Bay Temple, which I cleared without any hints, including the 15 Stray Fairies. The new swimming makes it so much easier. It's rather linear in progression — far less confusing than some people say. Even if you find yourself needing to return to a room you accessed when the current was flowing the other way, there are easy ways to get back to those rooms, thanks to the crossroads room near the Boss Key, accessible when the water is flowing either way.

In addition to the current control, Great Bay Temple has great gimmicks like the spout freezing/thawing dynamic and the makeshift platforms out of water and enemies. I also feel it's the most visually interesting temple, thanks to the neon lights and fluorescent pipes. :)

Neiteio

So what's everyone's Top Five Non-Transformation Masks?

In terms of usefulness:

1) Bunny Hood -- This mask is adorable, and running twice as fast and jumping farther is always useful in a game where time is of the essence.

2) Blast Mask -- Every time you reset the clock, you lose your bombs. This makes the Blast Mask invaluable, since you can demolish cracked walls (like the one in the Bomber's Hideout for 100 rupees) or boulders without needing to stock up on bombs. Also useful in a pinch when dealing with Beamos. And remember, if you shield before you self-destruct, you won't take any damage!

3) Great Fairy's Mask — Extremely useful for detecting Stray Fairies and drawing them in once they're freed. Since it's limited to the dungeons, however, the Blast Mask was able to edge it out.

4) Stone Mask — Primarily useful in the Pirate Fortress, since it allows you to walk around freely without being seen. Also useful for getting the Piece of Heart in the Deku Palace's walled garden, and for the sections of Stone Tower Temple with respawning or curse-inflicting enemies.

5) Mask of Truth — Depending on my mood, I might put this above the Stone Mask. If you're playing this game without any prior knowledge of its secrets, this mask is nearly essential for learning about certain character habits, hidden items, quests, etc. It also allows you to rig the odds of a certain minigame in your favor.

When it comes to my favorite masks in terms of how they look... It's harder to say, but the Captain's Hat would probably be at the top, followed by the new Garo's Mask, the Troupe Leader's Mask (love the stream of tears), Don Gero's Mask (goes well with Link's green tunic), and probably the Bremen Mask. Who doesn't like an impromptu parade? Although I've also always been partial to the Mask of Scents (the reward for my favorite quest, the Deku Shrine), and the All-Night Mask is oddly kinky. Fifty Shades of Link!

Neiteio

This is my favorite Zelda now,...wow.

Still haven't played ALBW though.
I think ALBW is the best in the series in terms of pure moment-to-moment gameplay. And I didn't even like ALttP. When I wrote about why ALBW was my GOTY 2013 (edging out The Last of Us and Metal Gear Rising), I used a Breaking Bad meth analogy where I said ALBW is 99.9 percent pure gaming goodness and zen-like flow. So, so, so good.

In terms of the whole package, though, where the overall world and scenario is factored in, Majora's Mask is easily my favorite. And this 3D remake is easily superior to the N64 original. MM3D is now my favorite game on the 3DS, which is saying something when the system also has such incredible titles as Kid Icarus Uprising, Resident Evil Revelations, Pokemon X and Y, Fire Emblem Awakening, and the aforementioned ALBW.

Molemitts

I really like the ones that don't transform you, but are implied to make you look different to the people around you. Bunny Hood and The Great Fairy's mask are certainly the most useful but I love the concept of the Stone Mask, Captain's Hat, Gibdo Mask and Garo's Mask. I always thought that idea was really cool.

Man, that moon is still creeping me out after all these years. The funny thing is: It's also bloody hilarious. I mean, how can you not laugh at that silly grimace (despite it being creepy at the same time)? It's as if somebody at Nintendo said: Ok, let's put in some of that weird shit where everybody usually goes 'lol, there really must be something in the water at Nintendo', but instead of making it appear charming, friendly and funny as we usually do, let's make it creepy this time.

They should do this combination of creepy-weird and funny-weird more often (the infamous piano in Mario 64 is another perfect example). It works exeedingly well.

Woffls

I think I glitched my game and all it seems I can do is turn off and go back to a statue save. Last one was before I started on the 4th temple, which I am now most of the way through.

Not sure what happened, but I'm as normal link on one of those air streams that the deku form can use to go upwards. Link is just bobbing up and down with the bow out and I can't do anything. No mask changes, no ocarina, no actions... just inventory management.

Has anyone heard of this glitch? Have I met with a terrible fate? :(

JonnyKong

Jesus, it felt like it took me forever to get to the third temple, just finding all the eggs, getting caught off the pirates etc

Anyway, I'm saving it there for the night, I shall attempt it tomorrow night.

I have ten hearts, three bottles for fairies, that should be enough right?

I think ALBW is the best in the series in terms of pure moment-to-moment gameplay. And I didn't even like ALttP. When I wrote about why ALBW was my GOTY 2013 (edging out The Last of Us and Metal Gear Rising), I used a Breaking Bad meth analogy where I said ALBW is 99.9 percent pure gaming goodness and zen-like flow. So, so, so good.

In terms of the whole package, though, where the overall world and scenario is factored in, Majora's Mask is easily my favorite. And this 3D remake is easily superior to the N64 original. MM3D is now my favorite game on the 3DS, which is saying something when the system also has such incredible titles as Kid Icarus Uprising, Resident Evil Revelations, Pokemon X and Y, Fire Emblem Awakening, and the aforementioned ALBW.

Must....resist....have to....finish MM first.....;)

BTW: Does anyone else think the
"chicken"
side quest is pretty sad? Man...the whole game is sad. Incredible atmosphere.

1. Bunny Hood
The best thing to save time with next to the Ocarina of Time itself.

2. Mask of Truth
The old classic now more handy than ever seeing that the gossip stones have much more to reveal, plus you finally learn what that one mutts beef is with the Deku Scrub.

3. Captain's Mask
Having Stalchildren as minions makes me feel bad about ever hacking them up, they're so obedient. Also dancing Redeads is just the greatest.

4. Kamaro Mask
You trade your face for the power of slick dance moves whenever you desire, complete with theme music.

5. Troupe leader's mask
Take part in the end of the world despair by blubbering away in the final hours, Link has to let it out sometime.

The great fairy mask is really handy but that face will never not be terrifying, I opened a chest with that thing on and felt nothing but fear.

Must....resist....have to....finish MM first.....;)

BTW: Does anyone else think the
"chicken"
side quest is pretty sad? Man...the whole game is sad. Incredible atmosphere.

Yeah. I mean, that's the nature of the game. Every time you reset time and help a certain individual, you forsake another...it's a bit depressing but that's what makes the game great.

I'm just getting to the third dungeon and the game is still as amazing as I remember. I'm finding it much easier to do a lot of the side quests though compared to when I played it when I was younger. I was dreading the quest to get the
Gilded Sword
but it was so much easier.

Neiteio

The things the Moon Children say to you at the end of each moon dungeon really elevate this game to undeniable art status for me. By that I mean the kind of art that really says something about the human condition.

Their simple questions about
why we wear facades and who we are underneath
, and
what makes us happy
and
whether that makes others happy
, and
whether what makes us happy is innately good
made me shiver. Combined with the game's ultimate message of mercy and forgiveness, the whole experience resonates with me at the deepest level, and puts a well-earned tear in my eye.

Speaking of the moon children, I'm intrigued by how all five of them are miniature versions of the
Happy Mask Salesman
under their masks. They also ask you if you're trying to become a
mask salesman
. Hmm...

Yep, each boss has an eye, which ties them together thematically (prison wardens, created by Majora), and provides structure to each fight.

Speaking of bosses, I just beat Twinmold. AWESOME! Having fought all four dungeon bosses, I can definitely say Goht is still my favorite, but Twinmold is definitely up there. All of the bosses are solid, IMO.

Well, I have 19 hearts and 23 masks. Time to go to the moon, get the 20th Heart Container from the Moon Dungeons, claim the Fierce Deity's Mask, and stop Majora.

But before I do... I'm going to roleplay a bit, and try to set as much straight in the world this same cycle.

So here's the itinerary — skip over this if you're avoiding spoilers (I'll be vague nonetheless):

DAY 1:

- First thing in the morning, grab the Powder Keg and meet Romani
- Defeat Odolwa to restore Woodfall and save the chimp
- In the afternoon, begin the Anju-Kafei sidequest
- Settle the dispute at the mayor's office
- Defeat Goht, restore spring to mountains
- Open Goron Racetrack with another Powder Keg
- Defeat Gyorg to restore Great Bay
- Rehearse with Indigo-Go's
- Continue the quest with the Anju meeting that night.
- Save the bomb lady right afterward. (Sorry, ??? gets shafted in this scenario)
- Dance with the Rosa Sisters
- Go to Romani Ranch and stop the invasion

DAY 2:

- Talk to Cremia and agree to go on wagon ride
- Help the cucco chicks grow up at Romani Ranch
- Defeat Twinmold to heal the spirits of Ikana Valley
- Meet up with Kafei, then Anju, to continue Anju-Kafei sidequest
- Assist Cremia on her milk run
- Play Ballad of the Wind Fish at the Milk Bar

DAY 3:

- Get the Moon's Tear, help all the Business Scrubs
- Continue the Anju-Kafei sidequest, and help the postman
- Help Kafei retrieve what was taken from him

And then, instead of witnessing the reunion of Kafei and Anju... Go to the Clock Tower and stop Majora's Mask. :)
Neiteio, I love this idea in theory, but I'm afraid it does not get my seal of approval. If we're following the game's logic (which it seems like that's what you're trying to do - save and bring happiness to the maximum amount of people in a single cycle), all of your actions become redundant.

When you defeat Majora, the curse is lifted. The poison drains from the swamp. The Gorons see a proper spring. Great Bay's temperatures reach equilibrium. The dead of Ikana find peace. Kafei becomes an adult again. The chicks no longer need to reach adulthood early, because they have their whole lives ahead of them. Etc. etc.!

There are a few things that you can still help with that aren't tied to Majora, like saving the Ranch or helping the Rosa sisters, but a lot of the problems you're trying to solve will happen by virtue of sending Majora's evil spirit back to the dark abyss from whence it came :)

Neiteio

Neiteio, I love this idea in theory, but I'm afraid it does not get my seal of approval. If we're following the game's logic (which it seems like that's what you're trying to do - save and bring happiness to the maximum amount of people in a single cycle), all of your actions become redundant.

When you defeat Majora, the curse is lifted. The poison drains from the swamp. The Gorons see a proper spring. Great Bay's temperatures reach equilibrium. The dead of Ikana find peace. Kafei becomes an adult again. The chicks no longer need to reach adulthood early, because they have their whole lives ahead of them. Etc. etc.!

There are a few things that you can still help with that aren't tied to Majora, like saving the Ranch or helping the Rosa sisters, but a lot of the problems you're trying to solve will happen by virtue of sending Majora's evil spirit back to the dark abyss from whence it came :)
Yeah, that's true. Like you pointed out, only Romani Ranch would have to be saved. And even if you don't save it the same cycle you beat the game, Cremia and Romani will still be fine in the credits. Maybe defeating Majora causes the ghosts to bring the cows back and fix Romani? Seems unlikely since the ghosts were coming around before Majora cursed Termina, but who knows!

I'll say, though, it was super-satisfying doing all of that stuff on the same cycle I beat the game. I went to the moon knowing the gorons were already enjoying spring, the chimp was exonerated and the swamp restored, the Indigo-Go's were all rehearsed and ready for the concert I was about to ensure would go on... All of this and more made it even more satisfying to smite Majora. :)

Yeah, that's true. Like you pointed out, only Romani Ranch would have to be saved. And even if you don't save it the same cycle you beat the game, Cremia and Romani will still be fine in the credits. Maybe defeating Majora causes the ghosts to bring the cows back and fix Romani? Seems unlikely since the ghosts were coming around before Majora cursed Termina, but who knows!

