• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 ended in the Southern Indian Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidtmd

Banned
I don't know, but regardless of any involvement conspiracies I imagine a fair few Governments around the world are using this plane as an opportunity to dump bad news so it ends up as a footnote on page 14 instead of page 2.

He's obviously a terrorist, cause he doesn't have a big ass smile plastered on his face during 100% of his waking hours, and certainly does not seem "chill" enough to be a non-terrorist.

Seriously, think about how ridiculous you sound. Stop attempting to make sinister insinuations and character assassinations based on shit like this.
Ok

Giggzy

Yeah.... I used to marshal in aircraft all the time when I worked for UPS Air. Nearly every pilot I came in contact with was a dick. They work around the clock and are constantly away from home. I'm sure it's hard to always be friendly, even though they should!

HoosTrax

Yeah.... I used to marshal in aircraft all the time when I worked for UPS Air. Nearly every pilot I came in contact with was a dick. They work around the clock and are constantly away from home. I'm sure it's hard to always be friendly, even though they should!
Maybe the ones with poor people skills seek out the cargo airlines instead of passenger airlines to avoid having to be nice to the self-loading cargo.

Maybe the ones with poor people skills seek out the cargo airlines instead of passenger airlines to avoid having to be nice to the self-loading cargo.

No. Usually they go cargo because the salary is higher and they ask less flight hours to move up.

8EKJWEH.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-26608362

Towards the end of this clip, there is an interview with 'Aerospace & defense consultant' Ravi Madavaram. His words:

'I think it was very well planned, they knew what is there, what routes to go to. They planned it well, they practiced it even, so whoever has planned this is way ahead of us.'

Welp. Seems like he's made up his mind already? :/

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
So what is the craziest conspiracy theory you guys have heard so far?

I heard the plane went through a time warp and hit the World Trade Center on 9/11.

Wow that's not a lot of money for first year

Yeah, and you have to remember that all of those companies are "end game" jobs. You have to get 5-10 years experience elsewhere before you can even think of getting hired at those companies. Also, I'm pretty sure that 5 year pilot salary figure is assuming an upgrade to Captain. That doesn't always happen after 5 years.

Phthisis

the last satellite ping of the plane was directly over the diego garcia US airbase in the indian ocean, the plane is stored there and is being prepared for another 9/11 false flag attack

Diego Garcia is a US Navy base, and it's in the Indian Ocean, not the Pacific.

Was hoping for some deep analysis of search patterns for the location of flight 370... Instead found an elementary introduction to Baysian Statistics with a few morsels of information about past searches for missing planes. Left dissapointed.

Most of it was fluff, but I did not know such assistance had been brought in during the Air France search. The part about early searches not being charted due to figuring they'll find the plane soon enough was interesting, too. Of course, in this case that won't matter since they were searching in the wrong body of water.

maliedoo

BearPawB

Banned
Idk why everyone credits her for that. We discussed it yesterday at length after people on reddit discovered it.

A boat from Greece went through the area and saw nothing

If the plane was in fact stolen, it will be impossible to find now. Repainting the plane would be the first thing the hijackers would do to conceal its identity.

Deku Tree

If the plane was in fact stolen, it will be impossible to find now. Repainting the plane would be the first thing the hijackers would do to conceal its identity.

It would be quite hard for them to remove the unique serial numbers from every single part on the plane. But yeah those parts are going to be hard to find.

EDIT: yeah and the people too

What can you do with a stolen plane other than sell it for parts? Hell I imagine parts would be hard to sell because commercial airline companies aren't buying black market stuff.

Dishwalla

Banned
What would the point of repainting the plane be? It's not like they are going to use it as their own private charter plane to take a leisure flight on a Sunday afternoon. If who ever took the plane(assuming it still exists at this point) has the intent to use it in a future attack I don't think the color of the plane would really matter, whose even going to see the physical plane until seconds before it hits it's target?

raindoc

What can you do with a stolen plane other than sell it for parts? Hell I imagine parts would be hard to sell because commercial airline companies aren't buying black market stuff.

Everything will make sense to you once Iran unveils their new stealth bomber.

What would the point of repainting the plane be? It's not like they are going to use it as their own private charter plane to take a leisure flight on a Sunday afternoon. If who ever took the plane(assuming it still exists at this point) has the intent to use it in a future attack I don't think the color of the plane would really matter, whose even going to see the physical plane until seconds before it hits it's target?

I will have you know it is a well known fact that if it was painted red, and had flames on the sides it actually goes faster.

Has anyone else heard of some crazy ass conspiracy theories? My wife jokingly said that the plane was hijacked to harvest organs. At first I thought it was silly but perhaps people should really see if there is a new glut of organs on the open market.

Megasoum

Banned
I think anybody could easily spot a paintjob done in the middle of a jungle with paint cans and brushes lol.

It's like paiting your car with a roller....sure it will hide what was under it but it won't be pretty hah.

I will have you know it is a well known fact that if it was painted red, and had flames on the sides it actually goes faster.

Has anyone else heard of some crazy ass conspiracy theories? My wife jokingly said that the plane was hijacked to harvest organs. At first I thought it was silly but perhaps people should really see if there is a new glut of organs on the open market.

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread there are probably much easier ways to harvest human organs than to hijack a plane. It's also a bad idea since you have no idea how many children or people with less than ideal organs would be on board.

Linsies

He was going on a long trip for work. He was going to be away from his kids and wife and they were worried. I saw his wife in tears on TV.

I just wanted to add that I saw the wife (Paul Weeks' wife) interviewed on television and she said that they had a car accident in December that frightened them into discussing what they would do if one of them was to die suddenly. She basically said he was still thinking about the accident and wanted to ensure the ring and watch got to his kids if anything happened to him... the accident was still on his mind when he left.

I don't believe this is a plausible theory mind you. But at the rate this investigation is unfolding, even the most batshit insane theories are becoming vaguely plausible.

People on the internet with wild imaginations are the cause of these insane theories. Hardly information is coming out, but it still is most likely at the bottom of a body of water right now, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom