• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3D |OT| Remakes are a Nice Thing to Have… Heh, heh

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm glad I know about the deku link ahead of time because trying to maneuver with this swimming would probably make me smash my 3ds with a hammer.

Neiteio

I'm glad I know about the deku link ahead of time because trying to maneuver with this swimming would probably make me smash my 3ds with a hammer.
Not sure if joking. Swimming is so simple in this game. Easier than it was in the N64.

Less fun in the ocean, doe

hahaha

all of those hours of swimming with zora link on the n64 version came in handy. got that on my first try.
I forgot how many times I tried it with the Bunny Hood. I threw boxes at the switch, thinking the weight would help (they didn't, stupid flimsy boxes). Then the Zora jump hit me like a bolt of lightning, and I forgot the mines were there so I botched my first attempt.
Less fun in the ocean, doe

Less fun in general.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Man, I might go back again and beat the final boss without the Fierce Diety mask. I pretty much just spammed his main attack and finished the fight in under 2 minutes. I'm sure I will have more fun doing it with regular Link.

Jinjo

Uh, was the shortcut to the bean seller at the Deku Palace in the original game?

If I remember correctly the deku bean seller was originally only accessible by going through the gardens. Kinda lame they made the shortcut.

Man, I might go back again and beat the final boss without the Fierce Diety mask. I pretty much just spammed his main attack and finished the fight in under 2 minutes. I'm sure I will have more fun doing it with regular Link.

First time I fought Majora on the old N64 I did it with just regular Link. It's still my personal favourite and best final boss bottle in the entire series when you do it that way (first time).

Molemitts

Yeah, do that. The boss fight is one of my favourites, Fierce Diety Link kinda ruins it.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Yeah, do that. The boss fight is one of my favourites, Fierce Diety Link kinda ruins it.
Yeah, I beat it the first time on N64 with regular Link. Fierce Diety Link made the fight so anti-climatic and boring. No real sense of accomplishment when you can just spam one button and win either. Will give it a shot as regular Link tomorrow.

zigg

I friggin' love the new Bombers' Notebook. The rumors in particular are great—they don't tell you exactly what to do, and yet build up a really nice checklist of things to check into that one might've otherwise missed/not done. I'm pretty sure my 100% run on 3D will be at least marginally more complete than any of my past "100%" runs because of this.

Yeah, I beat it the first time on N64 with regular Link. Fierce Diety Link made the fight so anti-climatic and boring. No real sense of accomplishment when you can just spam one button and win either. Will give it a shot as regular Link tomorrow.

It's always good when a game gives you a good reward for 100%ing (well, kinda, all masks isn't 100%), and say a big fuck you to the boss

I think if you play without guides you will always beat majora's mask without FD link the first time anyway, given how the indications for all the masks in the game are
on the moon
. And god knows some masks are hard to get without a guide.

It is? Oh god, I just gave it the most convoluted input.
You have to use at least two notes but yeah that's it
I usually do LAAAAAAA haha

Hylian7

I had a dream about MM the other night. It was after doing the Stone Tower Temple and seeing these guys...

latest

I dreamed that there was an enemy that was basically a Zora head, wearing the expression link wears when trasnforming into a Zora, with four bony, semi-spiderlike legs, and a longer bony fish tail. They were extremely fast and would crawl at you, and called Pseudozoras. Tatl's description of them was "It's a Pseudozora, watch out, that bony fin is dangerous."

On another note, the fight against the Stone Tower Temple boss was awesome, spoilers for that:
Straight up punching shit was AWESOME! It was funny though as I was afraid to go in the boss room because I was like "What the fuck man, where's the giant's mask, did I miss it?" and spent 20 minutes searching for rooms I might of missed, thinking I misremembered where it was in the original. Then I thought about it and thought "Well there's no way you would be able to get into the boss room without it, so I said "fuck it" and went in there, then I understood everything.

Neiteio

I only have one fish left to catch before I have all 24 fish.

But then I'll have nothing left to do in this game. :-\

I just want to keep playing...

I had a dream about MM the other night. It was after doing the Stone Tower Temple and seeing these guys...

latest

I dreamed that there was an enemy that was basically a Zora head, wearing the expression link wears when trasnforming into a Zora, with four bony, semi-spiderlike legs, and a longer bony fish tail. They were extremely fast and would crawl at you, and called Pseudozoras. Tatl's description of them was "It's a Pseudozora, watch out, that bony fin is dangerous."
That sounds awesome, haha. I can totally picture it.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Well that's just dumb. Why is the garden still even there?

