• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 ended in the Southern Indian Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifon

Still going with my theory that the pilot/co-pilot was paid off to hijack the plane. Why exactly I'm not sure, potentially something aboard worth a lot of money and hassle to someone. Probably killing the passengers through depressurisation. This could have gone wrong somehow and the plane could have crashed in a currently unknown location at sea off course.

Looking more and more likely that it wasn't simply a malfunction.

For those of you just joining us...

ysd0Hcy.jpg

You're on your own. I have no idea what's going on.

dude you are just awesome. I wait for your post in every single epic thread.

Magni

Still going with my theory that the pilot/co-pilot was paid off to hijack the plane. Why exactly I'm not sure, potentially something aboard worth a lot of money and hassle to someone. Probably killing the passengers through depressurisation. This could have gone wrong somehow and the plane could have crashed in a currently unknown location at sea off course.

Looking more and more likely that it wasn't simply a malfunction.

How much would you have to pay someone to kill 200+ people and risk their life like that (without selling them some bullshit about serving their country)?

I'm glad there's at least good evidence that it headed towards the Indian Ocean (from tracing those satellite pings). The one thing I think happened is that the plane was stuck in auto-pilot as it headed towards the ocean...

MIMIC

Banned
Oh wow. I had no idea that 45,000 feet was too high for anyone to breathe. Now I'm thinking that the pilot was on a mission to kill the passengers and land the plane somewhere.

Oh wow. I had no idea that 45,000 feet was too high for anyone to breathe. Now I'm thinking that the pilot was on a mission to kill the passengers and land the plane somewhere.

the oxygen masks would deploy at that point and I am guessing they automatically release oxygen OR maybe he shut the oxygen supply and tried to kill everyone on board

KHarvey16

the oxygen masks would deploy at that point and I am guessing they automatically release oxygen OR maybe he shut the oxygen supply and tried to kill everyone on board

Oxygen only lasts a few minutes in the passenger area, it's only meant to allow the plane to descend below 13,000 or so feet since any higher and there isn't enough oxygen. The big problem though is 45,000 feet is above the ceiling for the 777. Part of me wonders if they used up a lot of fuel making the plane go fast enough to get lift at that altitude and emptied the tank after 4 or 5 hours and that's what caused it to crash.

MIMIC

Banned
That's a bit of a stretch - which article says the plane was last found 45k up in the air?

I'm just watching CNN. IIRC, first it was at 45,000 feet then went in the other direction and then descended.

Also, I don't see why they're saying that it crashed. I think it landed (or "crash" landed on land somewhere)

We may never find out what happened to the flight. Especially if it flew out into Indian Ocean. This is going to be the most publicized conspiracy at AboveTopSecret and other conspiracy forums.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I'm just watching CNN. IIRC, first it was at 45,000 feet then went in the other direction and then descended.

Also, I don't see why they're saying that it crashed. I think it landed (or "crash" landed on land somewhere)

That's probably nearly impossible. You can't hide a runway for this kind of plane, let alone take off from it later on to do whatever. This would be the most ridiculous plan.

luoapp

This airline is fucked. Who's going to fly with them if it's proved that the pilots did this?

Egypt denied their co-pilot was suicide despite strong evidences suggest otherwise, Malaysia can do the same if they think it's necessary. They have the final say, officially anyway.

Kacho

I can't believe we're still clueless after a week. Those poor people. I mean, anything is possible at this point it seems. Hopefully we all get some closure soon.

That's probably nearly impossible. You can't hide a runway for this kind of plane, let alone take off from it later on to do whatever. This would be the most ridiculous plan.

It's already such a wild theory though. If someone can get on the plane, in the cockpit, disable comms at the exact right moment, avoid radar and outwit a dozen countries all in pursuit, why is landing it so implausible?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So Malaysia saw this plane on radar going the wrong direction and didn't think anything of it?

That's what I don't understand. Clearly now we know the plane showed back on radar at some point.

Luckily the plane did no land on a heavily populated area.

Oxygen only lasts a few minutes in the passenger area, it's only meant to allow the plane to descend below 13,000 or so feet since any higher and there isn't enough oxygen. The big problem though is 45,000 feet is above the ceiling for the 777. Part of me wonders if they used up a lot of fuel making the plane go fast enough to get lift at that altitude and emptied the tank after 4 or 5 hours and that's what caused it to crash.

hmm very interesting. thanks for your insights

the press conference is on now, gaf dude's dad is on the air

MIMIC

Banned

You can land without a runway. That's why I said "crash" landing (or emergency landing). And who said anything about taking off?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Think that's a repeat. Date says March 14 and it should be March 15 there now.
odd
You can land without a runway. That's why I said "crash" landing (or emergency landing). And who said anything about taking off?
from a purely statistical standpoint the plane has a much higher chance of landing on water than on land especially if it was going in the direction we believe it was going now.

luoapp

So Malaysia saw this plane on radar going the wrong direction and didn't think anything of it?

That's what I don't understand. Clearly now we know the plane showed back on radar at some point.

Luckily the plane did no land on a heavily populated area.

Malaysian military ATC saw the blip on the radar, while unidentified, believed it posed no threat, since it's leaving their airspace. Only later they connected the dots and started to talk with civilian ATC.

They didnt see that the plane was heading back MThanded, but there's a possibility that it has during the investigation after it has gone missing.

MIMIC

Banned
odd

from a purely statistical standpoint the plane has a much higher chance of landing on water than on land especially if it was going in the direction we believe it was going now.

Well I'm just basically saying that my theory is that the plane is still intact, and that it didn't "crash" in the Indian Ocean (with "crash" meaning that it's in a million pieces)

Egypt denied their co-pilot was suicide despite strong evidences suggest otherwise, Malaysia can do the same if they think it's necessary. They have the final say, officially anyway.

Everytime I see the EgyptAir plane at pearson international I get the chills in mind, I would never fly in that plane ever.

Megasoum

Banned
So huh.... Discovery Canada is doing a Mayday Marathon tonight...

And now it's the episode on the Silk Air flight in Malaysia...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom