• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3DS announced!

javac

Same. I honestly have no idea how I've done it.

Soo many classic games I've stayed spoiler free on in the hopes that I get to play them one day. It'll be worth it in the end :)

Funny it was a spoiler about a year and a half ago that made me finally realize I wanted to play the game to completion. I followed that with two more playthroughs almost immediately and it has been an instant favorite (if not most favorite).

I'll avoid irony and not list what the spoiler was.

Hey don't worry about it, I don't know who is saying what or what the spoilers are, I just see black bars and just like the Xenoblade X thread when I see black bars I know I'm in the danager zone.

braves01

Banned
I'm still really excited about this, but I just popped in ALBW for a bit and I think I'd be even more excited for another game like that.

Sciortino

My favourite Zelda game tied with OOT. Seriously can't wait for this to finally come out, but any word on a collectors edition for NA :s?

I'm still really excited about this, but I just popped in ALBW for a bit and I think I'd be even more excited for another game like that.
:( Wish I enjoyed top-down Zelda more. Couldn't really get into ALBW but getting into ALTTP was really difficult for me too, took me years of trying to get into enough to finally beat it.

Top-down for any game makes it harder for me to play, wish I knew why. I've missed out on some highly regarded stuff.

braves01

Banned
:( Wish I enjoyed top-down Zelda more. Couldn't really get into ALBW but getting into ALTTP was really difficult for me too, took me years of trying to get into enough to finally beat it.

Top-down for any game makes it harder for me to play, wish I knew why. I've missed out on some highly regarded stuff.

I'm definitely a bigger fan of 2D Zelda than 3D, but fortunately I do enjoy both.

Crisium

My favourite game of all-time is finally getting a remake. My favourite game of last gen also got a port to 3DS, Xenoblade, but I wasn't so sure about that one getting the major visual downgrade.

Unlike Xenoblade, this game is actually enchanced by 3DS hardware. It's the same 240 vertical resolution of the N64 game, but in a wider aspect ratio and with more detailed textures and character models. And 3D is there as a bonus. I have fewer mixed feelings about this one than Xenoblade, but I still can't help but be disappointed that the game isn't getting stronger hardware behind it.

That being said, I am going to snag that collectors edition! Along with a regular edition.

Neiteio

Getting all of the masks and completing all four mini-dungeons on the moon to get the Fierce Deity's Mask is so satisfying. And thanks to the time travel, you can revisit the bosses of each main dungeon (skipping straight to them with a warp pad at the dungeon entrance) and kick their asses using the Fierce Deity's Mask. :-D

Also looking forward to zipping around the ocean as the Zora, and rolling around as the Goron. The Zelda series has yet to create a form of traversal as fun as those two, IMO.

Oh, and I never get tired of defending Romani Ranch from aliens. Or fending off bandits attacking Cremia's carriage. Or playing Ballad of the Wind Fish in the Milk Bar.

Or stopping the thief in North Clock Town. Or listening to the debate at City Hall. Or reuniting Anju and Kafei. Or racing the Deku Butler, or the Gorons for gold dust.

This game. >3 >3 >3

Doczu

Ok, so the official Ninntendo UK store and GAME both don't ship outside of the UK and there are (at the moment) no other options for mainland Europe i start thinking about pre-ordering the game from Australia. Does EB ship outside of their country? I'm really want to get my hands on the CE of this game :(

Persona7

Banned
the mail room upgrade looks nice

I think I am going to sell my XL and get a regular new 3DS when they come out for this game

Neiteio

I'm not sure if this has been posted here.
Anyway compare new vs old
http://imgur.com/a/YsshB

The Astral Laboratory got a downgrade :(

Yeah where the hell are the trippy colours?!

Everything else is amazing though and far better than before.
If I had to guess, they removed the colors from the staircase so it's that much more surprising (for new players) when they reach the top and are hit by the colors of the observatory.

Getting all of the masks and completing all four mini-dungeons on the moon to get the Fierce Deity's Mask is so satisfying. And thanks to the time travel, you can revisit the bosses of each main dungeon (skipping straight to them with a warp pad at the dungeon entrance) and kick their asses using the Fierce Deity's Mask. :-D

Well, you'd really only be able to use it on two bosses: Gyorg and Odolwa. Goht constantly moves away from you, and goads you into getting closer by shooting lightning at you from across the arena, and Twinmold is too large to effectively fight without the Giant's Mask.

I've forgotten if Gyorg is any easier with the FD mask, although I can't imagine it is. Odolwa is obviously easier.

gerudoman

Hmm, the Special Edition is £45 on the UK store, how much would that usually be in €? I'm aware that it's roughly €60, but I don't know how Nintendo does the conversion. Wouldn't really mind €60 for this SE to be honest, which probably means the regular version will be €50?

The normal edition is 51€ in the UK store, and no other 3DS title has costed that much, which means that games there are ridiculously overpriced. I assume the special edition will be close to 45-50€ in other retailers such as Media Markt.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
If I had to guess, they removed the colors from the staircase so it's that much more surprising (for new players) when they reach the top and are hit by the colors of the observatory.

But you already have the trek through the dull-ass sewer! I demand an instant "wow!" moment!

Rich!

The normal edition is 51€ in the UK store, and no other 3DS title has costed that much, which means that games there are ridiculously overpriced. I assume the special edition will be close to 45-50€ in other retailers such as Media Markt.

No shit.

I'm importing a PAL New Nintendo 3DS XL from Australia, will get it in two weeks. Even with 2-5 day shipping via UPS to the UK included, the total cost of it is £170....which is the retail price here for the current XL. And the one I'm getting is the new 3DS!!

We get ripped off, big time. And not just on the official Nintendo Store.

Rich!

Oh god. I just remembered the goron maze in the final area. That shit was tense as fuck.

Also, did anyone else make sure the bunny hood was the very last Mask you traded at the end? Once you first try that goddamn thing, there's no going back. Gotta go fast.

Jinjo

Beating the pirate fortress without the stone mask is awesome though!

Oh man, I totally forgot about that place. Absolutely loved this game to death but I only ever finished it once, maybe twice and that's been over a decade ago. This game actually might almost feel new to me, even though I 100%'d it.

Already looking everyday at online retailers if they have the LE in stock. I wants the precious.

Rich!

Oh man, I totally forgot about that place. Absolutely loved this game to death but I only ever finished it once, maybe twice and that's been over a decade ago. This game actually might almost feel new to me, even though I 100%'d it.

Already looking everyday at online retailers if they have the LE in stock. I wants the precious.

If you are in the UK, the official nintendo store has the special edition. I preordered it last night, they dont charge until dispatch.

Doczu

I ordered the LE earlier today at EB Games.

Fun to do it both ways! I liked how the Gerudo Guards would say: "Do you think you can trick us with that mask?"

I just went to EB Games, but they just show the normal edition of the game available for pre-order. No more copies, or am i doing it wrong? :(

Yrael

I just went to EB Games, but they just show the normal edition of the game available for pre-order. No more copies, or am i doing it wrong? :(

I went to a store in the city to put a $10 deposit down on the limited edition (they actually originally asked for a $30 deposit, but I didn't have the cash on me). I'm not sure if it can be pre-ordered online (looking at the page for Majora's Mask I can see a description of the LE there, but it says it'll be available for pre-order from "selected retailers").

Doczu

I went to a store in the city to put a $10 deposit down on the limited edition (they actually originally asked for a $30 deposit, but I didn't have the cash on me). I'm not sure if it can be pre-ordered online (looking at the page for Majora's Mask I can see a description of the LE there, but it says it'll be available for pre-order from "selected retailers").

God damn, nothing again. Well, we just have to wait and see what the other ones are going to do.

Yrael

God damn, nothing again. Well, we just have to wait and see what the other ones are going to do.

There isn't an option for pre-ordering the LE on that page (the small description of the LE was just a part of the product overview). I suggest going to a physical store to ask if they'll have it in stock.

Doczu

There isn't an option for pre-ordering the LE on that page (the small description of the LE was just a part of the product overview). I suggest going to a physical store to ask if they'll have it in stock.

Not possible, as i live in Poland and i try to find a stroe which will ship to my country. As for now it's or UK exclusive (as in - no shipment outisde the country). And i'm almost a 100% sure that my local distribuor won't have any copies in stock. Ever.

Yrael

Not possible, as i live in Poland and i try to find a stroe which will ship to my country. As for now it's or UK exclusive (as in - no shipment outisde the country). And i'm almost a 100% sure that my local distribuor won't have any copies in stock. Ever.

Oh, bugger. :( Hopefully you'll find a store selling it online to Poland.

Rich!

Get a GAF member to help. Someone who can forward it to you.

Obviously a member you can trust though.

Well, you'd really only be able to use it on two bosses: Gyorg and Odolwa. Goht constantly moves away from you, and goads you into getting closer by shooting lightning at you from across the arena, and Twinmold is too large to effectively fight without the Giant's Mask.

I've forgotten if Gyorg is any easier with the FD mask, although I can't imagine it is. Odolwa is obviously easier.

Gyorg is incredibly easy with the FD-mask . Just lock on and jamm B to spam the engergy-attack thing and he is dead.

Rich!

Gyorg is incredibly easy with the FD-mask . Just lock on and jamm B to spam the engergy-attack thing and he is dead.

Yep.

To be fair, hes not too bad with the zora mask either. Just use the electric attack.

Anyhow, the best thing about MM3D is that I will be playing it on my New Nintendo 3DS XL with flawless 3D, even whilst using the gyro. It will be amazing.

Doczu

Get a GAF member to help. Someone who can forward it to you.

Obviously a member you can trust though.

I thought of it already, but i don't know anyone here. Or at least, not good enough to trust him with my money. I would love to do it, if anyone is interested (and in a way that is safe and secure for both parties involved). But i'll wait for a official response from my local distributor (as i would love to show some support) - for now i spam their facebook page with my question, but untill now - no response.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Really looking forward to replaying my favorite game of all-time again :D

Have fond memories of talking to different NPCs at different times, trying to see if I could find any interesting dialogue.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well Nintendo UK is sending the free Luigi hat already...

...so I guess I will not be allowed to cancel my order then.

TheMoon

Man I can't wait, I'm really happy Nintendo announced it now, all the teasing was getting to me ahaha.

I hope MM3D kicks ass in sale numbers, it is truly an awesome Zelda game. I'm gonna see my creepy old pal The Moon again.

I'm sorry I don't think we've met.

without reading the whole thread, is there also a New 3DS MM edition being announced already or at least rumored?

Obviously not. New 3DS doesn't exist outside of JP and AU. They're not talking about it for obvious reasons. Expect New 3DS enhanced features to be talked about alongside the proper New 3DS announcement early next year.

Rich!

Well Nintendo UK is sending the free Luigi hat already...

...so I guess I will not be allowed to cancel my order then.

if it was a waluigi hat you could have

and then if they pick up on it, you just tell them "HA HA, NO - WALUIGI TIME!"

dock

Am I the only person that has found this game impenetrable?

I've tried to play it twice, and gave up a short while in. I don't remember the specific point in the game, but I recall finding the resetting mechanic pretty annoying. I really want to like Majora. I've completed 10+ Zelda games, but not this one.

It took me many years to finally get into Ocarina of Time as well, but I completed that in 2007 so there's been plenty of time for Majora since then.

Are there any tips of how to have a less miserable time with the first five hours of this game?

Top Bottom