To fly over, and for the heart piece.

I don't really mind the change - the logic for it was probably "We already have a stealth section with the pirate fortress - do we really need another?"

Of course you can forego the stealth in the fortress too if you have the right mask :)

kunonabi

Stayed up to 5 in the morning to finish everything last night. While the time travel stuff wasn't as interconnected and in-depth as I would have liked I still enjoyed the game quite a bit. As far as the 3D Zelda games goes it's right in the middle for me: SS > TP > MM > WW > OoT with TP being my favorite despite SS being the better game overall. As far as the entire Zelda series goes I'd probably put it at 8 or 9.

Now I just need to get around to playing Phantom Hourglass.

JonnyKong

I've finally done it, 26 hours later according to the log, I've beat Majora. What a sensational game! I found the final boss pretty tricky and I actually had to attempt it twice, which is quite annoying cos obviously when you die you gotta go back to stock up on fairies blah blah, it kinda ruins the pace of the game for me. If you're going to restart the boss from the beginning, it should automatically start you off with how many fairies you went in there with.

I finished it with fourteen heart pieces, and I still have about six masks to find. Not sure if I'll bother though as I've never really been a completionist (except for Mario games), and some of the side missions I've left behind seem pretty dull according to some online guides I've read.

I realise I'm offending all you completionists out there, deal with it!

Joqu

EU here, I have an update prompt too but I haven't tried it yet because I wanted to check GAF about it. Guessing it's gonna fail because it was pushed out too early or something..

TheMoon

EU here, I have an update prompt too but I haven't tried it yet because I wanted to check GAF about it. Guessing it's gonna fail because it was pushed out too early or something..

Unless you too are drunk, we have a pattern. It's officially news!
(or are you drunk)

Joqu

And yup, eshop brings me to an empty page. Download seemed to work at first but I got an error partway through.

Made this in pottery:

4A86QFo.jpg

The nose is a little big, and I'm going to add a touch of red around the eyes and add in some glass beads, but I'm happy it turned out pretty freaky haha.
I love this, it came out well.

They should have whipped up one nightmare fuel take on every main species, that deku scrub tree is like a fine base to complete the trio with alongside this dream, assuming I'm not alone in finding Nejirons kinda creepy, just popping up in that one stretch of Ikana, like you've trespassed on the wrong land and JUST LOOK AT THEM!

Nejiron can be BorkBork's next pottery project.

Cess007

Oh man, i've completely forgotten about this feeling you get after warping to the first day but forgot to deposit your rupees in the back before going back in time. Oh well, at least i finished Snowhead temple and got the permission to buy Powder kegs.

I think my list might be the exact reverse of yours haha :D

After replaying WW for WiiU I just don't get why that game gets so much love. Its good, but no where near some other Zelda releases. Especially the dungeon designs...

As for MM, I'm replaying it for the first time on my 3DS since it originally came out on N64, and either my tastes have changed or this remake changes just enough things, but its close to being the top 3D Zelda game for me. Still have a little ways to go, but it might overtake OoT as my favorite.

Joqu

After replaying WW for WiiU I just don't get why that game gets so much love. Its good, but no where near some other Zelda releases. Especially the dungeon designs...

As for MM, I'm replaying it for the first time on my 3DS since it originally came out on N64, and either my tastes have changed or this remake changes just enough things, but its close to being the top 3D Zelda game for me. Still have a little ways to go, but it might overtake OoT as my favorite.

I think it just depends on what you want out of a Zelda game, I know there are people out there who love the Zelda series but don't care for the dungeon aspect of the games. It's true that Wind Waker's dungeons are weak but I love its atmosphere, artstyle and exploration so much that I consider it to be one of my favorites.

That said I also love Twlight Princess especially for its dungeons, I just really appreciate Wind Waker's qualities.

Personally I'd say I'm really adaptable when it comes to Zelda. I love the series for it's "adventure feeling" if anything but even then I'd probably enjoy a Zelda game as long as it excels in one aspect or another. I really love it when they go experimental!

I don't think that's how most people roll when it comes to the series though.

Chuckie

Great atmosphere, great art, exploration and I really got into the story.
That is my issue with MM at the moment though. I have no idea why I am walking around Termina besides collecting masks.

Neiteio

Great atmosphere, great art, exploration and I really got into the story.
That is my issue with MM at the moment though. I have no idea why I am walking around Termina besides collecting masks.
There's a moon falling and you're trying to stop it by freeing the giants

Top Bottom