I'll say, though, it was super-satisfying doing all of that stuff on the same cycle I beat the game. I went to the moon knowing the gorons were already enjoying spring, the chimp was exonerated and the swamp restored, the Indigo-Go's were all rehearsed and ready for the concert I was about to ensure would go on... All of this and more made it even more satisfying to smite Majora. :)
Yeah, I bet. I'm planning on doing a boss rush on the final cycle where I face Majora, and probably saving the ranch too (since Cremia is my waifu). As always, Neiteio, it was a pleasure reading through your thoughts throughout this thread. I'm glad to read throughout GAF that this remake hasn't let the truest of the true MM fans down.

I still want to know people's thoughts though on the idea that Link is splitting Termina into a new multiverse every time he travels back, thus dooming the world's inhabitants to death dozens of times over in service of being able to save one variant of each of them one time. This would make the "optimal" playthrough of the game one that is completed in the fewest amount of cycles, as it would result in the fewest amount of dead Bomber kids, dead Romanis, dead Anjus and Kafeis, dead everyones :(

dani_dc

Tried to sell Deku Princess to curiosity shop, unfortunately it did not work.

No it's a terrible battle. The second phase of Gyorg is easy to figure out since the arena changes and and his sucking attack is a giveaway if you've played a videogame before. The second phase of Twinmold is confusing and gives you zero feedback. Okay, you're a giant and there are two boulders. He goes down immediately after you hit him with one! Works really nicely. But after the boulders are gone, you can't make them reappear again and hitting it gives terrible feedback to the point where it feels like you're not even hurting it at all. Add to that that the hit counter apparently resets when he dives and it make the fight needlessly confusing and drawn out.

So much this, I had no idea if I was damaging him or not seeing as every other enemy in the game flashes red when damaged. Much less did I not know that the hit counter was resetting, I honestly thought I was missing something.

Link is slow and lacks in agility while red Twinmold is fast moving, makes the positioning yourself to hit the boss awkward and uninteresting

Dartastic

What's the fastest way to get a powder keg? Also, if I want to open the Goron racetrack, I have to go back and
beat the boss again, right?

Neiteio

Yeah, I bet. I'm planning on doing a boss rush on the final cycle where I face Majora, and probably saving the ranch too (since Cremia is my waifu). As always, Neiteio, it was a pleasure reading through your thoughts throughout this thread. I'm glad to read throughout GAF that this remake hasn't let the truest of the true MM fans down.

I still want to know people's thoughts though on the idea that Link is splitting Termina into a new multiverse every time he travels back, thus dooming the world's inhabitants to death dozens of times over in service of being able to save one variant of each of them one time. This would make the "optimal" playthrough of the game one that is completed in the fewest amount of cycles, as it would result in the fewest amount of dead Bomber kids, dead Romanis, dead Anjus and Kafeis, dead everyones :(
Thanks for the kind words. And I don't think you're dooming different timelines. I think there's only one timeline that you continuously recreate until arriving at the timeline where Majora is finally defeated and the curse is lifted. The items you collect that travel back in time with you must have something special about them that allow them to transcend time and space.

Finding the bomber kids proved more annoying this time around, but catching them is a joke.

Also I figured out why they made Deku Link have to "accelerate". It's a very minor detail, but Deku Link's speed in the original made it a little annoying to get situated on a Deku Flower properly. Since Deku Link starts out slow in 3D, it makes getting situated on the Deku Flowers much less annoying.

Though it does come at the cost of making water-skipping more difficult to pull off. A neutral change overall, I suppose.

Anth0ny

What's the fastest way to get a powder keg? Also, if I want to open the Goron racetrack, I have to go back and

Correct.
Snow has to be melted.

To get the powder keg fastest,
you have to shoot a fire arrow at the ice in the Goron Village and speak to the big Goron. He'll give a powder keg to you for free. Alternatively, beat the boss and the ice will be melted, allowing you to speak to the big Goron and get the keg.

From then on, a Goron will sell you powder kegs in the bomb shop in west Clock Town.

You have to do the rather annoying Biggoron sidequest once to get a powder keg licence (at the back of the Goron village). Afterwards you can just buy them for 50 Rupees at the bomb store in Clock Town (you don't lose the licence when rewinding time).

And yes, the Goron racetrack is only available after beating Snowhead Temple.

Top Bottom