• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3DS announced!

Kinsei

Banned
Am I the only person that has found this game impenetrable?

I've tried to play it twice, and gave up a short while in. I don't remember the specific point in the game, but I recall finding the resetting mechanic pretty annoying.

It took me many years to finally get into Ocarina of Time as well, but I completed that in 2007 so there's been plenty of time for Majora since then.

Are there any tips of how to have a less miserable time with the first five hours of this game?

Every time you return to the first day play the song of time backwards to slow down the clock.

Fiktion

Banned
Funny it was a spoiler about a year and a half ago that made me finally realize I wanted to play the game to completion. I followed that with two more playthroughs almost immediately and it has been an instant favorite (if not most favorite).

I'll avoid irony and not list what the spoiler was.
Now I'm curious. What was it? Just put it behind tags. Or PM.

I'm sorry I don't think we've met.

Obviously not. New 3DS doesn't exist outside of JP and AU. They're not talking about it for obvious reasons. Expect New 3DS enhanced features to be talked about alongside the proper New 3DS announcement early next year.

Alright, i've been a bit out of the loop so i haven't kept up... anyway, hopefully there will be a limited edition MM for the New 3DS then just how they did for the release of Ocarina (or am i confusing this with the ALBW one hmmm)

KNT-Zero

I'm not sure if this has been posted here.
Anyway compare new vs old
http://imgur.com/a/YsshB

Wow, I have to admit, I didn't see that much of a difference between the old version and this until I saw these.

I'm hoping they will add some sort of new side quests or content to the main game. I finished the game like 3 times, so I'm not really thinking of biting just yet....

tumblr_mjaqag5Y2Y1qh7hnuo1_r2_400.gif

Looks great! The differences are bigger than I thought. They could give the characters some actual hands though.

anastazius

Neo Member
Can anyone let me know if preorders on the Nintendo UK Store take money when you order or when the item is despatched? I wanna order the MM3D Collectors Edition but I'm a bit low on funds at the moment. Thanks!

Rich!

Can anyone let me know if preorders on the Nintendo UK Store take money when you order or when the item is despatched? I wanna order the MM3D Collectors Edition but I'm a bit low on funds at the moment. Thanks!

"credit card" includes debit cards too. So the answer is yes, point of dispatch. order it now before its too late!

BY2K

Membero Americo
What was the music in the trailer, before it goes into Majora's Incarnate theme? I knew it sounded familiar (my first hint that they were revealing MM3D) but couldn't put my finger on it.

Also, is it me or are they doing an even bigger job than OOT3D to upgrade the textures and some of the models?

CassSept

Not possible, as i live in Poland and i try to find a stroe which will ship to my country. As for now it's or UK exclusive (as in - no shipment outisde the country). And i'm almost a 100% sure that my local distribuor won't have any copies in stock. Ever.

Are you sure? Most of the LEs do come to Poland, the only one I can think of that no store had was Bayonetta first print edition.

Rich!

What was the music in the trailer, before it goes into Majora's Incarnate theme? I knew it sounded familiar (my first hint that they were revealing MM3D) but couldn't put my finger on it.

Also, is it me or are they doing an even bigger job than OOT3D to upgrade the textures and some of the models?

Its the Fencing Grounds.

I didnt recognize it at first either. Rarely ever visit that place.

Kinsei

Banned

I`m pretty sure it`s the music that plays while you`re inside the dojo.

Yrael

Alright, i've been a bit out of the loop so i haven't kept up... anyway, hopefully there will be a limited edition MM for the New 3DS then just how they did for the release of Ocarina (or am i confusing this with the ALBW one hmmm)

There was indeed a limited edition 3DS for Ocarina of Time - it's probably one of the most beautiful special editions that have been released so far:

Zelda3DS.png

I actually do think there's a good chance that there will be a "special edition" release of Majora's Mask in North America -but it won't be the collector's bundle of Europe/Australia. Instead, it'd most likely be a bundle with a special edition 3DS, just like the Ocarina of Time 3DS back in the day.

Fencing Grounds in Clock Town - this bit:

heart12.jpg

Doczu

Are you sure? Most of the LEs do come to Poland, the only one I can think of that no store had was Bayonetta first print edition.

We are talking about a Nintendo game CassSept. You and I both know that it's not easy when it comes to Nintendo games in our country. Even though the current distributor tries to change that, i won't rest untill there will be a confirmation if and where it could be obtained.

Rich!

LE is up for preorder on GAME.

ehh, I'll stick with my nintendo store preorder.

edit: oh no I fucking wont, I have £9 of GAME credit!!!

edit edit: oh wait I spent that the other day on starfox 3D. mission abort! I will stick with the nintendo store preorder.

CassSept

We are talking about a Nintendo game CassSept. You and I both know that it's not easy when it comes to Nintendo games in our country. Even though the current distributor tries to change that, i won't rest untill there will be a confirmation if and where it could be obtained.

I realize that obviously, after so many years I've abandoned hope (though the new publisher seems to be trying) but the recent Limited Editions were all readily available, like Wind Waker, Mario Kart 8 or Hyrule Warriors, for now I'm hopeful it works out this time too, I need that steelbook :)

Rich!

Seeing as Game are offering international shipping...

If you are in america, Order the limited edition PAL version from game.co.uk and when you get it, sell the sealed PAL copy inside on ebay or here on gaf and replace it with an USA one.

Boom. American special edition

Herr K

Banned
Preodered the PAL edition and I only have a NA 3DS :lol

I still don't know if I should get a 2DS or if it's worth waiting for the N3DS. What are the chances of seeing the PAL N3DS before August next year?

Rich!

Preodered the PAL edition and I only have a NA 3DS :lol

I still don't know if I should get a 2DS or if it's worth waiting for the N3DS. What are the chances of seeing the PAL N3DS before August next year?

You dont need to wait. You can get a PAL one this month.

I'm getting a PAL New Nintendo 3DS XL in two weeks time from now. Yep. Will work with all my UK games.

Out in Australia on 21st November. Play asia are selling the standard PAL model for £140 and the xl for not much more.

So is anyone else hoping for a mode that maybe... makes time go faster? Or a song that does so? I don't know if all the dungeons would even be possible with a faster time limit, but I think that would be a cool way to entice old fans to keep playing.

Also... looks MUCH better than I remember after watching the first trailer! Those who say the atmosphere is lost are silly, the only scene that seems to have lost a BIT of atmosphere is the HMS' intro scene, it seems. These shots look great.

Herr K

Banned
You dont need to wait. You can get a PAL one this month.

I'm getting a PAL New Nintendo 3DS XL in two weeks time from now. Yep. Will work with all my UK games.

Out in Australia on 21st November. Play asia are selling the standard PAL model for £140 and the xl for not much more.

I know, my man. Maybe January.

Rich!

Australia import ends up being more expensive. I'm not feeling that.

Uh...no it doesnt.

The amount I am paying for my N3DS XL and 2-5 day postage together from mightyape is a grand total of £170. Whats the RRP of the standard XL here in the UK? £170.

And to avoid the question of possible import tax, you can purchase an import from 365games, based in the UK. £180 for a N3DS XL. Only a £10 increase and no extra charges at all.

AniHawk

the one thing that makes me really excited for mm3d is that nintendo always treats its ports right. oot3d also brought over master quest, and included boss rush mode. mm didn't have anything like master quest, and boss rush mode should be a lock. i wonder then what else will be included in the game? although i guess all tww hd was was massively cleaning up the game's huge pacing problems and ease of use in other ways. i don't think mm has those kinds of problems.

Top Bottom