• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man dissolved in acidic water at Yellowstone after he slips into pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noobcraft

One article I read suggested that the water was over 100°C, so he burned/was scalded to death. The water is less acidic than something like coca cola, and acid likely only played a role in dissolving his remains rather than contributing to his death.

Ronabo

deadpool.gif

Not

Banned
That's it. I'm staying inside my house until natural causes set in.

Immediately slips in shower

I've liked dark humor in the past but this thread really hit me on why it's so prevalent. We can go at any time in any way, best thing to do is laugh at death in the face.

norm9

Seems like this could have been easily avoided by avoiding a giant boiling acid lake, but I'm no scientist.

Why in the ever living fuck would you walk across known danger zones of the biggest active super volcano on the freaking planet?! I feel sorry for the both of them but damn, what the hell is even the aim?

zeemumu

Here's a question to give you nightmares: What killed him first? Drowning, or the boiling acidic temperature?

Depends. The acid water would make it difficult to swim. Either way his lungs got melted. That question reminds me of the 1988 Blob where they're trying to escape through the sewer and the blob drags this kid into the water. I assumed that the blob dissolved most of him before he could drown.

Pretty sure this is the second time that something like this has happened this year.

IDK, this one is up there.

Typical first reply :p

How do you only get 9 years for this?!

vareon

Why in the ever living fuck would you walk across known danger zones of the biggest active super volcano on the freaking planet?! I feel sorry for the both of them but damn, what the hell is even the aim?

The sister is taking a video, so probably for social media lulz thing. Similar to death caused by selfies on a dangerous place.

Klocker

One article I read suggested that the water was over 100°C, so he burned/was scalded to death. The water is less acidic than something like coca cola, and acid likely only played a role in dissolving his remains rather than contributing to his death.

This

Still horrible

So if I sat in a bath of coca cola would I get dissolved?

Omadahl

Banned
It never fails to baffle me what people do in Yellowstone. I've been there at least eight times and with every visit I see something incredibly stupid. There are signs in twenty languages that state, "don't touch the water," "don't leave the path," and "don't get close to the animals." I've seen people touching the water, throwing pennies in, trying to pet a bison, and even one idiot trying to put their kid on the back of a bison. It's really miracle more people aren't gored or horrifically burned.

Rear Window

Neo Member
This was said in the other thread, but in order to get to that point you would need to drag the body two hundred feet off the path and risk - quite considerably - joining that body in a boiling grave. That seems to be a big drawback with that method of body disposal.

The paths go right up next to the hot springs. You can just dump him in right from the path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom