• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Making gigantic super-thick pancakes with a rice cooker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
You Americans with you awful thick, fluffy pancakes. This is what a real pancake should look like:

IMG_0140.JPG

That's a fucking tart.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
holy shit I need to do this. If it works out well it'd be perfect for that special weekend breakfast using the timer.

The cocoa and cream cheese variants look great.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
wait - not enough info. How much batter mix to use? Do you just cook it on the normal rice setting? I want to make this right now

wait - not enough info. How much batter mix to use? Do you just cook it on the normal rice setting? I want to make this right now

Seriously need more info STAT. I see rice cookers on Amazon that are for 4 cups of rice and some for 10 cups of rice. Do I get the bigger one or am I only supposed to use part of the batter for each giant cake? What settings do we use to cook it? I'm gonna go to Target tomorrow and buy a damned rice cooker if we can get the proper information in here!!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Seriously need more info STAT. I see rice cookers on Amazon that are for 4 cups of rice and some for 10 cups of rice. Do I get the bigger one or am I only supposed to use part of the batter for each giant cake? What settings do we use to cook it? I'm gonna go to Target tomorrow and buy a damned rice cooker if we can get the proper information in here!!

I don't even know what cups are. Imperial system not confusing enough, you go and add fathoms and gills to it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Considering I think the yanks are foolish for calling drop scones pancakes there is no way in hell I'm going to call that puffy thing a pancake. For one it isn't even made in a pan!

Cerity

Isn't this from that episode of yakitate japan where they teach you how to make a sponge cake in a rice cooker?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If only there was a way to make it light and fluffy as well.

A giant fluffy pancake I can make using a rice cooker would be the dream.

zma1013

Does John Stewart have to go on another rant about food?

"Not only is it not the best pancake, it's not even a pancake!"

daveo42

Banned
Man, that looks so good but seems like a meal for a family, not a single person. It's like pancake batter breakfast cake. Might be worth trying as part of some Saturday morning breakfast time.

I nearly lost it. Perfect sir. Good show and all that.

Camwi

Yep, I'm sold. Not all that expensive, either (going by the most popular options).

I want to try this but I can't wait 45 mins for a pancake.

Read further into the OP. It says most rice cookers have a timer, so you can set it to be done when you wake up in the morning.

20cent

Banned
You Americans with you awful thick, fluffy pancakes. This is what a real pancake should look like:

IMG_0140.JPG

What the fuck is this shit man, I don't know where you from but you don't do better than Americans, sorry.

This is the only way to it, if sweet crepes are your thing

l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom