• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Making A Murderer - Netflix 10-part documentary series - S1 now streaming on Netflix

Xexros

Banned
And fuck this judge. Why should we believe he's not corrupt too? Denies everything the defense brings up. Won't let the jurors know about the voicemail passwords. Goddamit

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Anyway, you guys putting any weight on the Anonymous documents that are ment to leak in a day or so?
I had mentioned that it seems the person behind the account has done whatever needs to be done and has sent it to the lawyers already. I didn't see anything indicating a reveal or leak, but who knows?

Yeah Kratz is a real piece of work. Mr high and mighty condescending prick gets caught sexting with sexual abuse victims. Nice guy.

Not just that - other women came forward and said he abused his position of authority to do the same thing to them as well - sext me back and I'll not drop the case you're bringing. It wasn't a single unfortunate mistake, never happened before, don't know what I was thinking kind of thing, he was a predator with power and entirely untrustworthy.

Kaiterra

Banned
You're reaching. You might as well say, "maybe she spontaneously combusted. You can't tell me for a fact that she didn't." It's not the job of investigators to come up with every absurd possibility. None of the evidence even remotely suggests it was anyone except Avery.

Except that Avery was not the only one with access to the salvage yard who would have been there at that time. His brothers were just as good suspects as he was and they weren't investigated. There was a laser focus on Avery from minutes after the car was found (if not before) but nothing actually tied him to the crime more than any other available suspect until a good while into the searches, with most of that evidence (the key, the shell, the blood) being suspect.

Who knows, maybe it wasn't so much a conspiracy to put Avery away to make the lawsuit go away as it was just another incidence of the shitty Manitowoc cops trying to cover the tracks of their inept police work, realizing they'd put so many resources into going after the wrong guy when it was too late to change course and save face.

Alastor3

I just saw the first episode, it's interesting, but I don't know if I will continue to watch that for a dozen 1h long episodes

finalflame

I just saw the first episode, it's interesting, but I don't know if I will continue to watch that for a dozen 1h long episodes

It just keeps getting better and better. After the first episode all I could think was "How can this possibly be 10 1-hour episodes?", but trust me, it's never a dull moment.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
What I don't get is how (episode 9)
the defense was ok with stopping Brendan's interrogation tape before the crucial moment. This is where he speaks with his mom and says they got to his head. Didn't the lawyers know this important bit was there further in? They should've showed that footage.

In a way, what happened to Brendan is even more infuriating than what happened to Steve, because there's
nothing! That whole case is thin air. No (dna) evidence, confessions that changed 8 times, the obvious coercion... This kid has been spending 8 or 9 years in prison after he's been mentally abused by police and investigators.

And can you believe that
oscar-worthy performance of that POS investigator as he made that entire Teresa display with the blue ribbon? And him choking up every time he saw the ribbon?

That was absolutely vile and disgusting. Like was said at the end, Brendan had a lawyer that was working for the prosecution. Everyone was teaming up to do the most damage possible to this kid, who didn't even know the difference between a lawyer and a police officer, or the meaning of the word 'inconsistent'. And after they got rid of the lawyer, the worst bit of 'evidence' he helped create (phone call with this mom), was still used in court! Can you believe this shit.

The 9th ep in particular was hard for me to watch.

Dalek

I saw this on reddit-an interview with Dean Strang on questions people have after watching the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9h5C901lGE

Important things:
confirms the father of a sheriff deputy on the juror thing. apparently, they can only remove six people and they thought it was more important to remove six others
ultimately, SA's choice not to testify
didn't move the trial to another county because after that sham of a press conference following BD's 'confession' everyone would've been as biased against him anywhere, manitowoc people would at least be more aware of SA's history with them
doesn't think anything really significant was left out or omitted, says the documentary presents evidence 'hinting' at guilt that wasn't even admitted in court
potential phone records between lenk and colborn would be admissible in court if anonymous were to leak them
basically says presenting different theories for BD and SA is bullshit, though it does happen
SA needs strong new evidence for a new trial (new witness, scientific testing, etc)
defense never got to do their own testing of the evidence
re: people crushing on him 'my wife finds this very, very hard to believe'
is asked about suspects, says it wouldn't be fair to name them, a lot of people had the same opportunities as steven and the same motive (or lack, thereof)
talks about *67, says SA was very protective of his privacy as an explanation
thinks the documentary should be used to bring more attention to systematic failings of the system
doesn't know if SA is innocent, but is nowhere near certain that he's guilty. selfishly hopes SA is guilty.
says the SA viewers see in the documentary is the real SA, there's no facade
the documentary HAS generated new leads
says BD has a very strong defense team right now
And that's the gist of it, I think. Pretty informative, IMO.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Found this on reddit:

5lb6ppo.jpg

Supposedly, Mike Halbach works for the Packers.

EthanC

Banned
And fuck this judge. Why should we believe he's not corrupt too? Denies everything the defense brings up. Won't let the jurors know about the voicemail passwords. Goddamit

He actually heard all of the evidence and not just the one-sided info the "documentarians" provided.

yyzjohn

Banned
It doesn't change the questions I'd need answered to say definitively guilty.

The blood in the car and the DNA on the hood, I can't explain; that's highly suspicious and puts Steven in the radar. The burnt remains are also highly suspicious, and also implicate Steven as well obviously. The bullet in the garage and key are HIGHLY questionable. The lack of DNA in the trailer and garage are key for me. If I was on that jury, that would have to be answered for me.

Switching gears up a bit here, I've been browsing that Twitter account that has supposed connections to Anonymous. I said before it seems like a hoax and nothing was done, well, I don't know if anything was done exactly but the account seems to indicate something was sent and they're waiting. There's also a woman on there that claims she saw Steven at a gas station the time of the crime - again this is all highly suspect since it's the Internet and anyone can say anything. The account just told her to get in touch with Buting. Additionally, the burnt remains...? Well, that account linked to a site in google maps and suggested the body could've been burnt there and the remains moved onto Steven's yard too.

Regardless of what happens, I would be incredibly stoked to see a season 2 where a complete turnabout happens and that Anonymous actually did do something.

Not holding my breath on the Anonymous crap. How can a bunch of internet geeks suddenly uncover missing evidence 10 years after the fact?

q_q

Not holding my breath on the Anonymous crap. How can a bunch of internet geeks suddenly uncover missing evidence 10 years after the fact?
Internet detectives have solved cold cases before. It's rare but it happens. Problem with this case is any rational person can tell there was a huge miscarriage of justice here, so what they need is hard scientific evidence to get something done. Hard for internet detectives to come by.

EthanC

Banned
I just finished episode 9.. I'm enraged. What's the likely hood of him getting a pardon?

Watch episode 10.

There's not enough evidence for him to even get a re-trial, let alone a pardon. Again, the state's judicial system gets to see everything and not just the stuff the people who made the documentary hand-picked.

yyzjohn

Banned
The 1985 wrong conviction of Avery reminds me of a Canadian case back from 1984. Guy Paul Morin was convicted and then later exonerated based on advances in DNA. The same sort of police misconduct happened in that case where they were convinced they had their man and tunnel vision took over. Sadly in that case, no-one else was ever charged in that murder, and it remains unsolved to this day.

Kaiterra

Banned
He actually heard all of the evidence and not just the one-sided info the "documentarians" provided.

All the evidence that was left out in the documentary is way less convincing of Avery's guilt than the evidence actually presented in the doc so I am not sure where this attitude comes from. Also a bunch of it isn't even evidence and wasn't presented in court.

yyzjohn

Banned
He may as well have been, considering that the DA broadcasted Brendan's original confession to the world in that March 2nd press conference. I'm sure that had an impact on the jurors who believed them both to be guilty.

It's actually worse for Avery that Brendan's confession wasn't in his trial. As you said, the jury would have heard about the news conference and known that he "made a confession" but without hearing the defense attack that confession and how he was coerced into it. It's really sad that lawyers get to try their cases in the press. How that media conference was allowed to happen and all those details given out is just crazy.

Kaiterra

Banned
It's actually worse for Avery that Brendan's confession wasn't in his trial. As you said, the jury would have heard about the news conference and known that he "made a confession" but without hearing the defense attack that confession and how he was coerced into it. It's really sad that lawyers get to try their cases in the press. How that media conference was allowed to happen and all those details given out is just crazy.

Yeah there was absolutely no reason for that press conference to happen except to intentionally taint the jury pool.

yyzjohn

Banned
Yeah there was absolutely no reason for that press conference to happen except to intentionally taint the jury pool.

Actually let me ammend my previous statement. While I still believe the press conference with the confession shouldn't have been allowed to happen, not having Brendan as a witness might have also swayed the jury the other way.

Example: you're a juror on the trial and you've heard the press conference and how the nephew confessed that he and his uncle did it. So you would expect this nephew to be a star witness at the trial, prosecution has first hand knowledge of the crime. But then he's not called and you could think "why wasn't he called? maybe his confession is bogus, maybe he's not reliable and they actually didn't do it.."

Along those lines, so I guess it can work both ways.

Kaiterra

Banned
Actually let me ammend my previous statement. While I still believe the press conference with the confession shouldn't have been allowed to happen, not having Brendan as a witness might have also swayed the jury the other way.

Example: you're a juror on the trial and you've heard the press conference and how the nephew confessed that he and his uncle did it. So you would expect this nephew to be a star witness at the trial, prosecution has first hand knowledge of the crime. But then he's not called and you could think "why wasn't he called? maybe his confession is bogus, maybe he's not reliable and they actually didn't do it.."

Along those lines, so I guess it can work both ways.

I mean we know that going into deliberations most of the jury was actually in favor of a Not Guilty verdict. I wish we knew why that was and how that changed.

Jerm411

That's exactly why they did it and it worked...they knew those charges weren't going to stick, it was just to get ahead of the defense and put the perception out there.

That's exactly why they did it and it worked...they knew those charges weren't going to stick, it was just to get ahead of the defense and put the perception out there.
So much slime from the prosecution. Unbelievable. If they had a slam dunk case they wouldnt need to engineer this media circus.

cwmartin

The spot brendan got off the school bus, and where Teresa was claimed to be seen taking photos is a little over 1/4 of a mile away. Brendan noted the spot he gets dropped off, and said it takes him 4 minutes to walk home.

A large part of the prosecutions timeline requires the bus driver, and brendan to have seen Teresa at the time he gets dropped off. The bus driver testified to this.

We know 100% we can't assume Brendan knows what he is saying in his testimony, and we are supposed to believe the bus driver could see and identify Teresa from a little over 1/4 of a mile away?

Bus driver statement came after Teresa was reported missing, he car description was released, and Teresa's last known location are revealed.

I feel like im taking crazy pills that this would make sense to anyone.

Kaiterra

Banned
So much slime from the prosecution. Unbelievable. If they had a slam dunk case they wouldnt need to engineer this media circus.

It's funny how much whining there is about the documentary being one sided now when uh... Look at the public presentation of the case for years. I watched all those news reports and Dateline specials and shit at the time and there sure was a lot of evidence and testimony in Steven's favor that was a part of the trial that never got much traction in the press until this doc. If anything, even if it is intentionally biased (regarding which I believe the filmmakers that they tried to get access to both sides and couldn't), it's just righting the scales from the way this has had nearly 10 years to play out in the media.

Wabba

Just finished, watched everything in one big sitting.

I could understand that Stephen was convicted, there was enough evidence there to be guilty. But how can Brendan be convicted? There was no DNA of him or of the victim at the crime scene, he changes his statement many times and there are no truth behind what he says. The kid is not the brightest kid in the world, and he makes the kid in Paradise Lost look like Albert Einstein. They press him three times and the last time he cracks, they put word in his mouth and when he was drawing, he was basically pushed to draw the murder scene. How could this be evidence and it's the only evidence they have. It's so easy to see that the police was desperate to get him in jail. They deserve the shit storm that they have got afterwards. Obama do something!!

A friend of mine on FB just called this "quite possibly the most aggressive display of injustice and mistreatment" they'd ever heard of.

I've not yet seen the series, but given some of the egregious abuses of justice in our country's history, is this really that lopsided of a case?

aerts1js

A friend of mine on FB just called this "quite possibly the most aggressive display of injustice and mistreatment" they'd ever heard of.

I've not yet seen the series, but given some of the egregious abuses of justice in our country's history, is this really that lopsided of a case?

It's pretty damn bad.

Dalek

I think that your friend is right in as far as what they've ever heard of. I think the reality is things like this happen all the time-and this one just happened to have a camera on at the time to capture it.

The kid on trial didn't know the difference between yards and feet or what the word "inconsistent" meant.

It's absurd.

Boke1879

I'm not saying the man is innocent but I don't know how he's convicted beyond reasonable doubt and there is just way too much bullshit in this case. Like most of the prosecutions evidence shouldn't even be considered.

It's funny how much whining there is about the documentary being one sided now when uh... Look at the public presentation of the case for years. I watched all those news reports and Dateline specials and shit at the time and there sure was a lot of evidence and testimony in Steven's favor that was a part of the trial that never got much traction in the press until this doc. If anything, even if it is intentionally biased (regarding which I believe the filmmakers that they tried to get access to both sides and couldn't), it's just righting the scales from the way this has had nearly 10 years to play out in the media.
I tried to be as neutral as possible but simply cannot for the life of me make sense of the events described in prosecution's timeline. All they do is emotionally blackmail. Look at this big bad wolf Steven and how he raped and murdered this innocent little red riding hood, opps, I mean woman. and how dare you question the decency of these morally upstanding righteous public servants. Do you want to believe that your Sheriff is corrupt??? Do you want to accept that you are at the mercy of a corrupt system? No, and here's the way to feel secure. You must accept the evidence we present. Cops good, Avers bad!

Anyways, this reddit post sums up my questioning of the events:
[–]mvw2 678 points 21 hours ago
I watched the documentary, and I agree there was specific bias towards the defendants side. I don't know if the police department was asked to be part of the documentary in order to make it less biased.
I don't recall this whole ordeal or have anything invested. However as I watched the documentary, biased as it may be, I was amazed at ALL of the key details and how badly they are used as legitimate proof when it's all rather laughable. All of it is swiss cheese shot at by a machine gun. The information is flawed and does not work together. I laughed at some points and scoffed at others at how they use certain pieces of evidence as reasonable proof when no intelligent man would come to that conclusion. It was so flawed, but everyone seemed to ignore the flaws.
Now this isn't a matter of if he did or did not do these acts. Frankly, let's assume he did do it, he did kill her. Let's start with that.
First, he's linked to her. He brought her there through the reasonable action of getting his car photographed. So she's there. Now what? What's the intent? What's the motive to make the next step? That was NEVER defined.
Second, let's say he kills her. The only thing known was she was shot. No other information is known, not when, not where, not by who, and no other actions are known (torture, rape, cutting, etc.). There is no information, none, only Brandon's discussion, only his words and solely his words, to which he changed a LOT as to time, what, everything.
Now the offense focused on her getting tortured and killed in the house, in the garage, and burned in the fire pit. Ok, how, with what? Where's the blood? Did you see how messy that house was, how messy that garage was? Where'd the blood go? Where'd the hair go? Where'd the skin, finger prints, and all other dna go? It's nowhere. It doesn't exist.
Let's move onto moving the body. There is her blood in the trunk of her car. Ok. Why? It went from house, to garage, to fire pit. Why is there any blood in the car at all? Why would the car ever be involved?
Ok, the body is burned and now it's time to get rid of the evidence. The body stays on the property. Why? Why would anyone keep the body close? Why is the car there? Why was it not crushed, hidden, torn apart. It's what they do. They tear apart and crush cars. They can make that stuff disappear or make it unrecognizable easily. It's never done. The car isn't even tossed anywhere. Why wasn't it driven a state over and dumped in a river? Why was the car conspicuously placed at his location. When the site was searched, why did the search party go straight to the car, exactly straight to the car. Does that seem odd? It's a 40 acre property with probably thousands of cars.
Why were the bones the way they were? Was the body chopped up? Where are other pieces of the body? There's a lot more to a body than just bones. What about teeth? What about her clothes, jewelry, and personal belongings?
Let's talk about the key. What information was on the key? His dna, only his dna it seems, not hers, not her mechanics, not her husbands, not friends, no one else's just his. How does that work?
Let's talk about the bullet? Why was it where it was? Where was the blood, the impact site? Why would it be buried in some obscure place? If she was shot and this bullet just landed there, where's the blood? Where's the firing location and bullet path? Where did the bullet come from and where did it go? There is no dna of hers there on anything. The garage is messy, extremely messy. There'd be blood everywhere on everything. It'd all have to be cleaned, meticulously. Did that happen? Nope. The garage was a mess, dirty, and with dna everywhere, uncleaned. Yet, there's no blood, no skin, no hair, nothing of Terresa's. Why was it missing.
Let's go to the bedroom. Let's say it did happen, she was shackled to the bed, stripped naked, and abused. She was beat, stabbed, raped. Ok. Where's any evidence? Again, blood, hair, skin, semen, anything? Was the room cleaned? No. It was a dirty mess.
In fact, nowhere on the property was any evidence of Terrisa. The only places anything was was the key, found much later, the car with superficial blood in various locations (why?), and a single bullet that came so much later. All the evidence was found by only one man, the same man over and over.
Does any of this seem...odd?

Dalek

Sheriff: 'Making a Murderer' is not a documentary

Making a Murderer, a 10-part documentary released Dec. 18 on Netflix, follows the case of Steven Avery, a Manitowoc County, Wis., man convicted of killing a freelance photographer two years after being exonerated for a crime he didn't commit.

The filmmakers soon bring up the idea that local law enforcement had it out for Avery.

Manitowoc County Sheriff Robert Hermann said law enforcement would have no reason to frame an innocent man and wouldn't call it a documentary.

"A documentary puts things in chronological order and tells the story as it is. ... I’ve heard things are skewed," said Hermann, who hasn't seen the series but has been discussing it with the department. "They’ve taken things out of context and taken them out of the order in which they occurred, which can lead people to a different opinion or conclusion."

Avery was cleared of a 1985 rape conviction — after serving 18 years in prison — following the discovery of new evidence that linked the crime to another man. A couple years later, Avery and his teenage nephew, Brendan Dassey, were accused of killing 25-year-old Teresa Halbach.

Halbach was photographing vehicles for Auto Trader magazine on Halloween in 2005. Her third and final stop was supposed to be Avery's Auto Salvage near Mishicot. This was the day she was last seen.

A few days later, Halbach's parents reported her missing. Two days after their report, search volunteers found what they believed to be Halbach's Toyota RAV4 at the Averys' salvage yard. On Nov. 10, a day after Avery was arrested, then-Calumet County Sheriff Jerry Pagel announced Halbach had been killed on the property and her body burned.

The documentary alleges law enforcement and the court system mishandled the case and also questions whether evidence may have been planted to frame Avery.

"Show me the evidence he was framed. There is not going to be any. It didn’t happen," said Hermann, who joined the department in 1985. "I don’t know why anybody in law enforcement would want to get him, that makes no sense."

"They relate it to the previous lawsuit. That has nothing to do with law enforcement. The lawsuit was against the county and ... while we don’t like to have lawsuits against your county or your city or whatever, really to the individual law enforcement officer, that doesn’t mean a lot because it just doesn’t affect them," Hermann added.

Avery had been attempting to sue the county for $36 million over the wrongful conviction at the time of his arrest.

Hermann said Manitowoc County turned the case over to Calumet County Sheriff's Department — which led the investigation efforts and determined what charges to present — almost immediately.

"Because of the previous case, we thought it would be best. That was right from the get-go we had the other agency involved and taking the lead on it," he said. "Anytime there is a serious incident, if you have a suspect, it’s best to get that arrest made, but you can only do that when you have enough probable cause. And anytime you have a serious case like this, you’re working with the courts, the DA’s office, other law enforcement."

Avery was sentenced in 2007 to life in prison without parole on first-degree intentional homicide as a party to a crime, and possession of a firearm as a felon.

Dassey was convicted of first-degree intentional homicide, mutilating a corpse and second-degree sexual assault, all as a party to a crime, according to court records. He is eligible for parole with extended supervision on Nov. 1, 2048, but has taken his case into the federal court system in hopes of being released.

I love how the frame job couldn't have possibly have happened to Avery in the murder trial...when the very same people did a frame job to him on the rape trial! Perfectly logical.

hawk2025

"A documentary puts things in chronological order and tells the story as it is. ... I’ve heard things are skewed," said Hermann, who hasn't seen the series but has been discussing it with the department.

Nice, Sheriff.

The same kind of lazy, unfounded analysis that got us in this mess in the first place.

yyzjohn

Banned
"A documentary puts things in chronological order and tells the story as it is. ... I’ve heard things are skewed," said Hermann, who hasn't seen the series but has been discussing it with the department.

Nice, Sheriff.

The same kind of lazy, unfounded analysis that got us in this mess in the first place.

They did arrange things out of order to make it more understandable for the viewer. They would introduce specific witness testimony after presenting what the defense thought happened with a particular piece of evidence for example. It still doesn't change anything about the evidence, they just re-arrange the presentation to the viewer so it's more enjoyable to watch.

aerts1js

They did arrange things out of order to make it more understandable for the viewer. They would introduce specific witness testimony after presenting what the defense thought happened with a particular piece of evidence for example. It still doesn't change anything about the evidence, they just re-arrange the presentation to the viewer so it's more enjoyable to watch.

Yeah, but just the fact that "I didn't even bother to watch it.. I heard from someone else.. formed my opinion from that" sums up how they do things around there.

Hazmat

The kid on trial didn't know the difference between yards and feet or what the word "inconsistent" meant.

It's absurd.

This was rough. He had to make decisions about his defense, whether or not to testify against his uncle, and whether or not to take a plea on top of his coerced confession. The investigators and/or his lawyers tell him his story is inconsistent and he doesn't understand what that means. There's no way this kid could understand what was happening. Do they not have social workers in Wisconsin?

Him being expected to take an active role in his defense is like asking an average 11 year old or bright 8 year old to defend themselves against two Grownup Police Officers accusing them of rape and murder.

yyzjohn

Banned
The only other thing I'm wondering about, if you believe someone else killed Teresa. If for example, wild speculation here, you think the ex-boyfriend had something to do with it. What has happened to the guy since 2005? Generally if you go to the lengths of murdering someone, the pattern of violence will probably repeat again in the future. Especially if he got away with it...so has he had any domestic abuse charges since 2005? Any trouble with the law at all since then? Same goes for any other suspect you might think is responsible.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
This was rough. He had to make decisions about his defense, whether or not to testify against his uncle, and whether or not to take a plea on top of his coerced confession. The investigators and/or his lawyers tell him his story is inconsistent and he doesn't understand what that means. There's no way this kid could understand what was happening. Do they not have social workers in Wisconsin?

Him being expected to take an active role in his defense is like asking an average 11 year old or bright 8 year old to defend themselves against two Grownup Police Officers accusing them of rape and murder.

It bothered me that he was able to make these agreements at 16? You can't do anything in this country at that age without a parent's oversight, and in some cases, consent.

EthanC

Banned
They never investigated Karen Halback's
creepy roommate
or barely mentioned him. Any info there?

You think he
killed her, planted her car, planted her bones, whispered info that only the killer would know into Brendan's ear, and then planted Avery's blood somehow in her car? Or do you believe he merely killed her elsewhere and let the cops do all the planting of evidence?
Because of "reasons"?

Just finished a 2 day marathon watch. Very well done and very compelling. The whole thing just makes me sick. As many others have said, I can't say for certain Steven is innocent but the State absolutely did not make the case that he did it and there are so many inconsitencies and unanswered questions to leave a ton of reasonable doubt.

The States story never makes any sense. No motive is established or even proposed. No murder weapon is found. Halbach's DNA is not found anywhere in the house or garage except for a single bullet found months later.

Also, the fact that Manitowoc sherriff department had to "officialy" recuse itself from the investigaion due to a conflict of interest with the pending lawsuit brought by Steven Avery yet manages to be the agency that collects every single piece evidence is mind boggling. How can the trial not be thrown out on this alone? Not to mention, every key piece of evidence was linked to Lenk and Colburn, the same deputies deposed in Steven Avery lawsuit. WTF!

Also, how the Jury went from 7 Not Guilty to 12 Guilty is highly suspect.

I would say, however, if I was on that jury, I would have a hard time saying guilty with everything I had seen, but the ramifications of a Not Guilty verdict on the Sherriff dept would have me fear for my own safety given their penchant for railroading the Averys.

Finally, poor Brendan. The kid clearly had no idea what was happening. The level of doublethink and inconsistency the Srate had to take in their position to try convict both is appalling. Logically, both versions of the States story cannot be correct. The fact that a court system will allow a DA to present wildly different accounts of a crime for 2 defendants in separate cases, for the same crime, is ludicrous. This is not about finding the truth or justice, it is Judicial Theater. The state witness even sat there and stated there was no evidence whatsoever connecting Brendan to the crime, but he's locked up anyway. Tragic.

You think he
killed her, planted her car, planted her bones, whispered info that only the killer would know into Brendan's ear, and then planted Avery's blood somehow in her car? Or do you believe he merely killed her elsewhere and let the cops do all the planting of evidence?
Because of "reasons"?
Can you describe us what happened to Teresa instead? I want to know what you think happened. I am open to the possibility that Avery killed her but I just do not see a convincing argument to prove that. Describe us the timeline from Oct 31st onwards.

Top Bottom